Reviews for Prey
LadyIce5 chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
I absolutely loved the first version of Prey. I even recommended it on a fan website. Now your making a newer and better version? I can't wait to read it to see how your writing has been improved(for lack of a better word). Thanks LadyIce5
kissyfur chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
With the lack of updates for the WIPs I am currently reading, I thought I would come and re-read an old favorite-only to find it gone! So, you're re-writing it?

I have to admit to being both excited and terrified at the thought.

Another of my favorite stories is in the process of being rewritten, and in my opinion is not nearly as strong in the re-write as it was originally-hence the terror I feel at finding out that "Prey" is also going to be rewritten. However, I very much enjoyed "Ride", and as much as I love this story, I can see how you have grown and improved as a writer since posting it. I will definitely put your other FFN ID on author alert, and anxiously await the new (and improved?) version of "Prey" when you are ready to start re-posting it.
thepinktabby chapter 26 . 9/13/2011
Oh.. Wow. Just... wow. Honestly. this almost is confusing but at the same time I understand it. I feel for both of them because yea love is confusing especially when all the external forces come upon the both of them. I loved it! I thought it was brilliant.

Thanks for the story. ;)
Tsuruga-Ryuuki chapter 26 . 9/12/2011
:) its awesome! (:
cbcullen7 chapter 26 . 8/15/2011
I stumbled upon this story today and read obsessively until I completed it. It is amazing. I loved your Darkward and Bella, their characters were great. It said on the last chapter that there will be an epi, is there going to be one? I really hope so! Thanks for sharing this with all of us.
ladychrysanthemum chapter 26 . 8/12/2011
I liked this story. It was very original. I have to admit I could be a bit antsy and maybe even lost during parts of it, but I understood how everything came together in the end.

If you decided to re-write or expand this story, I liked all the elements you put in it, but I would possibly draw out the emotional element descriptively rather than explaining it, as in the small ways the reader would read Edward as being more tender even though Bella was clueless (making it more of an emotional story than plot story), or to somehow make Bella's human/vampire antagonism as the more obvious source of Edward-Bella's conflict. That wasn't really clear to me because it was really only mentioned once (ie Bella sees Edward as the attacker she never wanted, but by the middle of the story, that view didn't seem as important.) There were underlying assumptions that were hinted at but I didn't understand their importance as drivers to the story. There were other details that didn't become clear to me as a reader so that I could understand ExB's relationship, like the fact that vampire mating is supposed to be more violent, and Edward expected an equal mate to be a predator. I kept expecting SOME tenderness, but I didn't realize that some of their antagonism came from vampire-mating while the other came from their conflict human-vampire natures. I know Edward mentioned it, but it wasn't until their last mating that I really got the whole Edward sees Bella as a weak girl, and yet Bella is really a strong girl to go through everything Edward makes her go through with his stupid mistakes.

As the story was written, though, plotting-wise and explanation for character differences between your world and canon was complete. Just more barebones than I expected and would normally require a second reading. But on the other hand, maybe someone else would call that tight writing. It just took me a while to get your view as the author until, really, chapter 25. Everything became clear to me, but boy, was that hard to kind of suspend until I got there. I'm so glad I didn't have to read this story as a WIP!

Anyway, thank you very much for this story. I enjoyed it very much, and the chance to inhabit the mind of your world for a while. Your thinking on tactics and the complex world of vampire-human-werewolf relations was awesome. So where's the Epilogue, girl?
ArodLoverus2001 chapter 26 . 8/12/2011
Awesome story! love your writing style, keep up the great work.
ladychrysanthemum chapter 20 . 8/12/2011
I know you've already written this story, so there's kinda no point, but let me say that Edward is a real jerk! I know, I know. This is dark Edward. But I really hate how bad he is!

I don't hate him to the point where I'm going to stop reading this (I'm not that kind of reader), but I'm just saying...cringe-worthy! Like, how stupid can you be to not know that honey and sweetness smooths the way better than force, especially when it comes to sex? Please please please I hope that Edward has some kind of redeeming quality, even as a complex character. I mean, sympathy in villains, main characters, etc is important, right?

Sorry, about that. I'll continue. Thanks!
Fullofpassion09 chapter 26 . 8/1/2011
So different from most stories... I really enjoyed it and it was a refreshig take.
GaijinVamp chapter 26 . 7/21/2011
Very seductive interesting story. I think that she is turned at the end and they both recover. I hope that is the way it is.

Thank you.
Ellie Aluinn chapter 26 . 7/17/2011
Please pardon my ignorance but, did Edward and Bella die?
cbzoo chapter 26 . 7/8/2011
I am a little unclear did he turn her and he will heal?
cbzoo chapter 22 . 7/8/2011