Reviews for Sea of Flames
rosebudmelissa chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
The rivers are just so inspiring in this story. So lovely.
Emberike chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
Wow. This is beautiful, terrifying and amazingly well written.
Berserker Nightwitch chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Wow. That's all. Thank you.
petites sorcieres chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
I liked it. Thank you for the OS
CherylSongbow chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Touching. That's all I can say.
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 9/18/2009

And Edmund is of the woods so it makes sense he'd work hardest to save . . .
s. du jour chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
It's not innapropriate at all. Thanks for caring about Victoria. I'm from West Australia, but that somebody cares still touches me.

The story itself was amazing.
snowstargirl chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
I think you’ve really captured the agony of helplessness here. Poor Peter. You’re very good with imagery, especially the frightening kind. The bit about the mother rabbit pulled at my heart, and Edmund coaxing the bear cub out of hiding was such a very *Edmund* thing to do. And the idea of the four siblings coming together to share their pain later on showed how close they must have been.

You must care about people a lot, to be able to write something like this after reading about a fire. You’re right, America does seem to gloss over a lot of important news. Kudos to you for bringing attention to it.
The Roses and the Thorns chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
Wow. Just wow. I really admire you not only for your superior writing, but also for the compassion which shines through your brief author's notes. Thank you for writing this. I am from Australia and the tragedy of the Victorian bush-fires effected me deeply in an emotional, if not physical sense. Thank-you once again.

In Christ,

Rose and Thorn

P.S. On a lighter note : Happy Easter and God bless.
Ravendo chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
My parents died in the fire when they visited a friend in Australia leaving me and my younger siblings, and when I read this fic I had to say that it made me stronger. It gave me strength so I can continue living and take care of my family. Great story.
Eve Royal chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
Wow. Fires suck. And I know that's really, really not even touching the surface, but... Still.

I'm so glad I don't live in BC or Australia. No fires where I live. But fires are always so, so bad...

-Eve
Leanna chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
It was an amazing story, you were able to put your emotions into this. Thank you for your prayers.
hugs and puppies all around chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
For a second there, I thought you were going to kill Edmund again. Imagine my relief when Peter saw him alive and well. Hahahaha. Brilliant, brilliant story. I absolutely loved it. It was really sweet that you dedicated this story to those people who were affected. God bless you.
Miniver chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Like you, I've often used my writing to devise "rescues" for people I couldn't help in real life. A teacher of mine used to say that authors often write to make order out of a chaotic life, and your beautiful story will doubtless serve this function for many readers as it does for you. How resourceful of you to use the water beings of Narnia in this way. The fact that their efforts cost them greatly is true to the magnitude of the event. Great work.
Bundibird chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Thank you.

As a Victorian, i havent actually been directly affected by the fires, but the fact that they were raging practically just on the other side of the city and so, SO many people have been affected... yeah.

So thank you for this. I cant speak for anyone else, but i know that i really appreciate it. it really is major, and the more people who know about it, the more support is likely to be given to those who so desperately need it right now. So thank you. :)

as for the story itself - it was very well done, which really doesnt come as a surprise, because you wrote it. you really portrayed it well - the sheer helplessness of the people and the absolute power that the fire has. You had me worried for a bit there for ed, but he pulled through, so i was glad of that. :)

You ended it well too - just wrapping the story up after the fire was put out, but describing the total devastation that was wrought. I think it would have ruined it if you'd tried to cover the rebuilding process. Besides - i dont think anyone could capture the feelings and everything of the rebuilding process unless you'd actually gone through it, which thankfully i havent and hopefully never will, and hopefully you wont, and never will.

again, well done, and thank you so much for your support.

Love Bundi