Reviews for A Very Mass Effect Valentine's Day
FloridaMagpie chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Given the evidence, I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with your claim that you're "not good at writing lovey-dovey stuff. I thought that was terrific.
Hawkehunt chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
Wow. That was almost as bad as some of my attempts at being romantic. Well done.
ThatLoneWolf chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
good stuff bro

nice and funny story :)
Guardian54 chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Would like to ask, when was the Cain (nuke launcher) invented? Because I thought that that might actually have been a funnier present.

Then again it slurps ammo like mad so... never mind.
fullhans1 chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Nice story.
Ledilettant chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
"Can I have this gift-wrapped?" i can imagine the turian face
Noobbody chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
That was actually an excellent story to be honest. Both Shep and Ashley are portrayed just as we know them from the game itself. I think even the sister is spot on in her dialogue. Really liked the story.

Its also a nice change from the stories which concentrate on fighting and saving the galaxy. *thumbs up*
lazyguy90 chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
Haha... Oh very good. Nice work on this. I totally agree, not enough Male Shepard/Ashley stories. Hope you write up some more. Keep at it.
Liesie chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
Sweet story. After the waitress invited Shepard to see her tats, I had to briefly stop reading in order to indulge in a mini-daydream of Shepard and Ash exacting revenge upon her. "This is my girlfriend." He hands Ash the wrapped package. She opens it and smiles. "This is the assault rifle I got her for Valentine's Day." She levels it with the waitress's head. "And these are the last five minutes of your life." XD

Don't blame me! I'm a victim of society. And the caffeine in the orange pop that I've been nursing since beginning the story.
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
loved this fic, absolutely hilarious. You had Ash dead to rights on the jealous (like towards Liara in the game), the hot-headedness, and of course the hilarity of the part that starts with ""You must think I'm some kind of high maintenance chick..." she trailed off, waiting for a response. Her only response was silence."

Also, great work on capturing the peculiarity and irrationality of the female mind. She hates Valentine's, but then immediately falls back on the stereotype of the day to use it for her backup.

Woman (in general) thy name is fickleness and constant changing of moods and opinions.

Fantastic story!
swartzvald chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
very nice, i agree that there isn't enough shep/williams, of the thee choices she was the most fun to sleep with.
AblatedCrayon chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
This was great! It wasn't just romance, but pitch-perfect humor to boot! I envy people who can write humor well.

While an assault rifle seems a little tongue-in-cheek when it comes to Valentine's Day, I will agree it perfectly reflects Ashley's strong soldiering side.

I also agree with your end comment, Valentine's Day is overrated, and telling them every day is far better.

Great fic!

AblatedCrayon
Starkiller Jedi Knight chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
this story was awesome, good job
Meiza chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
ROFL! This is great! XD! I loved the part where Shepard was getting advice from Sarah. He's just so...so...*disbelieving* it's funny. Not to mention, *high grade weaponry*? That's just too awesome.

The whole one shot is peppered with such great one liners. The "apologies to so-and-so" were great touches too.

BTW, I love the description of Ashely as she's firing more rounds into Sarens corpse than was "strictly necessary." (LOL) Gung ho female characters are just so much fun, aren't they? :)

"Can I have this gift-wrapped?" Betcha the requisition officer doesn't get asked that one too often. :D

This is so sweet, and bizarre. Instant fave! :)
Ioik chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
Fantastic!

I had to stop and have a good loud laugh for the turian C-Sec requisitions officers part in the story. Nice to see a not over the top cheesy romance garbage. I get real sick on that stuff like too many marshmallows. Nicely executed Valentines fic.