Reviews for Five Birthdays Hino Rei Wished She Could Forget
Gemna chapter 1 . 10/4/2014
Guh, rereading this from the start. My eyes are just leaking a bit, that's all. No tears to see here. I'm lying. My heart hurts now.
I am the Queen of Fire chapter 6 . 7/9/2014
Very sweet! You write beautifully.
I loved every piece, especially the last one - for obvious reasons.
Thanks for sharing!
Zero is a Girl's Name chapter 6 . 9/2/2013
Great fic! I'm surprised at the lack of reviews. It was well-written and pretty gut-wrenching. The ending was sweet, although I hoped for more closure.
LL chapter 6 . 3/10/2012
Wow...honest to goodness BEST ReixMinako fic I've read in a VERY long time. I loved this, love love loved it! You're writing is so beautiful, simplistic and yet so detailed to make for very enrapturing reading! And your ending-short and sweet and so painful Rei it made me 'eee!' out loud! Wonderful job; I hope to see more Sailor Moon stories from you in the future!
elsie chapter 6 . 7/31/2011
it was very sweet. well done. thank you and keep writing!
JBebe chapter 6 . 6/29/2011
Awww I just want to pat Rei's head and give her a big hug-those were some sad birthdays. Loved the backstory and the details to her childhood, and of course the surprise party Minako threw her. Very much enjoyed this piece.
Gemna chapter 6 . 11/5/2010
I can't believe I've reread this as many times as I have, but I have yet to leave a review!

I really loved this fic a lot-the last chapter especially, for obvious reasons... the party, the sweet interaction between Rei and Minako, the reactions of their friends... overall a delight!
sailor-ice chapter 6 . 10/20/2010
Sigh rei sure has had a tough time. The background stories were great and very flowing and believe able. Even though he was there for her alot rei did pick up a lot from her father. I loved the ending it was happy sad and so caring. Great job usually at the end I stil want more but ur story is perfectly resolved
Khmyh chapter 6 . 8/1/2010
Lovely story. Great characterization and back story as well, but most of all, I enjoy the ending(of course ;))

Sorry I didn't review earlier, didn't have an account before even though I read this stories long ago.
Insane Onna chapter 6 . 7/28/2010
I admit that seeing PGSM in your summary was the main reason I was propelled to click this fic :)) (The sheer rarity of fiction for that series has prompted me to click all and sundry.)

But, (yes, there is a but here) it's really nice! I mean, the characterizations are spot-on, their interactions are believable. Especially how you managed to NOT rush the story so the reader is left satisfied that the author did NOT pull a sudden nosedive in quality. Though most of all, I loved how you managed to weave a backstory for the characters that seamlessly joins into the original storyline (and a well-researched background too :) )

Er, I checked and saw that your last review was 2009? I hope this would cheer you up (since I didn't plan on leaving a review, shy person that I am :) )
xoxoPAUxoxo chapter 6 . 12/10/2009
I have to admit that I wasn't a Rei/Minako fan, but then I saw the live action and now I am hook on the ship, what can I say.

Rei is, by far, my favorite character, and is so hard to find fanfics that describe her. Your characterization of her is truly flawless, you were able to give us a glimpse into the mind of Hino Rei.

Amazing story, thank you so much for sharing.

PS. Don't be discourage with the lack of reviews, sometimes people are lazy or truly forget to review.
Jedi Caro chapter 6 . 5/10/2009
cute, love it!
Anon chapter 6 . 4/22/2009

The last chapter had Rei getting her cake!

The plotting of this chapter was nice. It flowed well to the end, so the reader was carried along with the emotion.
1010'jin chapter 6 . 4/8/2009
I rather like how Yuichiro was more of a brother figure than an adoring fan of Rei's-he lent her strength until Minako came along as her stable pillar of support. I am also loving the mix in of PGSM. The live action was incredibly cheesy and I cringed and laughed at a lot of it, but for some reason I was insanely fascinated with it. For reasons beyond me, it's one of my favorite shows, so...thank you for giving it justice. :D
V chapter 5 . 2/18/2009
Just read the fic, and I liked it a lot. ;D

There are a few... mistakes(?) that don't seem to really fit though. First thing is the 1994 chapter, where you had the boy appear in what seems to be the courtyard of Rei's school. It's not exactly clear in PGSM as to what school Rei is attending, but manga puts it as a Girl's School, so it'd be hard to find a boy there.

Second, in the 2005 chapter, you used "alabaster marble". Alabaster and marble are two different materials, so a better fit for the line would be "ragged pieces of alabaster and marble".

You also described Minako's arm as being "sliced clean through", which made me think she lost her entire arm, but then it just turned out be more like a broken/dislocated arm with cuts, which doesn't quite fit in with the description.

Sorry for all the nit-picking, but I think it can improve the fic to be a smoother read.

That said, I did immensely enjoy the read, and I think you pulled off the mix between angst and fluff really well.

Thanks for writing! :D