Reviews for Shawn Gets Himself Kidnapped
FlamingPanda9 chapter 4 . 3/10/2009
ah man! the suspense is killing me! this is so good! plz update!
criminally charmed chapter 4 . 3/4/2009
Oh, poor Shawn...all those boo-boos that need kissed better. (waves hand wildly to volunteer)

And poor Henry. Nothing is worse than being unable to protect your child, of any age.
majorbookluver chapter 4 . 3/3/2009
poor shawn. You did a good job of making this guy kind of creepy, one second he's nice, the next he gets angry. anyway, please update soon!
Freak-of-the-night21 chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
Please Please Please finish the story?
Hedgi chapter 4 . 3/2/2009
i have nothing to say- let my face say it for me( bug eyes, fish moth, hands pleading for more...)

i mean it, this is like, thrilling.

please no more hurt shawn?

' great, i can't even talk right'

smiles and stars

-/hNA
ShadowWolfDagger chapter 4 . 3/2/2009
Awesome update like always please update it soon _

Tala
maya2 chapter 3 . 2/21/2009
Great story so far. I hope you plan on continuing. Thanks for sharing.
smarterthanyouraveragetoddler chapter 3 . 2/21/2009
I actually love this story and I always thought that because of how many cases Shawn has solved that he would eventually be kidnapped it makes sense and I like how you put in a side of Shawn worrying over the case he's really dedicated and ofcourse and I loved how you put Henry screaming about it anyway please update :)
Radon65 chapter 3 . 2/19/2009
This to me is getting funnier more than angsty. You're starting to get into Shawn's head better. The description of Peter (and his name) was useful and hilarious and I really like 'cue the Twilight Zone theme.' Shawn's babbling was also funny and his realization that Peter didn't like being teased - oops. The one creepy moment was when Riley screamed.

The stuff with the others was pretty decent - I'm surprised Henry is more ticked than worried, but it's not unbelievable knowing him.
Radon65 chapter 2 . 2/19/2009
The kid's cuteness might have been a little overdone, but it was so funny and even Shawn noticed that it was weird - instead of just accepting it like characters sometimes do even though the reader is screaming at them - that it worked. And the spacing was a little overboard - I think a little condensation of the first bit while still keeping good spacing tactics would be an improvement. Spacing can often be very powerful if used correctly. For instance, having 'Shawn's bike was parked out front' on a line alone would give it more weight, and it would stand out even more if the rest of the lines were less spread apart.

I like how you spent a few sentences on describing Riley. It also made me laugh when Shawn woke up and said 'Great.' The last paragraph was also nice.
Radon65 chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
This is an okay opening. I think the work would benefit from a little more description. The first part was difficult for me to visualize. The show is pretty light-hearted most of the time, and though angst is very workable with Psych, sometimes it has to be dealt with delicately to provide the right feel. A lot of your sentences in the opening sequence are simple and it feels rather bare to me. Shawn doesn't often agonize all night over a case on the show, so I think a deeper work-up on the explanation, description, and emotion would make this feel much more realistic. I do like the sentence where Gus thinks about how putting a hand on Shawn's shoulder would mean you were a sap - at least in such a comforting manner. That starts to delve a little deeper for me into the emotional factor - it doesn't just state how the characters feel, it gives a comparison to how this is different from normal that enhances the understanding of how the characters feel. It's a bit more... subtle, if that makes sense.

I like the second section better. Probably because it has an excited feel - you don't need as much description on excitement to get the point across and it's especially not something that needs to be labored on with Shawn since he bounces around frequently. I like Shawn's thought about 'who knew that a nap would lead him to solving this case?' and how maybe Gus had. It's cute, and again it gets into Shawn's head better than the more simple stuff.

The third section is also better. There's a little more work on Shawn mentally kicking himself and thinking about Gus and it's a good technique to keep the reader in the dark about how Shawn solved it. Shawn getting knocked out would probably benefit from a few more sentences - it's over rather quickly - but it's pretty good.

This is an okay start. I'm interested to read more and I'd like to see it developed. I hope this review is useful to you, and not just annoying.
Hedgi chapter 3 . 2/18/2009
i can tottaly see Henry siting in Vick's chair.. and the twilight zone cue was a nice touch. the randomness was fine by me-heck, i'm random most of the time( and there i go on another tangent) anyhoo, great chapter, love it, love Riley, and update soon.. Gus isn't the only one who imagination can sometimes be evil and slightly morbid!
ShadowWolfDagger chapter 3 . 2/18/2009
Awesome update once again can't wait for more please update soon _

Tala
criminally charmed chapter 3 . 2/18/2009
Leave it to Henry to get mad at Shawn for getting himself kidnapped and tortured. I highly doubt Shawn woke up and said, "Huh, America's Top Model isn't on tonight, so I should get kidnapped and beat up."

Then again, knowing Shawn, he might have.
sweet-haze chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
nice...

Aw whata cute girl...xD...want to read more!

so please update :D