Reviews for It Started With A Piano
LoliPear the WaltzQueen chapter 11 . 4/5/2011
This. I just-Hmnnng-no words!

At first I was heavily wierded out by the rape at the beginning and then the total strangness of the situation really hit me hard. I found myself wanting to peek into their brains to pick out their thought processes and disect them. I wanted to take those thoughts and cut them up and examine those little chunks. Great story please write more!
The Wammy Boys chapter 11 . 9/9/2010
This made me cry so much. One minute I'm thinking "oh my gods this is so hot, I've died and gone to heaven," and then the other half of the time I'm crying my eyes out.

Being a psycho-analagyst at heart, I fell in love with this story from the start. I love it. Ignore anyone that says it's unlikely. It's not. It's a nice change from most KyouyaxTamaki's, which are fun but somewhat idiotic.

Thank you to both of you so much for writing this story. It moved me in a way few things do.
LotusThorn chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
Hey there you guys.

I know this is late, but i was recently gettin back into my mood of reading and writing, after a short 6 months pause, haha, and i fell upon your story.

I absolutely love it. Just sayin...unfortunately to some i am all kindsa disturbed...the things I have pulled with my friend in our roleplays would only be considered wrong to other people, but it's because they aren't me and her...

Anyway i decided to write this because i was reading the intro to your last chapter and saw what you had said about some anonymous reviewer...people are about 10 kinds of stupid and rarely know what they speak of. They didn;t agree with it or understand so they felt the need to talk some shit instead of walking away...well im here to say i LOVE the story it has me hooked in the worst of ways, lol. I hope you two get the urge to write some more soon. Im goin to try and finish my stories so i can start up another. Good Luck on Life and such things!

~*~Lotus~*~
x chapter 11 . 1/30/2010
I would just like to say that this is one of the most emotionally moving stories i've read about the pair or friends. It was sad yes, but you wrote it brilliantly. And you are a phenomenal writer at the very least. I would love if you wrote another story, about anything at all.
catching blackberries chapter 11 . 1/4/2010
Whaa! I"m so sad there's no more(yet?). I'll admit maybe the beginning is a little rushed? But I don't really know, I'll admit though to being fan of both sadomasochism and angsty Tamaki so I'm quite happy that this story is out there!

I'd like to compliment you on your grammar and spelling as well as them being much more IC than normally expected with these types of stories. It's sexy but still so much more than just lemons!

I will say though that I'm missing Huni and Mori being the only host clubs who didn't show in this chapter. For two reasons, if most of the groups they all seem to come along and you just did Haruhi, Hikaru and Kaoru so well. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter!
AsumaKun9 chapter 11 . 7/8/2009
Please continue! The writing is amazing. The way the two of you write goes perfectly together.

I could totally see this kind of Tamaki/Kyouya relationship as possible. It's interesting and different. Keep up the good work!
Krytical chapter 11 . 7/1/2009
You should continue this. This story is so interesting.
AbandoningAccount Read Profile chapter 11 . 5/12/2009
Please update soon
Mephisto chapter 11 . 4/4/2009
Well. It is sorta sadistic. However I feel that the relationship you guys both wrote about is pretty complex and whatnot and you captured it perfectly. Cheers for a intense read, not really my cup of tea but good nevertheless.
Une Reine Guadeloupeenne chapter 11 . 3/24/2009
Oh no. Poor Tamaki. I am glad that Kyouya is there to find him

And I am also very excited that the twins are there. The weekend will be filled with fun now. -cackle-
Kamari Jones chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
this story is really...weird yet interesting. i found it to be sort of hilarious but it wasn't a bad hilarious. overall i loved this story...the romance between Tamaki and Kyouya was unpredicting but expected...lol sorry about the whole professional look on your story but i guess it's just the way i think...okay thats not really how i think but when reading stories it is...anyways i loved your story and i loved reading it.

KaoruKamari4ever! _
Hitachiin Shibo chapter 2 . 3/21/2009
Holy hell... intense.
Hitachiin Shibo chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
You have an incredibly... interesting style of writing that I'm having a hard time adjusting to and deciding wether I like or not. But it's gotten my attention and I will continue to read. You also have quite a unique perspective on these characters that I like because it's different and a little dark. Wow, and good job -
TheSightofYou chapter 11 . 3/20/2009
Wow awesome how far have you read in the manga though?
The Obsidian Angel chapter 11 . 3/20/2009
I might not be able to read your story, but whenever you update I always peek back to a least see how people are responding to it. I kind of consider myself really good at analyzing characters - I know How conceited am I right? XD So I guess I wanted to share a few things.

1. There is a Rape warning at the very beginning of the story. Not just disturbing content but also a warning that the story deals with sadomasochism.

- Agreed. And besides it IS in mature. We can't hold you accountable for anything we went looking for.

2. Sadly to say the rape and personal feelings in this story were pulled from real life experiences, so to say that it is unlikely just confuses me. A lot of victims form a bond with their rapist in which they refuse to let them go.

- Sorry about your experiences, but the question and one of the main reasons for anyone being disturbed isn't whether or not the situation is possible. It's whether or not the situation is possible with THESE characters.

3. I think Kyouya is VERY capable of raping somebody. Reference the episode in which he almost rapes Haruhi until she says he has no reason to.

- Kyouya never planned to rape Haruhi. He was trying to teach her lesson (which is better implemented in the manga btw). While Kyouya might be Club Member Most Likely To Rape Someone, it's a stretch. Especially with Tamaki. He may want to punch him sometimes, but he would never want to break him because Tamaki's enduring spirit is one of the main reasons that Kyouya admires and loves him so much. His violent tendencies toward him would never reach to this level unless something incredibly drastic and earth moving happened- like a brain injury.

4. The sadomasochism that goes on in this story stems from a) Kyouya's own rigid and controlling personality and b) Tamaki's easy going and needing to be wanted and adored attitude. Though it may not be "likely" (canon wasn't really something we were going for exactly) I still think we did the best we could ever do with how the story turned out.

- I agree that you did the best with your story to keep them in character. With this situation, I do not believe that they could EVER be truly in character, but you did the best you could with the story-line and they are still generally identifiable as themselves. And as for the comment on Tamaki's personality... Tamaki is such a difficult character to figure out although he seems easy at first glance. I don't think Tamaki should be taken so lightly. He's easy going, but he's also incredibly fiery and stubborn. I don't think Tamaki would want to immediately cut all contacts with Kyouya after the rape, HOWEVER, he would be much more outraged and visibly hurt. I don't think he would be broken. One of his strong points is that he recovers incredibly easily- even from being told he could never see his mother again.

5. As for skimming it over, that's fine. I do it all the time when I read other people's work. I don't expect anyone to read this story if they don't like it, or they don't like the style or content. That's your perogative. But please don't tell me I don't have proper warnings, or that the rape seems unlikely when those were pulled from personal experience and feelings. Thank you.

- Yeah, I know you weren't talking to me, but I just wanted to respond. I do that sometimes. Sorry. This is in no way trying to make you change your story. I just skim it anyway XD I just like debating over what characters WOULD or WOULD NOT do. Because really, when you think about it, with fanfiction it all comes down to the characters. But again, I have to say, great job on keeping them as in character as possible with such a plot.