Reviews for Butterfly
Fall Rider chapter 1 . 1/15
"Bobby called me a butterfly." "Bastard." Ahahaha! Love it.
Fireena chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
I can see that little bit there playing out perfectly.

"Bobby called me a butterfly"
"Bastard."
zekeschance chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
This just brought the tears. So insightful and heartfelt.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
I still can't help but think JOhn was too hard on Sam because he didn't want him to give up hunting for college.
Jade Taylor chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
"Bobby called me a butterfly."

"Bastard."

After the raw emotion of the rest of it, I couldn't help laughing til I cried with that. I love Bobby.
Stupid Shiny Twilight Fan chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
I liked how you explained why John kicked Sam out, and I liked that it was Bobby comforting Sam. Although Dean is Sam's brother, Bobby has a different insight on John and would tell it straight to Sam not just tell him what Sam wanted to hear.

My favourite part:

“Bobby called me a butterfly.”

“Bastard.” xD
Angel's Rest chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
This reads so true. How many people lose someone without ever making things right with them? How many people die without ever letting the ones they love know how they feel about them? How many sons and fathers can't stop butting heads long enough to just be family? So I can see Sam feeling the way he does in this story. I can see him questioning his father's love.

I love that it's Bobby who gives Sam what he needs here. I can even see Sam believing him in this situation more easily than he'd believe Dean. Dean's his brother. He loves him. He might just say what he thinks Sam wants to hear. Or so Sam might think. So I think Clair made a great choice here in letting Bobby be the one to set Sam straight.

Good job!
SaradocCraver101 chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
I love it. _
achillies-eel chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
I always did hate that Sammy and John never made up before he died. That really ate me up.

I didn't expect Bobby to be the one to comfort him, but it just fit somehow. :)

Ha, a butterfly! "Bobby called me a butterfly" - hilarius!

Loved it!
DangerousDiamondDarling chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
“Bobby called me a butterfly.”

“Bastard.” Lol that was awesome XD

Great job XD
amyblair chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
'I wasn't gonna cry. I wasn't gonna cry for somebody who wouldn't have cried for me.'

Well, I've felt that way before. Really a fantastic line.

I dig that you wrote this for Sam and Bobby. I think we all feel the connection with Bobby and Dean and Sam still gets lost in there somewhere. Still. This was a nice pice of your version of their history that works - and works well.

I also enjoyed the end with Sam and Dean having a quick talk and Dean telling Sam to 'flap those wings' and the book that got thrown across the room at him in response.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
What an awesome story!

I loved Bobby's explanation on why John reacted the way he did when Sam left for college. So many writers make John out to be an awful father and they forget he did love his boys.

I also have to thank you for using Kripke's college timeline for Sam, he left for college at nineteen.

I had to smile at the end when Sam told Dean about being called a butterfly and loved that Dean tried to reassure Sam that, yes, their dad loved him too and John knew Sam returned the love.

I just realized I used love a lot in this thank you. LOL.

Really, it is a wonderful story.

Thanks again for sharing your stories with us.
irishgirl9 chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
I love this story! I love, love, love it. By the way, did I mention that I love this story? John Winchester is a fave of mine and I hate that in some fan fics he's portrayed as a total bastard. I think your story gets across that he did love Sam and wanted him to be safe. I really felt for Sam in ELAC when he said he thought his died thinking he hated him. I liked Bobby's butterfly analogy. It fits Sam and John's relationship. Your story also makes me think of a baby bird who's pushed out of the nest, by the parent, so they can fly away. I love Dean's words at the end. He always knows what Sam needs to hear and he's right in what he said. Amazing job with this. Brilliant story!
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Oh this was really wonderful. I loved the comparison with a butterfly. How awesome of Bobby to tell Sam all this, so he finally could understand how much his dad really love him. I liked the little Dean/Sam banter in the end, really cute. Hugs, Vonnie
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
OK LOVED that so much. So so much my heart is splitting.