Reviews for Say That We're Sweethearts Again
4ofCups chapter 4 . 2/28/2009
"You’re gayer than a handbag full of rainbows." LOL!

Why does it not surprise me that the Joker would microwave soup while it was still in the can? Sigh. What piece do you think the Joker would be if he played Monopoly? Since there's no drum of oil or bomb, would he be the shoe? It's sort of comical and looks scrappy, a bit like the shoes he wears. The image of them playing Monopoly is humorous: I don't see the joker taking it well if he landed on Jonny's Boardwalk with a hotel.

This was really an enjoyable story, even though it was brief. I could actually see the fun of the Joker and Harley breaking into Jonny's cell to play Scrabble, as if it were merely a slumber party date, and not a reunion in a mental institution. I found myself thinking how much fun it would be to take part in it, because you've done such a fine job with your stories in bringing the humanity to these villains.

"Say, Say, Oh Playmate" was the version that I had learned, and that was a MAJOR blast from the past when I read it in your story. I don't think I've done the hand-clapping for that song since 1979. Very well-placed references in this story, and I'm looking forward to seeing where the next one will go!
4ofCups chapter 3 . 2/28/2009
I liked the humor in Jonny's reminiscing about his prior encounter with a skittish horse, and how the owner hanging from the stirrups and a crazed man jumping on its back might have led to skittishness. Might. :) Well done with the details about the horse and grooming - I know nothing about horses myself, but your descriptions come across as if you have equine experience. (Doesn't Wikipedia rock?) Great image of Scarecrow wanting to pull a Headless Horsemen number, tearing through the streets with a scythe, while Jonny could settle for a trot around the yard. Very interesting point about the subliminal connection some girls may feel with horses... and how thoughtful of the Joker to point it out as if Jonny were a girl.

As for bringing food and drink that Jonny can't partake in, resulting in more for his own consumption, if that isn't the opportunistic Joker we all know I don't know what is. And dang it, it's still endearing! Jeez, I'd fall for the Joker again, even if Jonny doesn't.
4ofCups chapter 2 . 2/28/2009
I'm back - sorry for another unscheduled hiatus! :) I like the hints you've dropped about members of the mob turning up dead, and the likelihood that the Joker was behind each killing for unknown reasons; it not only underscores his unchecked ferocity, but makes his appearance atop the horse all the more totally unhinged. Thank goodness he didn't try to recreate the scene from The Godfather! The line about "What little girl doesn't want a pony?" was hysterical! Fantastic wit, as was the nod to the Mr. Ed intro song.

I loved the anchovy pizza! ;) The Joker really went through great pains to recreate the same atmosphere for Jonathan... I could see how Jonny could be lulled into a false sense of trust again, especially when the Joker asserted that all the tinfoil cranes were his own product. Cool reference to the meaning behind the Ace of Hearts; I didn't know the symbolism, nor was I aware of what denailing was. Ouch, wouldn't want to end up denailed by anyone, not even the Joker!
Elizabeth Tudor chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
All right, I finished the next chapter and a half, maybe now I can sit down and read something besides chemistry notes. I know that's no excuse, I'll try to be better about reviewing.

You never fail to amaze me, how quickly you can write. In less than three weeks, you finish one story, write another, and begin a third.

Poor Crane. Joker just can't leave him alone, can he? The idea of Joker taping up drawings in Crane's room of them frolicking (what a weird word - frol-lick) in a unicorn-infested field is beyond amusing. So is the Idea of Joker crawling through the vent system. He's skinny enough to fit.

Heh. Kittens. Poor Kitten.

Infants and object permanence...isn't it, 'if they couldn’t see it, it wasn't there,' not 'if they couldn’t see it, it was there'?

Oh god, Joker talking about what a sacrifice it was not to kill Jonny...he really is an egotistical bastard, isn't he? Course, fangirls like me love him anyway... He'd probably blow me up for kicks.

Heh. Total whore and murderous idiot. Great alter ego, there. Although the fact that Joker never promised not to kill Scarecrow is a little disturbing. Heavens, the man is worse than a politician when it comes to technicalities.

"I'm going to be your friend, even if it kills us both"? Oh dear god.

I love the idea of Joker randomly breaking into Crane's cell, bringing the irritated doctor stolen gifts in an attempt to win him over. I'd imagine Crane was not amused in the slightest.

I'd wonddred if Harley and Ivy would become friends in your fic, like they are in the comics. I adore Pam, and the thought of her breaking into Joker's cell to try and kill him. I doubt even the Clown Prince could stand up to a truly pissed-off Poison Ivy.

Joker took his DVD collection? Including all his precious musicals? *snerk*

Jonny's got a sister?

I'm glad Joker didn't kill the horse. I think it mentions in one comic (can't remember which one) that he's against animal abuse, but I wouldn't trust him to take very good care of anything other than a fish, or maybe a cat, since they pretty much take care of themselves anyway.

Poor Jonny hates his scars that much? Though Joker forbidding him to use the cream on any scars from him was a nice, very Jokeresque touch.

Mint chocolate chip!

Aw. the cranes are kind of sweet, in a distinctly twisted, Joker-ish way. I think I'd have forgiven him and leapt into his arms by that point.

Why does Harley know how to make cranes?

Denailed. An interesting form of torture that, if I'm remembering correctly, originated in Asia.

Ah, bonding with your food is always fun! I love working with pheasants. I also love eating them. I'm not sure I could eat a horse though.

Argh, horse hair, not fur!

Leave it to Scarecrow to think of using Nightmare to go on a killing spree. Although I think he should. It'd be great fun.

Joker's absolutely right about horses and pre-pubescent girls. I've studied this extensively.

The movie novel had Jonathan as never having been near a horse before, but given that the movie novel gets plenty wrong anyway and your Crane is based on the comics, I'd say your version's more accurate.

Oh god, poor Harley. I know she doesn't mind, but really, the girl's a doormat.

Leave it to Jonny. Test subjects locked in the basement, drugs to pay for his new pet...

The fact that Harley and Joker moved in to take care of him is kind of sweet.

Gayer than a handbag full of rainbows. *double snerk* I may have to use that somewhere.

Ugh, Sarah Brightman. I know she was one of the better Christines on the Broadway Phantom of the Opera, but she's still a deer-in-the-headlights twit.

I'm assuming you've read the story "All Cats Are Grey In The Dark?" It's the same idea: our beloved, beautiful Crane developes an attachment to a certain animal, and forces Batman to take care of it after he's captured again. Imagining the expression on the brooding bat billionaire's face is distinctly priceless.

Cheers,

~Liz
shallots chapter 4 . 2/21/2009
awesome story, even if it was short. i looked up repo! after i read this, i cant get zydrate anatomy out of my head. i love it
HELDRACONIS chapter 4 . 2/21/2009
Yay they're friends again, and pissing off Bats together

Love your stories, you are a brilliant writer.
Tiny Whisper chapter 4 . 2/20/2009
Great story!
OceanFae chapter 4 . 2/19/2009
You’re gayer than a handbag full of rainbows.

OH.

EM.

GEE.

That was quite possibly the most hilarious moment in all of your stories. For me, at least.
Thought chapter 4 . 2/19/2009
Aw. ...You're making me like the Joker again. *frowns*

And of course the Joker would do damage with the microwave. Jonathan really should have known better.

I did notice a few typos (only noticeable because they're rare in your stories), but it's a tiny price to pay for such fantastic stories coming so quickly!

Wonderful work!
Cosmonautsister chapter 4 . 2/19/2009
"He’d expected Joker to have an over the top reaction. He had not predicted that the Joker would pick him up bridal style and spin around, cheering, like a parent playing airplane with a small child."

I knew I wasn't the only one who imagined him doing stuff like that! :)
TwistedKat chapter 4 . 2/19/2009
lol Repo is an awesome movie _ nice story, cant wait for the next!
lost soul's keeper chapter 4 . 2/19/2009
Well there freinds again...you know I've been thinking...jonthan really did go through hell with the joker in their 'romantic relationship' and I was thinking...he needs a guy...:sees your look: well he is gay isn't he?

anyway great story...LOVE the part about how johnny and joker annoyed batman by giggleing all the way back to arkham...athough I must admit that I have time thinking of jonathan giggling.
King0fCrows chapter 4 . 2/19/2009
Hahaha! LOL! That was funny! I bet Crane has the movie House of Wax...I've had an odd obssession with that movie after i watched it last week...I like Vincent! Can't wait for the next story! Wayne/Crane! Mwahahahaha! Bye bye!
MustLoveCas chapter 4 . 2/19/2009
SQUEE! Repo!
GreyLiliy chapter 4 . 2/19/2009
Ah~ And they're friends again.

Poor Crane; he just cant' win. Just when things get settled he gets the flu and is out for the count. XD Poor sap.

Gotta' love Harley freaking out & Joker playing nursemaid. At least Crane passed out before he could get into a fight with Batman. It sort of made things easier.

...I love that he asked Batman to take care of his horse. XD
92 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »