Reviews for Ryoku
sweetpeatea chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
awww this is really cute. poor mikey i would feel horrible if i was his age and forgot the numbers. he did so good that i was proud of him even if splinter doesnt really show it.
RenaRoo chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
Alright, so I'm writing this review so very sure that I will not be saying a single thing you have not already heard and go ahead and apologize for that. I know how annoying it is to not get any new feedback on a story time after time. In any case, I will try.

As we talked on AIM, you really don't see much "chibi angst" in fanfics and, even more so, don't see them well portrayed. Not many people can really look at a child and understand the hurt or anguish of a childhood mind. It means a lot to me as someone who loves to see something unique and well thought out to see someone show that children have more than the smiling facade that so many people use solely (including myself sadly).

Another part of this one-shot that I enjoyed was that you portrayed something else that was not overdone as it too often is in chibi angst, and that's childhood resilience in a learning setting. I know for myself that there was nothing more fearful than being in front of a class and not knowing the answer. A child can overcome this tragic fate with encouragement but the fear of that moment and the feeling of inadequacy don't every really leave that easily.

Alright, that sad fest is over, now for the family/comfort portion of the story. What can one say about a chibi fic and its necessary cuteness? It's there and expected but always much enjoyed. I won't concentrate too much on it, so many others have I'm sure, but I will sum it up with the greatest cuteness line in the fic:

"Six? That's how many fingers I got. Nuts!"

Oh, man. That had me grinning like a doofus. It was too good.

Once again, it was a great story, definately a good read, and certainly something I haven't read often.

Turtlefreak121
caylender chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Now this is a touching chibi fic! I actually teared up when Mikey starts to cry while he wa doing the push-ups!

Cool concept!
Nineteenth Souljah chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Yeah, they'll always be a time when writer's block strikes you and while you're stuck in that phase, it makes you feel like there's something wrong with what you've written or it just isn't good enough...or you just can't find the creative energy to work on it...I truly understand.

Despite that block, you've still managed to produce something wonderful. :)

I'd agree good Chibi fics are sparse...but you've pulled it off with this one. Characterisations are nicely-written, without overdoing the chibi cuteness. I like it. :)

Thanks much for sharing!
Winged Monkey chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Hi! How've you been? Computer crashes suck, megatime. Glad you're back, though.

Hmm..interesting little fic. Overall, it was cute, but I must say that the last paragraph didn't really seem to go with the rest. Other than that, well done :)
Krayla Pipher chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Wonderful! Simply wonderful! So much meaning and emotion. I love it! Keep up the great work!
Kallasilya chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
This sentence so much love!

"He wished he could blunt the blade held by man, bend the world to spare them."

Gah, it's perfect. Poetry, rhythm, everything. Not that the rest of the story wasn't great, too! But that bit just shone out at me. :)
Legendary Chimera chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Awe. Splinter just can't fight his soft side when it comes to Mikey.
Paranoidman chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Alright now for the collective "aw".

I think that you captured the aspects of Splinter well. How he can be tough and stern as "Sensei" and yet still be the kind and gentle "Daddy".
Kameko Sakka chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
i think that this fic was cute! GO MIKEY! hehe i am glad that mike completed that he did a great job from my view point.

once again loved it!
shadewatcher chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
m, very sweet. Poor Splinter, the lessons a parent teaches are the most important but also the most difficult. _ nice fic.
Tauni chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
DAWH! I was smiling and felt bad for poor Chibi Mikey cause it was So freaking cute and very in-character. With someone like Mike, ADHD and all, I could easily see him having troubles learning things such as this. I loved his whole "Thats more then I have fingers, NUTS!" and I lol's and you know how I dont really laugh out louds while readin' stuffs on the internet (Why I cant do the same for crying, I will never know)

Very adorable, spot on, GOOD CHIBI FIC! (And you know yourself how hard those are to find v.v) Hopefully this means that you'll try another some day
Pink Cloud Assembly chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
When I was reading this over the first time, I got so excited because Mikey was counting in Japanese. I have no idea why, but that made me squeal with delight.

And like we were talking in AIM, I love the fact that you did explore their personalities and such.

"Six? That's how many fingers I got! Nuts!"

And when Raph gives him the thumbs up.

This is your first chibi fic, isn't it? At least, the only one you've posted. Anyway, it's cute, well written, etc etc. AS USUAL. Gosh.

Actually, I'd like to see you write more of these... Maybe if you stay in writers-block-world, you might, hum?

Oodles of love,