Reviews for Close to Home
Ranuel chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
So bittersweet. Peter has much less time to wait than he imagines.
FelipeMarcusThomas chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
I just found this story. Some people might think Peter is in denial about never going back to Narnia. I don't. It's not out of the realm of possibility that, if he had lived to write more Narnia stories, that CS Lewis would have written about Aslan changing his mind. After all, in 2 Kings 20: 1 - 11, God told King Hezekiah that he, the king, was about to die, but relented and gave him an additional 15 years. May not Aslan have relented as well? Just a thought.

Any way, nice story. I've added it to my list of Favourites.
Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
AW! I LOVE the Professor! U That's so sweet!

I love the idea of Pete going to Digory's home to study! U I definitely think he'd be happier there, in a place 'closer to home', as you put it, than in a regular university...even if it was only a break from exams. You know, a periodic visitation for reassurance (for both of them, really). _ Great...a new story idea! XD

Brilliant work! This was so sweet, yet so sad now that Lu and Ed can't go back home! U Rock on! U *U*

Ever-so sincerely signed,

Shizuku Tsukishima749 :D ;D :) ;)
Victoria Alatamir Wan chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
Awesome awesome story! Not sad, for once...:)

T./V.
LunaNigra chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
It's beautiful.

Luna
Autumnia chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
I've no words for this other than that this was lovely. It seemed very peaceful and beautiful for Peter to find home even when he was away from it.
Russet022 chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Aw. You know I always liked the Magician's Nephew, because I read it so long ago...compared to the others. And, you have to wonder, how did Polly and Digory feel about the fact that they never went back either? But I like Peter and Digory bonding over the memories...It kinda answers my question. :)

Russet
SpangleyPony chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Lovely story I can just picture them both sitting there under the tree :)
Miniver chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
This is really wonderful: richly detailed, both elegiac and hopeful. I was so conscious of Peter's character, both the English student and the Narnian King. I love the camaraderie you created between Peter and the Professor. A wonderful touch: Peter's wish help Edmund and Lucy through their time of loss, and to protect them as he always had done as High King. Though I know that Lewis had said (in Dawn Treader) that the Professor lived in a much smaller house that summer when he tutored Peter, I think was a great authorial choice for you to set this story in the large old house where the children first entered Narnia. Write on!
Mystiquex chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Beautiful :)

You have an incredible writing style, simple but not too much so, with just the right hint of imagery and such and in the right places. I love how mature you portrayed Peter, but kept a sense of humor in him. The "apples softening the blow" and him always hating to wait were some great touches. I really liked this