Reviews for Just One of the Guys
MartiniBaby1 chapter 3 . 2/19/2009
OKay, here I am again. I'm reading a rather difficult book for work right now and I thought I could use a break in between the hard work. And I knew that this chapter contained some great Jasper-Alice loving (it was the first time I read Alice-Jasper loving and I loved it girl, you're a pro!) to distract me. And once again, the chapter didn't disappoint me.

I'm glad that you keep a focus on Bella and Jasper, writing about their feelings and axieties. It sometimes feels as if I'm watching a movie in my head instead of reading a story and that's a good thing. I can picture certain scenes in my head and I love it when a story is able to do that to me. I loved their whole 'margaritas and nachos' thing whenever he 'screwed' a girl, and how nervous he was to admit that he 'made love' to Alice, because there was a difference between his previous girlfriends and Alice, right? I'm feeling a little bit sad though, for Bella, that she doesn't have someone to share those feelings with, but I like to believe that Alice's brother can become that guy for her. Looking forward to read the next one soon.

About the suggestions I gave you about the game, feel free to ignore them, please. I was just thinking out loud. I always appreciate it when people tell me these kind of things, something it seems obvious to me but not for the readers so. But you can ignore my suggestions :)

PS Good to know that you're a happily ever after type, I am too (keep that in mind when/if you continue reading Collide!). I'm a sucker for angst too but happy endings are always appreciated :)
marauderofthephoenix chapter 4 . 2/17/2009
EMMETT! and Edward, too! That was an awesome chapter, I absolutely love how you have combined their vampire personalities with their new human ones - Alice always winning arguments, Edward hearing voices in his head (even though they are his own :D) and Emmett just being Emmett! Hilarious.

Edward and Alice share one of my favourite relationships, and I love how you wrote Edward as the protective older brother, it is very sweet. And Emmett and Edward being best friends is genius, they act like schoolboys and it's so funny to read. All their gay jokes were great :D

I was so excited when I saw you updated! Awesome chapter, I loved reading from Edward's point of view, you wrote it wonderfully :D
Little Miss Whitlock chapter 4 . 2/16/2009
oh edward lol i cant wait for this date/non date! LOL
hammondgirl chapter 4 . 2/16/2009
Thanks so much for the update - even though I just starting reading today - lol! But thanks anyways! I liked peeking into your Edward's head. But I want Bella to come back out and play! ;)
chunkymunky85 chapter 4 . 2/16/2009
UPDATE!

your writing has gotten better lol i dont know how it could have in one chapter but i LOVED this chapter
kellneriner chapter 4 . 2/16/2009
An insight of Edward's life. I love the way you put it. Very realistic but Edward-ish at the same time. :D Can't wait when they finally meet!
lionandthelamb24 chapter 4 . 2/16/2009
omg I loved this chapter. I serioulsy just love this def one of my favorites. Can't wait to get to the date and I love how you portray Emett and Edward in it. Loe how you write Alice and Edwards relationship too. I LOLed at Emmett thing Alice set Edward up with a guy. lmao Can't wait for the next chapter.
hammondgirl chapter 3 . 2/16/2009
Ok so of course I'm back with the million dollar question that I'm not typing - lol - out loud. But damn - that was some hot & sweet J&A lemonade! Well played, my dear, well played. ;)
ahizelm chapter 4 . 2/16/2009
Yet another good chappie, milady. Of course. Poor Edward and the whole 'tortured soul' thing. Angsty-Emoness is, apparently, a turn on. P.S. Nicely done with the Bella appearance in this chapter. Sneaky!

hammondgirl chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
Ha ha - well I don't play WoW, but I do like to settle in and look at the computer screen. Whether I'm reading or writing fic, looking at random crap, or chatting away - that is usually where I am! Great chapter & I'll be sad to read chapter three because then I'll be all caught up! ;)
hammondgirl chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
So I am completely and utterly hooked. I loved Jasper's reactions to Alice. And of course I have the same million dollar question as everyone else. But I will plow on and read. Thanks so much for sharing! ;)
MartiniBaby1 chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
Hi there, I'm here again. I couldn't help and control myself after reading the first chapter, since your story has been wandering through my head the entire night. So I've read the second chapter and I'm still with you.

It was my pleasure to leave you the first review and I will continue to leave one as long as this story captures me. I am a writer myself and I know how much fun it is when people leave you a nice comment. If you have time to check out mine, feel free to look for Collide. But only when you feel like it. About the update: Alice and Jasper seem very close and Bella seems to appreciate Alice, but I fear that somehow, Alice will push Bella too far and bring back the memories she wants to push back so desperately. Don't get me wrong, I love ALice and I really like it that you stay so close to the books, but I'm just worried about Bella. She does her best not to think about what happened but this far, she isn't doing a good job... I think we just have to wait till the bomb explodes.

And edward asexual? Lol. I really want to know how he feels when he sees Bella for the first time. Just one suggestion: when you talk about the game they are playing, things aren't always clear. Like the chat at the end, I am not familiar with those kind of things and maybe you should make it a little bit more descriptive, so readers like me get it all. But that's just a suggestion. Anyway, hopefully I have some time soon to read the next chapter. keep up the good work.
MartiniBaby1 chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
Hi girl,

I told you this weekend I had saved your fic to my fav's and now I had some time to read the first chapter and I loved it. God, honestly, I LOVED it! If this is your first fanfic ever written, than you have to write more, more more because you have a talent.

I like it a lot that you made Jasper and Bella live together because I'm a huge Jasper fan, and it seems to me that they are great friends. Alice is like in the books and that's how I love her, and girl, you incorporated some scenes from in the books or little sentences and I liked that a lot. Thanks for staying so true to the character. Reading from Jasper's POV is new to me but I appreciate and like it, and I have an idea about what is happening in Bella's life... I will read the next chapters soon, and review them too, but girl, you should go on writing. I insist. It's a good start and I had my share of reading fanfics :)
psychodancechick89 chapter 3 . 2/16/2009
Aww, Jasper is such a sweetheart!
marauderofthephoenix chapter 3 . 2/15/2009
Aw Jazz..he's so unbelievably sweet. Bella and Jasper's conversation over nachos and margaritas was just so genuine and lovely, it reminds me of how I act with my best friend :D I love all the traditions they have, you can really feel their amazing friendship through your writing. You make me laugh and say "aww" so much!

Jasper is so adorable. He made Bella "giggle like a schoolgirl" over the night he planned for Alice, so that there is a big deal! I can't really explain it, but this story is so easy to read, like it's written about your own friends - it's so sweet and it feels very real. I love the little moments between Jasper and Bella where each one knows what the other is thinking.

This is one of the best stories I have ever read, and your writing just keeps me hanging on your every word. And I totally agree, the ending is all Jasper's fault :D Great chapter!
4,086 | « Prev Page 1 .. 261 268 269 270 271 272 .. Last Next »