Reviews for The Road to Paris
joeperrysbabe chapter 9 . 9/27/2010
:-) Thanks for another chapter!
domru87 chapter 8 . 2/10/2010
Very good chapter. I like the way you explain why they must go to Paris. I can't wait for next chapter.
Delorita chapter 8 . 2/9/2010
Very interesting! I especially like the fact that Peter inspires people. You are so right with that. Now I am really curious to where/what your story is leading. Looks like there is much more to come. Please keep up the good work. :D
Delorita chapter 7 . 11/18/2009
Yay for the new chapter! I think they put up a very good fight against their captors :D
Delorita chapter 6 . 10/21/2009
Please, can I have the next chapter? Everything about Peter's time in the camp and his exhausting run sound very believable. You've done good research! What I like most is that you bring Thomas back into the story, not being in the HJ anymore! (I hope you wont change your mind about that!) Otto dead? Oh my.

I'm crazy myself about Thomas, Peter and Arvid since a few weeks and I hope you'll continue this soon!
domru87 chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
Excellent story. Your style is wonderful. Only I wonder when you tell something about Ilsa.

I wait for more.
Swing Girl At Heart chapter 6 . 9/3/2009
I KNEW Hilda was a double-crosser!

Good job on this chapter, the story gets better with every post!
joeperrysbabe chapter 6 . 9/2/2009
Omg...it's so gettin good now! :) Thanks so much for updating. I love this story so far.
huffle-bibin chapter 5 . 8/17/2009
Great chapter! I can't wait for more!
joeperrysbabe chapter 5 . 8/13/2009
YAY! :) Thank you, thank you! I swear, when my e-mail alert came up with your latest chapter, i was ecstatic! Excellent job!

Although he was a jerk towards the end of the movie, I am glad Thomas was ok. Too bad about Otto, tho. :( He was awesome.

Thanks again for posting another chapter of this great story. I hope you can update soon. :)

Christina.
joeperrysbabe chapter 4 . 7/15/2009
OMG OMG...PLEASE do more of this story! :) You know, for years i have watched this movie and a million and one ideas have danced in my head regarding Peter's fate. I love it! And the "Casablanca" crossover is WONDERFUL! Bravo!
huffle-bibin chapter 4 . 7/15/2009
This story is brilliant! I was not expecting Evey at all, and the fact that Thomas was with her is just icing on the cake. I can't wait for more!
j.u.u chapter 3 . 4/7/2009
Hello,

Thank you for your story. I really think it is (or more precisely it has potential to be) one of the best stories in swing kids fandom. I think that so far your characters are realistic and so are the facts.

I have just some (critical) remarks that I think you should take to consideration

1)I don’t think Viktor would have told Peter his real name. He didn’t know him that well and the head of resistance movement does not share his/hers identity this easily.

For quite realist stories from resistance I recommend French author (and actual Resistance fighter Joseph Kessel and his book L’Armee des ombres/Army of shadows (book was also filmed - /find?sall&qarmeedesombres&x0&y0 - , but book is better than movie).

2) I am quite curious how you will solve Peter’s language competences. It is quite possible that he could know French or English, as he was high school student, but knowing both would be quite improbable. (I think, but I am not sure, that French is more probable than English, but to be sure you should do some research what foreign language aside from Latin was thought at German’s high school in 30s)

3)Please, please, please, make your story the way in which it would be clear, that the Viktor’s stay in USA is temporary one. Center of Resistance in unoccupied world was London and it really does not make sense to lead the movement from other half of the world. It could be possible; that Viktor go to USA to make fundraising campaign, gaining some political contacts etc., but staying there long time is incompatible with leading the Resistance movement. (Yes, this moment – escape to America and working like a chief of Resistance from Washington or New York - irritate me every time I see Casablanca ;-) )

Once again thank you for your story and I am hoping you will continue.

PS: sorry for my English, you can see I am not native speaker…
Swing Girl At Heart chapter 3 . 4/5/2009
This is a FANTASTIC improvement from your last two chapters, Joseph. Clear and concise writing, as well as great descriptions and visualization, and very easy-flowing dialogue. I'm really liking the feel I'm receiving from this as it progresses! No criticism for this chapter from me :)

I hope you get reviews from someone other than me soon, this definitely deserves way more than one person's attention.

Swing Girl At Heart
Swing Girl At Heart chapter 2 . 3/31/2009
Sorry it took so long for me to see that you'd updated - apparently I forgot to put this on Alert.

A nice addition to the first installment, this chapter further hooks the reader's interest and gives a good plot progression. Still, there are several flaws that take a lot away.

First of all, there are several passages that could use quite a bit of extension and elaboration. For instance, the paragraph in which the trucks take Peter and the prisoners to the train crossing; when Peter sees the number of inmates who died during the train ride; Peter's escape; his trek to the cave, etc. While the plot is solid and realistic, the lack of description makes for a skeleton of a story.

Still, I am very curious to see who Peter's fellow escapee is (Am I right in thinking it's Victor Laszlo? He just seems like the most likely candidate...) The scene where Peter runs into him in the woods until they are separated is very engaging!

I look forward to Chapter 3!

Swing Girl At Heart