Reviews for The Shinigami Alchemist
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 2 . 7/11
Two problems with Ichigo being the squad 5 Captain. Firstly, how did he not lose his powers? If that's because this was written before that, then you may just want to put that this is an AU where he didn't have to use Mugetsu to defeat Aizen, that a few simple, concentrated (as much as Ichigo can in any case) well-timed getsugas did the trick. Not a difficult fix, no matter what you decide to do.

Second, however, is that squad 5 focuses mainly on Kido. Ichigo has such lousy control over his riatsu that Kido isn't really an option for him without some extreme training...like years-long kind of training or extremely experimental. Either way, squad 5 isn't the best fit for him just after the series ended.

Which brings up another thing, Ed and Al came to Europe in Conquer of Shambala during WWI...that's between the middle of 1914 and the end of 1918. If Ichigo has beaten Aizen, that would put this story in the late 2000s, early 2010's. (Meh, don't know how else to say that, but I think you get my point). So...did they time-travel? Or were they just exceptionally old due to the alchemy? Did they find out how to use Alchemy in this world? Lots of questions you could really have some fun with if you wanted to.

Okay, you have some good reasons for Matusmoto and Toshiro to check it out, but why would a Captain be out there anyway? They have enough paperwork and office crap going on that they most likely wouldn't be out patrolling the rukongai...unless it's some new policy, in case there are any lingering arrancar from the War that they're worried about.

I can't see Ed and Al simply going to 'join up' that quickly. They'd want to do research on it and know what they were getting into. I doubt they'd want to sign themselves on as 'dogs of the military' again. They had enough issues the first time around...Ah, you've mentioned that he's just outwardly gung-ho, but holding back to see. Alright then. That's more like them.

Ukitake's head captain, huh? Whatever happened to Yamamoto? Or Shunsui for that matter.
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 1 . 7/11
Firstly, I was wondering why they'd be in the Rukongai if they didn't get sent there. You can explain that some souls move on automatically (and can thus keep their memories) due to the certainty of their own deaths (both Ed and Al would at least have an inkling) or something along those lines (or ignore this if you're going to address it later), however, we have to know or it's a plothole.

Also, Ed's initial reaction to his excess of riatsu would probably be to freak out (well, depending on how old he is, but a younger Ed is far more entertaining imo, and the passage over could have resulted in them reverting to their younger selves-hey, Ed would have a chance to grow tall...he didn't in Shambala, even if he did in the other one . . . ), and then he'd ask Al if he could see that too. Scientific mind would want to rule out hallucinations initially. Or you could have Al freak out and then Ed notice it was going on, but the way you have it right now is so fast that it isn't in character for either of them.

I would like to point out that in Japan, Hitsugaya and Edward are voiced by the same actor, so maybe a few comments on how alike they sound? *snicker* Just saying.

I absolutely LOVED how Ed assumed Hitsugaya was Rangiku's kid, although I was expecting a bit more of a "do I look old enough to be his mother?" kind of thing. Still, that probably isn't a huge thing in the Soul Society, so it isn't something that really bugged me.

Would like to point out that Ed making someone angry after arriving somewhere isn't exactly abnormal...him somehow finding a local leader and ticking him off...well, I guess that isn't abnormal for Ed either, but for most humans, it would be. LOL

All in all, good start. Think it needs a few tweaks, but it's an amusing idea and plausible if they were in Japan at the time (which could also explain the accident...)
katsekala chapter 34 . 2/24
It's a delayed by a year review, but I want you to know I enjoyed reading this story! Many kisses!
Guest chapter 14 . 9/24/2016
go to hell
Guest chapter 7 . 7/3/2016
Good story so far. Though at the beginning it's a bit odd, ed and al seem to be fine with being FRINKIN DEAD! Their just like oh we're dead? Better start training. Never mind winry or mustang let's argue with pople.
Also I don't know if its just me but both ed and al seem out of character.
Lupanari chapter 34 . 5/8/2016
I really enjoyed the story, especially all the character interactions - Ed and Toushirou especially - but this ending is rather weak. There's not much of a resolution, if any. It's just battle - end! For another thing, Tucker is still out there. There's no mention of him being captured at all. I get just wanting to get a story complete, but it is disappointing when it comes off as lackluster, especially so when the rest was really good.
Guest chapter 6 . 3/19/2016
Heh. I half expected it to be Mustang for some reason :)
Meee chapter 6 . 10/31/2015
OMG ALS BETTER THEN EDDD?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Robin Rani chapter 33 . 9/23/2015
Are going to finish this? You have, like, two chapters. I hope you do! This is a great story!
xX Stranger Xx chapter 3 . 7/27/2015
You realize that when the soul society sees potential in people they recruit them through the academy right? Not just personally train em'. And what's Ichigo doing as a captain? That was the last thing he ever wanted.
dragonfox123 chapter 33 . 7/14/2015
Great chapter please update
dragonfox123 chapter 1 . 7/9/2015
Great plot and chapter
sierra.steinbrecher chapter 5 . 6/27/2015
I can't wait to see his Zanpactou!
BlueTengu chapter 28 . 4/12/2015
Does anyone else want to see Hitsugaya kick Mustang's ass?
bethkunoichi chapter 33 . 11/23/2014
Nooooooo! Please update! All that's left is two chapters! I want to know the reason behind it all, and of course i want Ichigo snd Rukia's wedding. Please? Or if you aren't interested i would be to finish it for you. Message me?