Reviews for They Called Her China Doll
Peridot Tears chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
"I do not forget. I will never forget."

Oh, Hong Kong...

I seriously love that part. That time was the end of an era. The collapse of China, the slow, painful assimilation to western culture. Else the world we have today would be much, much different.

That interaction conveyed it so well.

I really like Vietnam's life at France, as well.

Pft. The Oriental girl. Ah, the times then...

Losing Hong Kong. Comparing Korea to America, because they are in no rush to grow up.

I really like this. The escalating. The passage of time. The sheer amount of characters and the roles they play. The undertows of history. I really, really like it.

I enjoyed.

PT
reviewer chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
usually I never read the fic with Vietnam and America, but I'm glad to see how care Vietnam toward China in this story (I'm the China/Vietnam shipper lol). I agreed about Vietnam hate the Chinese's people (the emperor or his goverment), but not China

and little hongkong! awwwww he's so cute, he never forget his big brother w
Teaisboringwithouthamburger chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
This fic is beautiful. Wonderful. So emotional.

I really enjoy reading it. Thank you for sharing this story with us.
blind-alchemist chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Compelling imagery and excellent narrative, and Vietnam's character is portrayed as very mature, sensible, and likeable here. I love how you depicted her relationship with China; it was very moving. The content was gut-wrenching at times but impossible to put down.

Thank you for uploading!
angelicwarriorsaveshizumi78900 chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
i don't think so... my mom went through that war.
0ptimuspenguin chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
I liked it :) Good job!
Kendall N.S chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
I like this a lot!

Vietnam is my favorite character in Hetalia!

Kendall
Boulevard May chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

I don't even know how else to describe it.

Just.. great job. ;_;
randomlvr1 chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Oh my good Lord . . . that was beautiful. This fiction deserve much more than just two reviews, way more.

This fic made me cry. No, I'm not a cry baby, but I have a special little spot in my heart for the East Asian family. It's a sign of a true author when their words can evoke strong emotion from their readers. And you have done just that.

I loved the refreshing take you had on the Vietnam/China relationship. I've read bits in other fics where they aren't even on speaking terms, but I found this refreshing in the sense that there was love instead of hate between these two. Aw . . . truly lovely.

I especially loved the way use didn't use names to tell the story of England and China - it made it, somehow, less confusing that way. And those last few sentences in her story, about England taking Hong Kong and finding China under the influence of opium . . . those must have been some of the most moving lines I've ever read. The words you used were so simple, but the meaning behind them was so gorgeous. Really, this whole fic was a gold mine of simple, and magnificent quotes. “You would not know him. Most do not care anymore." For some reason, all your words have a hidden feeling to them that I enjoy, especially this line. Simple and direct. Truly magnificent.

Speaking of Vietnam, I'm very satisfied with the character you gave her. A simple, poor girl, who loves her family and hates those who have tried to own her like property. "They saw her as something to be squeezed and squeezed for everything she had, like they had thought of China after the Arrow War." I can practically hear the bitter edge to her voice as she thinks this - very haunting and beautiful.

I also loved your potrayal of America - hot-headed, naive, and eager. Just like he has always been. And the mentions of Korea, Taiwan, and Japan were just . . . I'm not even sure what words I should be using, so all I can say is that I loved those few lines. The way you expressed how the Korea's hated the different Chinese dynasties, but not China . . . The way you mentioned Taiwans delicacy . . . The way the brought up Japan's imperialism, and how everyone was still a bit bitter about it . . . It was all so beautiful.

My favorite part of this fic has to be the ending sentences - the wrap of up the wars of the 20th century. Simply put and beautifully delivered.

So, I hope you continue writing for the Hetalia fandom, even if you are sometimes unappreciated, because you write just so beautifully (and I'm sorry you had to read about me saying how 'beautiful and magnificent' this fic was - I didn't have any other words to explain it!).

zai jian

randomlvr1
candycanepower chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
This was amazing! I love it! I wish for more stories of Vietnam because she is barely known.
Michi Mitsurugi chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
Oh my goodness I just loved how you portrayed Vietnam here. I haven't seen her in any Hetalia strips yet, and the only idea I can get of her is when someone posts as her on livejournal.

She reminds me of a simple girl who just wants to be with family and friends until western countries gang up on Asia and are all "Give me your goods or i'll kill you".

;_; Again, I have to say I loved this. I really would like to see more Vietnam stories in the future if you have any plans for them. If not, I hope I get to see you around more with other stories!