Reviews for The Next Dragon Warrior
MoonbornWalker chapter 30 . 6/23
Considering how long it's been, I very highly doubt anyone is going to see this. However, I have to say two things. Firstly, this story is brilliant. I love it, I really do. Secondly, just a minor correction - 'Crevan' is not the Irish word for fox, 'Sionnach' (pronounced 'shun-uck') is the correct word. The letter 'v' actually isn't a part of the Irish alphabet.

My source is, well, me. I'm Irish, born and raised by an Irish family in Dublin. I've also been learning the Irish language since I was four years old, and I'm now sixteen.
DelilahDalia chapter 30 . 12/14/2014
Thanks so much for this story. You inspired me to write fanfictions of my own! I enjoyed this so much. Because of my sight issues, my mom had to practically tear my eyes off the screen. Once again, thx!
DeliahDalia chapter 29 . 7/17/2014
This story is amazing, I lived it more than any other fanfic I've read. I will surely read more of your stories ;)
DeliahDalia chapter 26 . 7/17/2014
You've already made MY day with this chapter. Keep up the epicness ;)
The Cool Kat chapter 29 . 3/15/2014
Like you said about “Lazarus” it’s hard to believe this story is over; especially since yours was a bit longer than mine. I hated how short these two reviews came out, as they’re the last ones, so I consolidated them into the one.

The Jo/Shifu moment was unexpected, but sweet. It’s nice that Jo gets some closure about his worries of turning into Tai Lung, and I love that it’s Shifu who points out the fundamental difference. Like Po and Shifu in the first KFP they’ve begun to bond a bit. ‘Kiddo’ does seem very uncharacteristic of Shifu, but so does his Yao obsession.

‘Prepare for awesomeness’ – nicely spoken Po. I do love me an optimistic ending, and this one was as eager as they come. It’s been a pleasure Cam, reading this fic and seeing how Jo’s story began. It had it’s sentimental moments, comedy (plenty of that), action, and above all – moments of totally random absurdity that made my day (a lot like “Ice Age: The Meltdown”). As far as KFP stories go (and I can hardly believe this is your first one), I’d say “The Next Dragon Warrior” is top notch. If you ever want me to review your others Jo stories, just say the word.

The Cool Kat chapter 27 . 12/28/2013
So this is the big chapter eh? I can relate to wanting to get the climax perfect. ‘Tai and I’, these titles have been getting better with each chapter.

‘You killed my pupil. You know what happens next?’ ‘You follow in his footsteps?’. Oh snap Jo. I love how his kung fu training has improved his confidence, the way martial arts are intended to. Here’s a kid who a month ago thought he wasn’t good enough for kung fu, and now he’s giving Tai Lung sass.

Ah Tai Lung, I see you’re getting in touch with your inner Darth Vader, trying to sway Jo over to the dark side by forcing him to acknowledge his own inner demons (nice to finally see the true relevance of that ‘bloody’ poem by the way). But in hindsight, trying to recruit someone really doesn’t work when you’ve already killed their best friend and admitted to them your plans to backstab your previous ally. Tai must think this kid is awfully dumb.

‘Streak-faced brat’, oh snap back. These guys are really laying into each other, aren’t they?

This fight – even more epic than the last one. I can see all the hard work you put into this one, and I can happily tell you that it all paid off, because goddamn is this stuff suspenseful. And Jo is still making wise-cracks in the face of death; taunting an older, deadlier opponent that he knows has every intention of killing him. Po would be so proud.

‘You twerp, you made me bleed!’ – what an absurd sentence. And hey, welcome back Po. Just in time. And he and Jo get the Wuxi finger hold together…. Clever Jo.

Only the best for your readers for eh? Well this chapter certainly was that. It’s one of my favorite chaps from your Next Dragon Warrior series. Funny and action-packed from start to finish.

The Cool Kat chapter 26 . 12/28/2013
‘Sweep the Leg Johnny’ rocking. ‘Avenging Po’ - third in a trilogy of ‘Po’ titles. That Jo/Park fight was as Po would say, awesome. The explosion was quite a spectacle to imagine (and who knew Oogway’s staff would turn out to be a double Chekov’s gun?). ‘That wood is some powerful stuff’ - that it is Jo, that it is. :) But his ordeal is not over yet. He’s beat the lackey, but he’s still gotta face the Big Bad. Dun. Dun. Dun.

The Cool Kat chapter 25 . 12/28/2013
I have no idea what that choir was singing in “Tching Tchinga Ryah” but it was very fitting of a newly invigorated Jo traversing through the abandoned Valley of Peace. And thank god Park finally gave us that necessary info-dump; it was killing me not knowing. Can I just say how great that scene between Jo and Park is? It really feels like the culmination of their whole antagonistic ‘relationship’ throughout this story.

Park, as always, is such a bastard. But you know what, now that he’s a villain and not just a jerk his bastardness is what I like best about him (like the sastified way he says ‘he’s finishing off everyone left in the Valley’. So ruthless).

As for Park’s destiny. What the hell? (snorts). ‘Piece of freaking crap?’ Oh god that’s funny; and random. It’s totally true and like Jo I really can’t picture Oogway saying that but it’s so damn satisfying that I honestly don’t care. And the fight – big yes (fist pumps).

The Cool Kat chapter 24 . 12/28/2013
I’ve never seen Glee, but damn that Amber Riley can sing. Nice choice of power ballad. I kinda have to agree with Jo on this one; when it comes to the Valley of Peace falling that’s pretty close to the end of the world. ‘Destiny’s in a name’. Hidden in plain sight the whole time; like all the best mysteries. Sneaky, sneaky Navark. Brilliant, but sneaky. I’d completely forgotten about Jo’s other name (one that is really a mouthful). And it seems to be the key to everything.

The Cool Kat chapter 23 . 12/28/2013
So this was your big fake-out in “The Next Dragon Warrior”. I can only imagine how people reacted to this bleak turn of events. Well, I don’t really have to imagine. You told me they flipped. And I can see why. He fell off the side of a cliff. And then everyone evacuated the Valley. And the Masters pretty much said there was hope. If not the fact I know this isn’t the end, this chapter would probably be even more gut-punching than already is. But since I do know it’s not over, I’m more interested in where Jo will go next, and how he’ll wind up coming back. Cause you know he’s gonna go back. It’s his destiny. And we really need to find how in the hell a little weasel like Park could come to meet a psycho like Tai Lung.

The Cool Kat chapter 22 . 12/28/2013
Well that wasn’t what I was expecting at all. In a good way. I was expecting answers, and Tai did shed some light on his survival, and then Po died. Well that’s… wow. I’ve gotta say that I really like Route 12. It’s such a gentle, sweeping piano/woodwind piece. Very tranquil. Almost unreal.

The Cool Kat chapter 21 . 12/28/2013
And a happy new year Cameron. Sorry about the delay. The holidays slowed me down. But enough about that, let’s get on the actual reviews.

‘Someone knew the fight was gonna happen’… that’s creepy. This can only mean one thing of course. It was all a distraction, so Shifu’s room could be trashed. And going by the cliffhanger, I suspect I’ll be learning more about that soon enough.

The part where Jo sees nothing in the mirror is perfect. The fact that Po knew all along, and Jo is too depressed to be surprised, that’s some pretty sad stuff. Of course, we don’t have long to absorb this because Jo and Po go outside and WHAT THE WHAT?! PARK’S IN CAHOOTS WITH TAI LUNG?! I mean yeah you hinted at this before, but when the thought crossed my mind I didn’t think it was what was actually happening. It was way too unlikely. How did this happen?!

The Cool Kat chapter 20 . 11/2/2013
Ah Jo, sneaking out, like most in his position would. And being seen sneaking out. We really are making trouble for ourselves, aren’t we? And I figure this is also when Jo begins to register on Tigress’ radar. Jo’s lies made it seem like she was seeing things, and no one would appreciate that. I imagine Tigress will pay more attention to him after this. There’s also another mystery popping up about someone trashing Shifu’s room. Perhaps Jo wasn’t the only one lurking about during the village fight.

The Cool Kat chapter 19 . 11/2/2013
Now I see where the bloody poem comes in. Jo continues to doubt himself in an entirely different. All the anger he’s been feeling lately is starting to make him wonder himself if he’s changing.

This has to be another one of my favorite chapters in this story. I love everything about it. Jo doubting himself, Shifu avoiding looking at him, Jo’s shame as he faces Po… we’ve all been there. We’ve all disappointed someone at some time or another, and since we all know the feeling it makes this chapter feel that much more realistic.

Po’s response to Jo defending his honor was perfect. Absolutely perfect (completely in character). And this Po/Jo talk ends with a hug. Hugs are great, aren’t they? Especially Po hugs. Po hugs are like Winnie the Pooh hugs, they’re just so cuddly.

The Cool Kat chapter 18 . 11/2/2013
‘Offending Po’. Nice callback to ‘Defending Po’.

I see what you mean now about there being another similarity to Harry Potter. Jo strives to be the best he can be as a student of kung fu (especially since he’s ‘competing’ against Park in his mind), he’s nearing a very dangerous road called obsession, which leads to a comparison between him and Tai Lung. Of course there’s a difference between Jo and Tai Lung, plain as day, just as there was a difference between Harry Potter and Voldemort. Again, talking to Po helps Jo to calm down for the time being.

Jo punching Park was very satisfying. Even if he gets in trouble for it, it’s just as much of a ‘yes!’ moment as Hermione socking Malfoy in Book 3. The guy really had it coming to him.