Reviews for Arrivederci
ChibiTorra chapter 1 . 7/31
I played Vesperia for the first time a couple weeks ago, and just finished it recently. This very topic was instantly one that I was wondering about, and I kind of wish it was explored a little more in the game somehow. You wrote it very well, though, to the point that for a little while I actually believed it happened. I legitimately bawled over this fic, I'm not even exaggerating. Your writing is just so beautiful, keep it up!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
hey just to tell you, the blasia themselves didn't turn into spirits, only the cores. Raven's heart doesn't run on a core. It runs on his life. Converting cores to spirts wouldn't affect him
Adhara.Elric chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
Hi, dear writer,

It's the third time I'm playing the game. Again and again 'cause it's wonderful, all the characters hava a unique personality, and I'm in love with Raven! Thank you for write a fic so cute about him. Same of you, I was wondering what in hell happens to him after the game end ... it's a sad but logical conclusion.

I really like the way you write it, pretty clean and focused. I'm a great fan of video games and anime, and really enjoy read fanfictions. Glad to meet you and your precious work.

SomeoneWhoHasAnAccountButJustCan'tGetTheCellphoneToLogin chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
I understand how you got emotional about this. I remembered my Grandfather's death through this fic. Though he doesn't really have Raven's personality with the ladies, Raven's overall character pretty much sums him up.

The part with Verius is really great, I like how you brought her in this. And her being the (now) Spirit that kept Raven alive is just... symbolic.

Once I manage to log in, this is going straight into my favourites, I just love it. I'm sure Grandfather would too... 'The best way to overcome a bad memory is to embrace it'... right?
Penguin Pop chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
You are an amazing writer. I hope you keep it up!
N66 chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
I don't really believe that he would die because of his blastia heart, as they said before. But man, you made such a great job writing this. I'm afraid i don't have words to say what i feel when i read this, but it's so... Beautiful.

As Linsneakers said before, you're a genius and deserve an award.
sparowe chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
It's not very often that a story moves me to tears. That's some powerful writing. And... for what it's worth, I'm working on a story where Raven didn't die, although his life isn't exactly easy. I'd feel bad for shameless self-promotion, but it's not published here yet and won't be for a long time. Guess that's just me letting you know that you're not the only one who hopes the Old Man is around for a long time to come.
Lupanari chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
This was very sad, but beautifully done. Definitely makes one wonder what happens to Raven's blastia heart after the ending. I mean, from the credits, it looks like he survived perfectly fine, but still. Well, either way, this is a great fic, and I liked it, however sad it was.

Gotta ask, though; who exactly is Casey? It's not the first time I've seen that name in relation to Raven, so I'm just wondering if that's actual info revealed in the game, or is it just fan-created?
Jaredin Snow chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Beautiful! Absolutly beautiful!

I think Raven is a beautiful, multi-layered and intriguing character! One of my favourites in the game!
RaeMina chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
I wish I could say that I hate this fanfic, but I love it. You capture each character beautifully. Your prose is heartrending and honest. You have such bright ideas and you use them with percision. I would read this over and over again if I wouldn't cry everytime I get to the end of it. I liked the reference to Corrine and I agree with leaving the Old Man's epitaph unmentioned as the better choice, though it was a good idea to have used it. I love all of your stuff, so keep it, and lay off the waterworks, okay? For both of our sakes )
Waffles chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
This was very well done. I'm a huge fan of Raven, and you portrayed his Character very well from what you're given in the game. It was very sad to see my favorite character in his last moments, but I'd been thinking that this is how it would end too. I've played Tales of Symphonia( Both I and II ), Although I was slightly confused at the end. Wasn't Corrine originally created to be a summon spirit, not an Entelexia? Eh, it's not too important. Anyway, That was an amazing read. Keep up the good work.
Linsneakers chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
Oh...I have no words, no words at all. You...I always wondered what happened to his blastia as well, but then I made up some crazy theories to go along with other crazy theories of relationships and stuff in the game...

But enough of that.

This is a masterpiece.

This is just so...Words can't...words can't describe.

Listening to Promise from Tales of the Abyss probably didn't help.

I shed a single tear in reading this, and I barely ever am reduced to tears. You've accomplished in making me cry. ;_;

This was beautifully written and my heart itself was like...dying as I read it.

I don't know.

This is just...

You... you are a genius.

I...agh THIS is just.

You deserve an award.

And I need a tissue or something.
anon chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Beautiful. :)

Basically, least from what I've figured out, Raven's blastia runs off of his own personal life force. Life force is called a very powerful form of mana, which is the state that is directly between being aer and material. This is why the heart was so taxing on his body. However, the spirits have the power to not only greatly influence aer, but now also mana, thus according to Raven in his talk with Karol, relaxes the pressure on his heart. I've come to assume that only the cores were removed, while Raven only had a formula to affect the mana of his own life; but even if the 'storage' part like you anticipated (which was clever) was damage, the influence of the spirits would be more than enough to fix it. His life belongs to Brave Vesperia, so I imagine they would keep him alive with a method like this.

I just don't like seeing my Raven dead, sadface.
MoonlitInuko chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
I think everyone has wondered why Raven survived, most people assume that because his didn't run on aer, but I'd like to think something else happened... I'm pretty sure Raven survived to live at least several more years considering the pictures that rolled through the ending credits, though it could also be possible that his life was significantly shortened. I'd like to think he still had plenty good years left in him, it'd be really sad if not since he found a reason to live again.

gah, where's all the RavenxRita stuff coming out from? Its spreading, I swear, Its one of the most popular pairings in the ToV fandom in Japan and its even grabbing some American fans too though most everyone is like "WHY THE HELL DO I LIKE THIS!" It's like, contagious or something... not even romantically, people just seem to like their interaction (as do I, I've developed a slight fondness towards it) its a little heartbreaking to see Rita so upset over Raven and her trying to save him... reminds me of how upset she got when everyone thought Schwann was dead.

Overall, I liked it, it was sad but it had everything I would want from a Raven fic, a feeling of nostalgia and such... it had mentions of Casey which is always good and it showed how much Raven has had an impact on the little entourage. Good emotion, I was pretty upset Raven died...

I found the bit about Verius interesting... partially because I'm a ToS whore and have always thought Belius was based off of Verius (actually, in Japanese, Verius would be pronounced "Be-ri-us", and Belius could be pronounced the same since Japanese don't have "V" and "L" sounds so maybe they acutally HAD the same name in Japanese) but it could also be that there was an entelexia that looked just like Corinne... I'm a little disappointed at how nonchalant Verius would be towards Raven's death being the "spirit of the heart" which implies a spirit that represents love and compassion, but... meh

I can so imagine Yuri writing "here lies the worlds greatest sap" on the tombstone, it'd be so like him to do it for old times sake.

I love it whenever a Raven-related fic pops up, thanks for writing this!
Ultimate Creature chapter 1 . 2/12/2009

Raven didn't die because only the blastia CORES were turned into spirits. Raven didn't have a core because cores allow blastia to convert aer into energy; Raven's blastia runs on his life force, not aer.