Reviews for pretender
EmptySurface chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
This was painfully -agonizingly- beautiful.

I can clearly picture Itachi as he slowly but surely tears himself apart on the inside while nothing shows on the outside.

Expertly written.
pengooo chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Itachi always makes me cry and this was no different. I just love everything. ;A;
MyMelodyx chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Omg! That was so awesome C:

Itachi is such a sad sad character :'[

He makes Naruto epic.

Great story!
Arishandera chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
Oh this is beautifully written. Raw with emotion, and you managed to aptly display Itachi's pain and regret, and tormented side while making it so very in-character. Such a savagely saddening fic in the best way possible.
Sepsis chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
oh god..

"only, Itachi is not glad and he is not proud and the best he can describe it as is sickened, horrified, so, so mad at himself for doing this to the one person left in his world. he thinks that he is nothing more than scum, because Sasuke – who should have been happy, who should have been loved, who's soul should have been free of bloody handprints, Sasuke "

This is so perfect and so sad and.. just wow.. :,(
Knight-Dawn chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
Awwww... This is so heartbreaking.

I think you've caught Itachi's character perfectly. He tries so hard to be cold and ruthless and definitely keeps his wits about him in a pinch...

But deep down, he must've felt sick to his stomach. He was too kind and caring and loving at heart to NOT feel that way.

Good job, this story really tugged at my heart.

Aristocrate chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
Even if Sasuke's my fav character,Itachi is the most amazing and original and whatever...his person just hints you.

Really,the Uchihas brothers story,for me,is tragic,but I like it..maybe ,ore than the story about Sasuke and Naruto's friendship.

But if to think,if there weren't the massacre, Itachi's words that were killing his brother,Sasuke could be a kind boy like naruto.

Ya,and then the anime wouldn't make sense.x)

You're an amazing author,good luck.
wine.and.sun chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
The last line simply blew me away. You deserve a hundred more reviews for a story this perfect.
nipnag chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
this is 3 and you captured itachi perfectly
Seriously Yours chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
That was beautiful. Can't really do Itachi more justice than that :)
Shubhs chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
You made me cry!I lovelovelovelovelovelove it!There is NO telling you which part I liked best since I LOVED the whole thing!T_T

Miko-chan chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
Mrie, what I love about your style is you intricately weave these words, show the characters I love with great empathy and respect then you move us so drastically it lingers in the readers mind for a long time.

And Itachi is one of the most beloved characters in the series, I love how you portrayed him here. Love your introspective, and oh..I just, just feel for him.

Do not stop writing, marie. Please~
TekJounin chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
It's nice to see someone attempt to examine the man behind the myth. I'll agree with others that Itachi had one of the more tragic and complicated roles in the series and that his sacrifices will remain mostly unacknowledged.

I always liked his character and never believed he was pure evil, as we were meant to do. The actual evidence (outside of the massacre) just weren't there and I suspected the clan had more to do with his actions than we were told. As disappointed as I was at his death, having his story told was justification for my faith in him. :)
PureWaterLily chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
I like freestyle writings, and really the more chaotic and freeflowing, the better (for these kinds of stories). And parenthesis are fun!

Anyways, I know exactly how you feel yo. Some best works are a result of procrastination and btw, this is a very interesting oneshot.

I love reading about the inner minds of Itachi (gah, such a dark and empty aura surrounds him *worships) and I think you captured him quite well in this one.

Good jobs to you! (favs)
kyome-kitty chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
This is really really really cool. It /is/ Itachi, nothing else to it. A-W-E-S-O-M-E