Reviews for The Song in the Darkness
Anonymous chapter 14 . 11/23/2013
This is beautiful...
Imaginigma chapter 14 . 2/4/2013
Hello, its ages since i last read a lotr fanfic or reviewed one, but i could not end this story without replying. Great story! I have no idea how i could have missed this story when you first posted it. I especially liked the chapter in which aragorn built the white city in his mind and had different people giard the seven gates. Fantastic idea! Of course, i have a soft spot for halbarad, so i especially liked his secne (although he had to die in the end). *grin* i have toyed with the idea of writing a story about aragorn entering mordor after sauron fell, but stopped writing stories before i could. So, thank you for giving me a glimpse of mordor! It is so refreshing to read a story about mordor and an older aragorn. Usually the stories center on him being young...and reckless...LOL.
So, great read!
Imaginigma
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 14 . 1/17/2013
its amazing! you are an amazing storyteller
Allure Storm chapter 14 . 6/7/2012
Wow. And that's about all I can muster.

There is every possibility you will never read this. I wouldn't blame you in the least if you don't.

Still, I'd like to let you know that The Song in the Darkness was beautiful. It's hard to find a really good author, but I'm pleased to announce that I have.

It was about perfect. Nicely done.

Oh, and thanks.

-Allure
anon chapter 8 . 11/8/2011
Oh my god! This chapter brought tears to my eyes! What a great and powerful imaginiation, and so true to Tolkien's world! He would be proud :) Keep up the great work
some girl chapter 5 . 11/8/2011
Wow! I am absolutely speechless! This story is so beautifully well written that it deserevs a much longer review, but again: the power of your writing has left me speechless! Amazing!
kayamira chapter 14 . 11/7/2011
What a wonderful tale, lovley and skillfully told... Thank you so much for sharing it. no matter if fear, love, torture or friendship, the story became alive in front of my eyes. I am looking forward to your next chapter!
kathu chapter 14 . 6/29/2011
*deep breathing*

This is absolutely awsome, the plot, the writing, the combination with poetry and The Masters own words, the emotions...

I just couldn't stop reading.

Watching Gandalfs agony over Aragorn was heartrendering. To see the love, that wants to free his friend and the moment of his sword not going for the wrist, but for the heart... argh, you had me in tears.

Well, what really got me, was the White City build by song, and the loved ones defending the gates.

And Earendil holding the spark of light...

And Aragorns answer to Arwens choice: I can live. Live for you.

*sniff*

This is not just romance, but deep philosoph of life.

Thank You so much for sharing this.

Kathu

PS. I did read the first half as well ;-) But so many others wrote about the impact of your writing already... ("Beauty" doesn't fit here, but it is amazing)
darke wulf chapter 14 . 1/30/2011
This was just fantastic. Really, phenominal job!
Abject Tears chapter 8 . 12/17/2010
May I say that you left me totally speechless. And, judging by the reviews you've received, I am not the only one! This chapter (Ch. 8), in particular, made me gasp. It was a worthy climax, and you are a brilliant writer. How his singing formed the last defence of the White City, how the Seven Gates were each defended by special, strong memories, the pain of having that torn down, one by one, until finally all he had left was Estel, Hope. It was beautiful and heartbreaking and downright astounding. Oh, I also loved the title, the reference to the promise he made to Boromir. You amaze me.
writertron chapter 14 . 10/13/2010
beautiful. i love how you have blended song, poetry and prose... amazing.
iccle fairy chapter 14 . 9/16/2010
absolutely amazing piece. realy moving and well, there are no words really! well done :D
reader chapter 8 . 9/12/2010
wow, you have created a very powerful story. The fight for you fortress of song is very impressive. A great read!
miladyRanger chapter 14 . 9/8/2010
This is insanely hard to read... you put Aragorn through so much, I wasn't sure he was going to make it for a while. What an amazing fic. Keep writing stuff like this - it makes me think, but it mostly makes me cry, and despair, and at last relearn the meaning of Hope. Thank you for this wonderful tale. My life is a little better for having read this, for pushing me in ways that I've never thought to travel in. Thank you so much!
Canafinwe chapter 9 . 12/1/2009
I love how you have incorporated Tolkien's text into the first part of this chapter! It fits seamlessly with your own words, and I found it exceedingly satisfying. I'm sure I've said it before, but this is AU done well!

The exchange between Gandalf and Pippin was so poignant: Pippin striving to be brave, Gandalf trying his best to be gentle, the disbelief, the sorrow, the last failing hope.

And the eagles! I knew it! Maedhros, indeed. It's terrible to see Aragorn like this, through the eyes of his dearest friend. "Blood shed for the freedom of Middle-earth"... ack!

How painful is Gandalf's search for a pulse! And though he toys briefly with the idea of freeing Aragorn as Fingon freed Maedhros, he sees reason. There really is no other way... except, of course, for "the chain that snaps"! Aragorn is free of his bonds, but the pain and the repercussions of the torture will not so easily release him. It seems almost impossible that he could rally from such hurts, even under the tender ministrations of Elladan and Elrohir. Nonetheless, I have faith in his inner strength and I have faith in Mirach, who promised me that the ultimate outcome remains the same, AU or no!

The image of Gandalf flying back to Minast Tirith upon Gwaihir, with the broken body of the King in his arms, is so horribly vivid. What an image, with the blood staining the white robes. What a powerful and gut-wrenching image!

Well done.