Reviews for Just One of the Guys
panther73110 chapter 28 . 3/31
Just found your story and hope u finish it one day.
Atwiggs chapter 15 . 3/10
Oh how I love this Fic! I can’t believe I never read it before! It’s wonderful!
Atwiggs chapter 7 . 3/8
Oh poor Edward and Bella. She finally ‘feels’ something that’s true and right and Edward doesn’t know that she’s actually feeling good things... Edward wants her so bad
Atwiggs chapter 6 . 3/8
I loved that show on Saturday mornings and I used to laugh and laugh at their corny quips! My husbands name was Joel too by the way! I never had any dvds of it but I watched faithfully on channel 45 back in the day!
Atwiggs chapter 1 . 3/7
I can’t believe I found a Fic that I haven’t read before! Thx for writing, luv!
What A Joke chapter 19 . 1/23
So I'm leaving this review as a Guest and not on my account because I'm about to share some private events from my life and I don't want my account associated with them. I realize you wrote this story 8 years ago, and you may never actually read this, but on the off-chance you do I really felt the need to say something.

Three years ago I was raped in a public bathroom by a stranger.

As a survivor of a violent rape, I can not stand the weak victim you've made Bella in this story. Why is it such a common occurrence in Fanfiction to write the female protagonists as weak, pathetic creatures who need men to come and fix them after a big bad man has broken them? It is so infuriating that we (women) want to represent ourselves this way. Write a character with some grit for fucks sake. I find it beyond doubtful that you have personal experience with sexual assault, and if you do, then I urge you to get therapy immediately. Because it's psychotic to believe it's normal for Bella to be this maladapted and tormented by her assault after SEVEN YEARS. News flash: most survivors of assault do not want to live in the shadow of that memory forever. They actually want to get better. And so they do the work.

It is one of the worst things that can happen to you to be raped. Yes it breaks you. But I've never met another survivor who wanted to stay shattered. It makes you feel pathetic and awful. No one wants to live with PTSD. No one wants to have anxiety, or fear in their daily lives. It literally disgusts me that this Bella was perfectly content to live a broken existence until a good man came along.

Of course a survivor is always going to carry that weight with them (Cowboy Bebop reference since you seem to be a fellow fan). But the vigilance, the fear, the night terrors, the panic attacks, the CONSTANT SOBBING and crying over anything that remotely reminds Bella of her rape is not normal after seven years. It just really really irritates me that you would represent the experience of rape like that, and try to normalize Bella's wildly maladaptive behaviors. Anyone and everyone in her life should be telling her to seek help. She's clearly not okay and needs cognitive behavioral therapy.

For anyone else reading this comment - this is not what surviving rape should look like. If you know anyone in your life who is still in this much pain after so long then please urge them to get professional help. No one should be living like this for nearly a decade.
GSRgirlforever chapter 1 . 10/4/2017
Is till love everything about this story and will still, from time to time, check and see if there’s been an update. You’re a great writer and I hope you are well.
elleminnowpee chapter 28 . 9/21/2017
Don't worry about me. I'm just over here crying because this hasn't been updated since 2010 and will never know how happy Bella and Edward will be once reunited. Or if Edward will actually get around to asking Bella to come to Chicago from Christmas.
athome Jo chapter 28 . 6/24/2017
This story is incredible. Bella is wonderful, Jasper is amazing, and Edward is swoon-worthy. It's just all-around fantastic. All the characters and the story line make me happy. Thank you!
Jadeeeee chapter 27 . 5/13/2017
I can't believe you gave up! It was so good. You are a great writer and i love this story. I wish you could finish it :-( :-( :-[
Christie chapter 28 . 5/8/2017
Will this be finished?
lalitaduarte chapter 28 . 1/5/2017
So saddddddddd... I want more... Since forever
Guest chapter 28 . 10/31/2016
I'm so sad that was the last chapter... :(
Guest chapter 28 . 8/16/2016
please finish this story!
Joey Cullen chapter 28 . 8/8/2015
I've just read this again and I still love it like the 1st time I read it but really hope after 5 years you come back and finish this story as where all left hanging and you had wrote about amazing characters inc felix etc I just hope we get an ending! Take care
4,102 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »