Reviews for The Tale of Hartmut and Bramimond
LordEphidel chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
The most pressing issue here to me is the severe contradiction of canon riddling this piece, but because you explicitly state that it is so beforehand, I will not comment on it beyond stating how distracting it is.

Closely related to this is the large number of epithets that each of the Eight Heroes had, particularly when they do have official titles. It may be more memorable to simply use one, even if it is not the official one [because quite frankly some of the official ones are terrible and tell us nothing useful whatsoever].

I felt that the plot twist involving Bramimond's species and Hartmut's reaction to it were somewhat abrupt and may benefit from some form of foreshadowing.

All this criticism does not mean that it is poorly written, far from it, and enjoyed reading it immensely. It was quite well done, and you did manage to produce the feel of dramatic simplicity present in an epic quite well.
twenty ducats chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
I don't really know what to say about this. I'm impressed with everything: the writing style, the attention to detail, how well thought-out everything is. In the context of the canon, it's actually very believable, too.

The only complaint I can possibly think of is that the battles weren't detailed, which is contrary to most epic fiction in that kind of time period, but I wasn't exactly expecting a *real* epic, and it doesn't detract from the story at all. I wish more people wrote things like this.
BloodyCrystal chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
That was very interesting. I liked the style it was written in, and I enjoyed getting to see the possibilities of what the Eight Heroes might have been like.