Reviews for One Lump or Two
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Hey hunny.

liked that, Sammy makes a good nursemaid! Bev xx
Ash8 chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Aww boys... I do love a bit of schmoop with my h/c (it wasn't too much though! - Just right. :D)

Loved it! I do enjoy an attentive Sam, with a side of bossiness :D

bhoney chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
"'M’okay,' Dean said, offering his biggest and most oft told lie. Okay apparently included everything from ‘I’m getting laid tonight’ to ‘It’s only a flesh wound, Sammy.’" LOL Totally true.

I loved Sam in this, being all calm and reasonable and agreeable, and still getting his way. He knows just how to handle his big brother and I could totally hear him saying this: "'Right, sure,' Sam said, agreeably. 'But here’s the thing. You don’t let me do this and I’ll take you to a clinic and let a doctor do it.'"

I LOVED this. Funny, and undoubtedly true, it was a great image: "The only weapons he had on him were a bucket of ice and a can of soda. He’d had less." I had this image of him turning the ice into a weapon of some sort, and it was cool.

Is this really true: "the theory about tainted rye being a possible factor in the Salem witch accusations"? Is that really a theory? I hadn't heard that. Interesting. Great detail.

And of course I loved the ending: "In the meantime, it was his turn to stand watch." Love the image of Sam standing guard over his brother.

You did a great job on this. And I couldn't tell it was un-betad either.
JKRichards chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
aw. Loved it. We definitely could use some of this on the show. But it has been a great season, even so. Whenever you want to write more hovering Sam and hurt or sick Dean, please go for it. It's great.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
I think we could all use a little bit of schmoop right now, so that was just what the doctor ordered. Ah, what I wouldn't give to play nurse for Dean... (Or Sam for that matter!)
abni chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Oh what a wonderful story girl! Just the right combination of hurt and comfort, and oh the boys clocking each other without meaning too (ouch!)

I absolutely loved the "Stop giving me that squinchy look, Sammy. M'fine" line! :D

Also, I love the realistic way you depict their way of life, both with Sam doing the first aid and with him going to get food and drink at the vending machine.

And I love love love their conversation, how they're snarky even when (or maybe especially when) Dean's hurt, showing that in spite of the hurt, they both really are ok. (We could definitely use some of that this season *sad sigh*)

And *happy sigh* aww Dean being proud of Sam for taking out the two vampires, and Sam, in true Winchester fashion, shooting back with a snarky comment. And that final line, "it was his turn to stand watch" oh how I love that, indicating that Sam knows how many times Dean's been there for him, watching over him, taking care of him.

Thank you so much for writing and sharing this, and for joining in doing this for Muffy!

huge hug,

Liafrombrazil chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're an amazing writer! Great characterization and funny dialogues.

Sam does fuss a bit when Dean's been hurt, but nowadays we miss it so much. And we still need fics like that to make things better.

Thank you for sharing your talent with the world.
PADavis chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Oh, thanks for the C! This was delightful. And what great prompts. I'm going to check you all out on Ungen too and see the banners.

Manavie chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Oh I'm all warm and happy feelings :D

It's a wonderful story :D schmoop level? I didn't mind at all ...LOVED it :D Bossy!Nurse!Sammy (*whispers* I clearly did not say the nurse part!ok Sam) is just awesome ;) (although he did punch Dean)

Thanks a lot for sharing the awesome story with us *hugs* chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Wasn't too schmoopy at all! You had Dean swinging at Sam and Sam punching Dean with the aid of a fizzy drink can! LOL!

Hehe, can imagine Sam cringing when he referred to himself as "Sammy" but guess it was because he was so worried about Dean! And concussed and puking Dean is so adorable, but typical him telling Sam he is okay!

A really enjoyable short fic, full of brotherly moments - thanks, really needed after the way Season 4 is going!
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
that wasn't too schmoopy, I liked it.
deangirl1 chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Loved it! And no worries - there was enough brotherly bashing and snark to offset the schmoop nicely... ;-)
SingleMinded chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
oh yeah, Sammy is bossy sometimes. I can see that. lol
Nana56 chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Great job, sweetie! I know she loved it and I think the schmoop level was perfect, especially for these days. :)

apieceofcake chapter 1 . 2/13/2009