Reviews for Dead or Never Alive
mangagirl18 chapter 14 . 3/29/2011
I was afraid this story had been continued. I should warn you though, that the title changes may have contributed greatly to the drop in readers. If you, as I, have subribed to many different authors, you'll know that a message pops up up for every chapter of of every story that they post. I f a title doesn't ring a bell and I'm not in the mood to start something new, I sometimes just delte the alert right off without even opening it to check the summary. So you might wannna be careful with that in the future.

Anyway as for the story, well it's getting pretty interresting. I look forward to learning the identity of Ginny's mysterious friend, and the banters between Ginny and Snape are always entertaining. I loved how she talked back to Umbridge and most of the descriptions were vivid and so sucked me into the story.

However as for reviews let me just warn you up front that many readers get pissed off when people beg for reviews, and depending on the way it's done, some might even deliberately refrain from reviewing when they otherwise might have done so, or drop the story all together.

I however do tend to try to leave a review on every story update that I like, but, even I get slightly annoyed at some of your complaints from previous chapter whcih I just recently caught up on. This chapter was nice in that area though, you merely thanked your previous reviewers and told of your apreciation for them.

Do that every chapter, and a lot more people will likely be inclined to review, unless they read several chapters in a row and came across your previous string of notes. You might wanna remove those, I actually think it'd increase the potential of reviews from new readers.

Also once you get back into the flow of updates, and people remember this fic exists, then reviews will automatically start coming in again. Also 55 reviews is pretty nice going for 14 chapters, congrats on that.

The story itself is as I said interresting, and pretty well written, though as you pointed out yourself in later chapters the beginning is pretty ooc for Ginny. I was thining maybe you could alter it slightly so that the old woman who puts Ginny is position is actually a death eater who after listening to Ginny for a while, somehow coaxes her into making the wish wit an imperio or something.

For the rest of the story she's pretty in character and her witty remarks are always enjoyable. I alos like the scene with Luna either in this chapter or a few back, since this review is basically for a whole bunch of chapters that I just caught up on.

Anyway I hope to an update soon. Take care and have a great week.
TheTimeTraveler chapter 14 . 3/29/2011
Wow! This is great! I can't wait to see what happens next!
Ai-chan chapter 14 . 1/18/2011
Wow! Great fic! I can't wait to see what happens next!
Bec chapter 13 . 1/8/2011
I read the review about 'done'. Personally, I would not notice that because I am more interested in the context of the chapter. I really like your characterisation of Luna. It is interesting how some people seem to either know or experienced more then they should - Do they know more about the actual world or not?
Bec chapter 11 . 1/8/2011
I always loved the Peeves and McGonagall scene in OOTP!
Bec chapter 10 . 1/8/2011
Interesting story so far, it can be a bit confusing though...
HPFanFicLuvr chapter 14 . 1/4/2011
I really like this story idea. It is an original and brilliant idea. I'm very bad at reviewing regularly. So although I'm here, I can't always say I'll be reviewing every chapter. I keep track of (read) over 60 fanfictions and have been reading fanfics for 8 years (yeah, no life). But I do want you to know that I am here and I'd love for you to continue on.

As far as why the low review count, I think, perhaps, the first bit with the weird wish lady has a bit to do with it. I found, reading that bit was very off-putting and I nearly stopped reading, but I made myself keep reading to see if the story improved, and it has.

Since I've read through perhaps thousands of fan fics, I know to give a story a few chapters. I would suggest posting, at the beginning of chapter 1 that it starts off rough and really bizarre, but that it levels out and becomes awesome after. I know if I see AN's like that, I'll usually go with it and not be disappointed.

I do wish you luck on your writings, because I really like the idea/plotline of this story. And I hope I didn't offend or anything, I'm just trying to look at it from a point of view of someone who would stop reading/not review.
Kathryn chapter 14 . 1/3/2011
"He hadn't been randomly placed in all of her classes; he'd been planted there. She'd been placed in his.

He was a spy."

DAAAAAAMN. JUST WHEN IT WENT FROM AMAZING TO AMAZING AND INCREDIBLY HOOKING, IT ENDS. I need more chapters to read!

There's still sort of this mystery of who Harry is (although fingers crossed he's the actual Harry Potter), and as of this chapter, why she was kept alive and why these magical devices don't work on her. It's getting so interesting that I just need to read more! How is she going to reverse the wish? Or is she going to defeat Voldemort herself? I recall someone - was it Snape? - calling her the girl who lived at some point.

I really can't wait to find out more. This story is amazing, keep up the good work. :)
Flirty.Peony.and.Waterlily chapter 14 . 1/2/2011
Hello!

Let me just say you have blown me away.

I. Love. It.

The story is different & unique, like nothing I have ever seen before.

Your plot is so intune with the orignial Potter stories, just spinned it up a bit to make it sparkle.

I can't list all the things I adore because I will be here all night.

Just keep continuing and don't give up when people aren't reviewing, because I will try too.

-Flirty P.
Killing Aphrodite chapter 14 . 1/2/2011
I absolutly LOVE this fic. It's really well written and you have such a great plot. I can't help but kind of like Snape in this, and I think 'Harry' is a brilliant character, even thought I have no idea who he is, but I kind of hope he isthe real Harry!

Can't wait to find out what happens next, so, please update soon!
spike4561 chapter 14 . 1/2/2011
wow I'm kinda scared about the chips in heads and wanting to take eyes.

this is a very well written story
whispered touches chapter 14 . 1/2/2011
I swear, if you abandon this story, I am going to curse you to the Bermuda Triangle and not back again, because THIS. IS. AWESOME. Seriously. It has a great, interesting, NEW plot, your writing itself is fantastic - wow.

I love your Ginny; she seems very much like how Ginny would be at Hogwarts during DH, and, though to a much greater extent, this is almost the same thing. Luna, as she always is, is an amazing addition and you have her description down perfectly. Ron's... honestly, not how I like him to be, but I can see how this characterization of him fits into the story. The whole story of Ginny's life in the alternate universe FITS, fits so well it's kind of ridiculous. The mysterious "Harry" is driving me up the wall because I can't for the life of me figure out who he is - I want to say Neville, but he really only became as awesome as he did in DH because of Harry, so... I always have to love the addition of McGonagall - SO glad you kept the, "It unscrews the other way," from OotP. Win.

Please tell me the Evanna for Luna was intended. Please. Also, I just about died laughing when I read, "Is okay good?" Go AVPM!

Oh, yeah, I liked Snape too. Very in-character, and the Lily bit made me sad... OHMYGOD I forgot about the diary until now. I swear on my life, as soon as I realized what it was, I yelled, out loud, "GINNY, GET THAT THING AWAY FROM YOU!" Oh, and Umbridge (I'm forgetting a lot of things, aren't I?)... "short woman" and I knew who it was. And I almost wanted to kill you for that. Hate her. I did love "Harry's" slip of the tongue, though - "Umbi-" Would you like to finish that sentence? ;D

Anywho, way-too-long reviews and the Bermuda Triangle aside, this really is amazing. I, personally, think it would be a shame to put this on ANOTHER hiatus. Just know you have at least one person reading for sure, even if I don't always review because I'm in a crappy mood or something like that. :P

Happy writings!

~whispered touches
Pray for me. Pray chapter 14 . 1/1/2011
I doubt that Voldemort would bear to use Muggle technology. Actually I don't think Muggle techonology works in Hogwarts, but I can't remember where I dug this piece of info from so...even if they don't work in canon Hogwarts, I suppose the Death Eaters might have changed things in your Hogwarts. And I hope you're done with title-changing! :P
amcr3 chapter 13 . 12/30/2010
love your story please keep updating it. I love your very original and unique plot. Harry has to to be Harry Potter right? Becuz like "harry" said in this world he technically doesnt exsist. Hes just a wandering body fighting a resistance. BTW i was wondering when Ginny would talk to her Ron again since she found out hes alive and willing to bet Harry is working for Snape
Pray for me. Pray chapter 13 . 12/28/2010
Whoop dee doo you updated! Way quicker than I expected :D. I'm not very good at this taking-the-initiative thing, but just to indulge you, I'll volunteer to answer. Each chapter ends with wordplay of the word 'done'. Do I get a brownie point for my reward? (Another update is also accepted)
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »