Reviews for The Next Dragon Warrior
AvidReader chapter 30 . 7/13
Again, I don’t know if you’re reading this, but I did enjoy the story. I had a thought to check out Kung Fu Panda fanfiction, and found this on TvTroupes’ recommended fanfiction list. It did not disappoint!

Jo is believable, even if cliche. Sometimes you have to ignore the cliche-ness, because the actual idea fits or is realistic. I haven’t seen badgers used in many stories, so it was new.

Including parts from real people in Park is great, even if the fact you actually met those people is disgusting. I’m sorry you had to deal with them. Writing about your personal experiences is probably easier than writing about something you’ve never seen. As an example, I’ve never been to public school, so I haven’t met the bullies often written about. So if I try to write a bully scene, it’s from partial information given second-hand, and not from myself.

I haven’t had a love of writing as deep as yours; I’d say music takes that place. But I have occasionally dreamed of becoming a good writer, and I think I’ll try to work on that a little more!

Finally, have a fantabulous day. It’s awesome seeing another Christian on the Internet; it makes me feel less ‘alone’. Not that I feel alone, but saying it makes me feel ‘more surrounded’ sounds negative.
AvidReader chapter 25 . 7/13
I’m going to review before finishing the story. I don’t know if you’re online anymore to see this, but I’ll leave it.

At the first mention of “camper going to be the Dragon Warrior” I knew it was going to be Jo. The name mix-up was cool, though. It’s an anagram for “The Next Dragon Warrior”, which is either a cool coincidence or their parents had future-seeing powers and wanted to make the name less obvious.

The counter to the Wuxi Finger Hold being a clench of the fist is odd. Would that mean that against any lesser force, he would be immovable? Is it only applicable when the Wuxi Finger Hold is in effect?

I do like Jo’s character, the poem-writing is cool as well. Unique animal species out-of-place. I’m wondering if there’s a story written about the badgers, similar to how Po eventually finds other pandas in later movies.

So now I’ll read and finish the story! I’m pretty sure Po isn’t
Guest chapter 4 . 8/1/2016
WOW! That got really deep.
J.D. poole chapter 3 . 7/26/2016
So far so GREAT!
Starry is here don't freak out chapter 1 . 11/12/2015
Let's read a six year old fanfic, why the hell not?
MoonbornWalker chapter 30 . 6/23/2015
Considering how long it's been, I very highly doubt anyone is going to see this. However, I have to say two things. Firstly, this story is brilliant. I love it, I really do. Secondly, just a minor correction - 'Crevan' is not the Irish word for fox, 'Sionnach' (pronounced 'shun-uck') is the correct word. The letter 'v' actually isn't a part of the Irish alphabet.

My source is, well, me. I'm Irish, born and raised by an Irish family in Dublin. I've also been learning the Irish language since I was four years old, and I'm now sixteen.
DelilahDalia chapter 30 . 12/14/2014
Thanks so much for this story. You inspired me to write fanfictions of my own! I enjoyed this so much. Because of my sight issues, my mom had to practically tear my eyes off the screen. Once again, thx!
OnePunchGurl chapter 29 . 7/17/2014
This story is amazing, I lived it more than any other fanfic I've read. I will surely read more of your stories ;)
OnePunchGurl chapter 26 . 7/17/2014
You've already made MY day with this chapter. Keep up the epicness ;)
The Cool Kat chapter 29 . 3/15/2014
Like you said about “Lazarus” it’s hard to believe this story is over; especially since yours was a bit longer than mine. I hated how short these two reviews came out, as they’re the last ones, so I consolidated them into the one.

The Jo/Shifu moment was unexpected, but sweet. It’s nice that Jo gets some closure about his worries of turning into Tai Lung, and I love that it’s Shifu who points out the fundamental difference. Like Po and Shifu in the first KFP they’ve begun to bond a bit. ‘Kiddo’ does seem very uncharacteristic of Shifu, but so does his Yao obsession.

‘Prepare for awesomeness’ – nicely spoken Po. I do love me an optimistic ending, and this one was as eager as they come. It’s been a pleasure Cam, reading this fic and seeing how Jo’s story began. It had it’s sentimental moments, comedy (plenty of that), action, and above all – moments of totally random absurdity that made my day (a lot like “Ice Age: The Meltdown”). As far as KFP stories go (and I can hardly believe this is your first one), I’d say “The Next Dragon Warrior” is top notch. If you ever want me to review your others Jo stories, just say the word.

The Cool Kat chapter 27 . 12/28/2013
So this is the big chapter eh? I can relate to wanting to get the climax perfect. ‘Tai and I’, these titles have been getting better with each chapter.

‘You killed my pupil. You know what happens next?’ ‘You follow in his footsteps?’. Oh snap Jo. I love how his kung fu training has improved his confidence, the way martial arts are intended to. Here’s a kid who a month ago thought he wasn’t good enough for kung fu, and now he’s giving Tai Lung sass.

Ah Tai Lung, I see you’re getting in touch with your inner Darth Vader, trying to sway Jo over to the dark side by forcing him to acknowledge his own inner demons (nice to finally see the true relevance of that ‘bloody’ poem by the way). But in hindsight, trying to recruit someone really doesn’t work when you’ve already killed their best friend and admitted to them your plans to backstab your previous ally. Tai must think this kid is awfully dumb.

‘Streak-faced brat’, oh snap back. These guys are really laying into each other, aren’t they?

This fight – even more epic than the last one. I can see all the hard work you put into this one, and I can happily tell you that it all paid off, because goddamn is this stuff suspenseful. And Jo is still making wise-cracks in the face of death; taunting an older, deadlier opponent that he knows has every intention of killing him. Po would be so proud.

‘You twerp, you made me bleed!’ – what an absurd sentence. And hey, welcome back Po. Just in time. And he and Jo get the Wuxi finger hold together…. Clever Jo.

Only the best for your readers for eh? Well this chapter certainly was that. It’s one of my favorite chaps from your Next Dragon Warrior series. Funny and action-packed from start to finish.

The Cool Kat chapter 26 . 12/28/2013
‘Sweep the Leg Johnny’ rocking. ‘Avenging Po’ - third in a trilogy of ‘Po’ titles. That Jo/Park fight was as Po would say, awesome. The explosion was quite a spectacle to imagine (and who knew Oogway’s staff would turn out to be a double Chekov’s gun?). ‘That wood is some powerful stuff’ - that it is Jo, that it is. :) But his ordeal is not over yet. He’s beat the lackey, but he’s still gotta face the Big Bad. Dun. Dun. Dun.

The Cool Kat chapter 25 . 12/28/2013
I have no idea what that choir was singing in “Tching Tchinga Ryah” but it was very fitting of a newly invigorated Jo traversing through the abandoned Valley of Peace. And thank god Park finally gave us that necessary info-dump; it was killing me not knowing. Can I just say how great that scene between Jo and Park is? It really feels like the culmination of their whole antagonistic ‘relationship’ throughout this story.

Park, as always, is such a bastard. But you know what, now that he’s a villain and not just a jerk his bastardness is what I like best about him (like the sastified way he says ‘he’s finishing off everyone left in the Valley’. So ruthless).

As for Park’s destiny. What the hell? (snorts). ‘Piece of freaking crap?’ Oh god that’s funny; and random. It’s totally true and like Jo I really can’t picture Oogway saying that but it’s so damn satisfying that I honestly don’t care. And the fight – big yes (fist pumps).

The Cool Kat chapter 24 . 12/28/2013
I’ve never seen Glee, but damn that Amber Riley can sing. Nice choice of power ballad. I kinda have to agree with Jo on this one; when it comes to the Valley of Peace falling that’s pretty close to the end of the world. ‘Destiny’s in a name’. Hidden in plain sight the whole time; like all the best mysteries. Sneaky, sneaky Navark. Brilliant, but sneaky. I’d completely forgotten about Jo’s other name (one that is really a mouthful). And it seems to be the key to everything.

The Cool Kat chapter 23 . 12/28/2013
So this was your big fake-out in “The Next Dragon Warrior”. I can only imagine how people reacted to this bleak turn of events. Well, I don’t really have to imagine. You told me they flipped. And I can see why. He fell off the side of a cliff. And then everyone evacuated the Valley. And the Masters pretty much said there was hope. If not the fact I know this isn’t the end, this chapter would probably be even more gut-punching than already is. But since I do know it’s not over, I’m more interested in where Jo will go next, and how he’ll wind up coming back. Cause you know he’s gonna go back. It’s his destiny. And we really need to find how in the hell a little weasel like Park could come to meet a psycho like Tai Lung.