Reviews for The Song in the Darkness
lindahoyland chapter 8 . 4/3/2009
You have a wonderful poetic gift with words for these visions. I liked the mental links with Arwen and Frodo and the use of the power of song,so important in Tolkien.
Raksha The Demon chapter 8 . 3/28/2009
I like your use of the wonderful song-duel between Sauron and Finrod. I certainly hope that Aragorn will survive, unlike poor Finrod.

And Happy Victory over Sauron Day (belated)!
Firefly-Maj chapter 8 . 3/27/2009
Two days of torture, and then I come back to find- more torture! It did not come as a surprise, though. )

This is a brilliant chapter, and Aragorn has been heroic and brave until the end, but now we need someone to collect his battered body and keep his spirit from flying away!

The brief connection to Frodo was very moving, as well as the idea of everyone Aragorn loved trying to protect him; it must have been even worse than the torture for him to see them die.

I really cant wait until it continues!
jgmsccc chapter 8 . 3/25/2009
Wow! I was literally on the edge of my seat.

I loved the March 25 connection. I also love stories that connect what we know with ideas that the author has created.

Thanks
Aelaer chapter 8 . 3/25/2009
Hmm, good chapter, and I'd say your best yet. Very interesting, and I enjoyed the symbolism very much- 7 levels of the City with 7 groups of protectors. The Mouth rode off to the Black Gate some time ago, and I assume Aragorn is still in Barad-dur- I wonder if Gandalf is going to find a few more eagles? XD Or if Aragorn's kin will just ride like heck to the tower and do some major chaos finding their captain. Heheh.
Nosterineth chapter 8 . 3/25/2009
Mirach, I am speechless. This chapter was so... so awesome! I lack proper words to express how much I love it! It brough tears to my eyes, and it make me shake, and gasp, and... I so love it! It was all so touching - the bonds, and the City of song. I literally cried while reading this chapter. But alas! Although Middle-earth is now saved, Aragorn is dying!
Blood.Stained.Fingers chapter 8 . 3/25/2009
Woah! That was... dark.

But, I'm betting that there is another surprise hidden up you sleeve.

Update soon.
openmeadow chapter 8 . 3/25/2009
Mirach~

What to say, what to say :D

Each time I read this, I am simply amazed by how much of a punch you put behind each word. As I read, I'm not just looking at words, but literally seeing the scene in my mind's eye.

*shakes head* Poor Aragorn! He's never going to be the same again is he? (But wait! He- oh, I suppose I shouldn't give away the ending.. D) At some point, he reminded me of the biblical character Job...

Oh, and before I forget- you did a wonderful job with tying the quotations in the story, the just naturally flowed together. Great job!

*runs off to start editing the next chapter*

openmeadow
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 8 . 3/25/2009
Such beautiful writing. Powerful, too. I'm left breathless.

~Cal
xxdevil9xx chapter 8 . 3/25/2009
Sorry I haven't reviewed, by comp broke and I'm just now catching up. Anyway, I love this story. Your descriptions are still amazing, and woah, thats ALOT of torture!

I really like this last chapter, everyone Aragorn loves standing up for him to protect him. I thought that was really nice.

Update soon!
Libertinestar chapter 8 . 3/25/2009
Another excellent chapter, full of drama. You write so well and I think it is just brilliant that you managed to coincide the update with the actual date that the ring was destroyed. I just loved the scene between Aragorn and Sauron and the way you portrayed Sauron's panic and fear. I would have given anything to have seen that in the movie! I hope you are going to make Aragorn all better now! I can't wait for the next chapter.
utfrog chapter 8 . 3/25/2009
I started to review this before I even read it when I saw you matched the story and today's date. Then I decided, so what if I was late to work today. I read quickly so I did not get the full flavor of your skill with words. I will read carefully tonight. However, I can say and mean WOW and well done.
Luinthien chapter 7 . 3/23/2009
Wow! Another great chapter. I cant imagine that Aragorn can take much more. I sure hope that Frodo destroys the ring soon. I appreciate how quick you update! I dont think I can much more! How many chapters are left? I sure hope there are a lot but I dont think our hero can stand too many more. I cant wait to see how he escapes and the reunion with Arwen. Thanks for a great story!
utfrog chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
I see you state the story is complete and that you will be posting. I sure hope so! I do not think I can stand to leave him there. Loved the scene with Arwen - very well done.
Nosterineth chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
Mirach, you brought tears to my eyes, you evil author! Your description of Aragorn's suffering is so good! I can't think of any suitable word to describe it.. It was awesome, and horrible, and I just couldn't stand sitting in one place and reading about it all! So well-written! You're now my idol when it comes to torture scenes!

But where are they taking him? Surely not to the torture-master Sauron himself?
208 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »