Reviews for The Song in the Darkness
lindahoyland chapter 3 . 3/5/2009
Poor Aragorn!I fear this could very easily have he could buy time by pretending to tell them where the Ring was?
Firefly-Maj chapter 4 . 3/5/2009
Argh, youre killing him! There cant be any flesh left on Aragorns back, how is he going to survive this?

Very powerful chapter, partially due to the detailed torture scenes but also because of Aragorns stamina and his refusal to give in; it is a very awesome scene where he blinks when he hears the whip but maintains his steely gaze, thus showing that he is unwilling to be scared.

But this was "only" the mouth of Sauron, I wonder what else you have in store for him... and if he is going to live.

Youll have me biting my nails if you keep the suspense up like this! )
Nosterineth chapter 4 . 3/5/2009
Wow, what an awesome and intense chapter!

This torture scene is even better that the previous one! The pain and the emotions are literally radiating from each paragraph, but so is Aragorn's determination and conviction.

I really like your Mouth of Sauron. Cruel, hateful and merciless, but also impulsive and always affected by the fact that a certain Ranger is (to some point) totally unaffected by his actions.

Your description of Aragorn trying to escape the torture into the blissful state of unconsciousness is wonderful; the idea of a path (and it getting more distinct every time the man treads it, and then the path being obscured by the smoke) is fantastic!

You have great skills, Mirach, you are perfectly aware of what you are doing and I love the way you play with the reader.
Libertinestar chapter 4 . 3/5/2009
Wow, that was a really intense chapter. Poor Aragorn. You really describe the torture scenes in cringe making detail! You can almost imagine the pain he must be suffering. How much more can the he take? Looking forward to the next chapter!
StarLight9 chapter 4 . 3/4/2009
Once again, great chapter! I especially love the way Aragorn is resisting the torture and manages to keep his determination and dignity for as long as possible, and even when he can fight the pain no more, he still finds the strength to hide his knowledge about Frodo. The torture is very vivid and well described - almost makes you feel his pain! I wonder if at some point he will be interrogated by Sauron himself.

Hahaha, tempting offer, but I don't think I want to marry Merry for now!
xxdevil9xx chapter 3 . 3/1/2009
Wow. T for torture is right!

I really love your descriptions.

Update soon!
Alex chapter 3 . 2/26/2009
This is well written and beguiling. Thank you!
Libertinestar chapter 3 . 2/26/2009
I'm really enjoying your story. I like your writing style and can't wait for more.
StarLight9 chapter 3 . 2/25/2009
Oh, the torment is increasing - I like it, like it very much! There is something strangely captivating in the image of Aragorn all alone, far away from anyone who cares about him, helpless shivering and in pain, surrounded by foul creatures who laugh and take delight in his suffering. Hmm, when I think about it we also take delight in his suffering in a way, but also love him at the same time. Interesting.

I loved his despair in the beginning and the way he found hope at the very end. And his determination to protect Frodo - he is very in character all the time. I keep wondering how this is going to end - I suppose Frodo will eventually destroy the Ring while Sauron is concentrated on interrogating Aragorn, but then Barad Dur will collapse and he will be in danger of dying under the ruins. I wonder if Gandalf and the Eagles will save him as they do the hobbits and in what condition he is going to be in. But I'm not in a hurry to reach the end at all! I can see some more enjoyable chapters coming, and the longer it lasts, the better!

~StarLight

P.S. Loved your disclaimer - very witty :) And yes, the ability to log in and post can never be taken for granted...
Nosterineth chapter 3 . 2/25/2009
Wow! What an awesome chapter! I love the suspense and the way you show us the torture and everything - rather through Aragorn's thoughts and mental feelings than physical pain. His determination and loyalty to Frodo is great.

I love your description of the dark cell the man found himself in. It was short, but very good and the atmosphere of the place was clear.

So, as I said, the chapter is really wonderful, very intense. Fantastic work, I am impatiently looking forward to an update.
Firefly-Maj chapter 3 . 2/25/2009
You are very skilfully putting our beloved ranger in a very dire position, one cant but feel for him... I winced all the time while reading it!

That Aragorn manages to find the light nevertheless shows how strong he really is, and I loved how he expressed his determination: "Then I will suffer for I will not call myself a traitor." Very good line and completely in character if you ask me.

Hm, this leads me to another thought, though: I do hope he does not get killed in the end!

Even if I am repeating myself: Im looking forward to more! Long live the king! )
jgmsccc chapter 2 . 2/19/2009
Yes, there are those of us who like to read about Aragorn's pain. And you do it so well. I realized that I was holding my breath as I read this chapter.

Can't wait for more.
Thorongirl chapter 2 . 2/19/2009
*Breathes deeply* Wow. Intense. Loving your story. Very, very well written.
Nosterineth chapter 2 . 2/19/2009
Wow, this is a wonderful story! All the emotions are shown so well, they are literally radiating from the text! But poor Aragorn! I can't wait to see the continuation of the story.
WindSurfBabe chapter 2 . 2/19/2009
Well... It's certainly getting darker.

Beautifully written, chilling and despairing, and I suspect it'll get mush worse for Aragorn in a while... So I'm not sure I'll be reading further, but you have my encouragment and support nevertheless.
204 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 Next »