Reviews for The Song in the Darkness
Aelaer chapter 8 . 3/25/2009
Hmm, good chapter, and I'd say your best yet. Very interesting, and I enjoyed the symbolism very much- 7 levels of the City with 7 groups of protectors. The Mouth rode off to the Black Gate some time ago, and I assume Aragorn is still in Barad-dur- I wonder if Gandalf is going to find a few more eagles? XD Or if Aragorn's kin will just ride like heck to the tower and do some major chaos finding their captain. Heheh.
Nosterineth chapter 8 . 3/25/2009
Mirach, I am speechless. This chapter was so... so awesome! I lack proper words to express how much I love it! It brough tears to my eyes, and it make me shake, and gasp, and... I so love it! It was all so touching - the bonds, and the City of song. I literally cried while reading this chapter. But alas! Although Middle-earth is now saved, Aragorn is dying!
Blood.Stained.Fingers chapter 8 . 3/25/2009
Woah! That was... dark.

But, I'm betting that there is another surprise hidden up you sleeve.

Update soon.
openmeadow chapter 8 . 3/25/2009
Mirach~

What to say, what to say :D

Each time I read this, I am simply amazed by how much of a punch you put behind each word. As I read, I'm not just looking at words, but literally seeing the scene in my mind's eye.

*shakes head* Poor Aragorn! He's never going to be the same again is he? (But wait! He- oh, I suppose I shouldn't give away the ending.. D) At some point, he reminded me of the biblical character Job...

Oh, and before I forget- you did a wonderful job with tying the quotations in the story, the just naturally flowed together. Great job!

*runs off to start editing the next chapter*

openmeadow
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 8 . 3/25/2009
Such beautiful writing. Powerful, too. I'm left breathless.

~Cal
xxdevil9xx chapter 8 . 3/25/2009
Sorry I haven't reviewed, by comp broke and I'm just now catching up. Anyway, I love this story. Your descriptions are still amazing, and woah, thats ALOT of torture!

I really like this last chapter, everyone Aragorn loves standing up for him to protect him. I thought that was really nice.

Update soon!
Libertinestar chapter 8 . 3/25/2009
Another excellent chapter, full of drama. You write so well and I think it is just brilliant that you managed to coincide the update with the actual date that the ring was destroyed. I just loved the scene between Aragorn and Sauron and the way you portrayed Sauron's panic and fear. I would have given anything to have seen that in the movie! I hope you are going to make Aragorn all better now! I can't wait for the next chapter.
utfrog chapter 8 . 3/25/2009
I started to review this before I even read it when I saw you matched the story and today's date. Then I decided, so what if I was late to work today. I read quickly so I did not get the full flavor of your skill with words. I will read carefully tonight. However, I can say and mean WOW and well done.
Luinthien chapter 7 . 3/23/2009
Wow! Another great chapter. I cant imagine that Aragorn can take much more. I sure hope that Frodo destroys the ring soon. I appreciate how quick you update! I dont think I can much more! How many chapters are left? I sure hope there are a lot but I dont think our hero can stand too many more. I cant wait to see how he escapes and the reunion with Arwen. Thanks for a great story!
utfrog chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
I see you state the story is complete and that you will be posting. I sure hope so! I do not think I can stand to leave him there. Loved the scene with Arwen - very well done.
Nosterineth chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
Mirach, you brought tears to my eyes, you evil author! Your description of Aragorn's suffering is so good! I can't think of any suitable word to describe it.. It was awesome, and horrible, and I just couldn't stand sitting in one place and reading about it all! So well-written! You're now my idol when it comes to torture scenes!

But where are they taking him? Surely not to the torture-master Sauron himself?
Libertinestar chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
Well, I'm not surprised that poor Aragorn's screams have abated after what you've just put him through! Those burns sound horrific. I hope he wont be permanently scarred. You have an amazing imagination when it comes to the torture scenes. I like the little communication with Arwen at the beginning of this chapter and the way Aragorn trys to reach his ada. Don't let him suffer too much longer because I'm not really sure how much more I can take never mind poor Aragorn!
Thorongirl chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
Incredible story. I am so feeling Aragorn's pain because you write it all so realistically. My poor ranger. Gads, but this is good. Seldom do I say this, but you've got to rescue him soon. He can't take much more and neither can I. Brilliant story overall.
Firefly-Maj chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
Despite your warning I had to read this, of course, and now Im feeling queasy! You really have got to stop torturing Aragorn like that; HE might be strong, but I cant take it anymore! :P

Very good writing again, and I liked the way you wove the song into the story, it was heartbreaking when it finally died away. Oh, and the beginning- its an excellent idea to involve Arwen in this; now they know that his situation is very dire, and the despair that Elrond shows is perfectly adding to the tension and the readers fear that they might get our Ranger out of there too late to save him!

Heres an idea of mine, by the way: now that the story is finished you could post the next chapter TOMORROW! And then you can go on posting one chapter every day! Thats quite brilliant, dont you think? ;D
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
Finally leaving a review for this. :)

First of all, thank you for writing and sticking to this. I've seen a couple of AU's like this, but it seems most are only oneshots or have been abandoned.

Second, your writing is lovely.

I look forward to more.