Reviews for Take Me Back
JunKing chapter 8 . 3/6
This is probably one of my favorite chapters here. Not only for the act that Razer finally finds her smile again, but you there was one other thing in here that resonated with me. It was such a simple act but there's one thing that I will remember most about this story so far: Razer's reaction to receiving that gift Pegasus plush doll. I think it was because I just read that scene reliving her abuse with her father but that moment touched me. That Pegasus to me represented so many things. It represented freedom with wings just like the mythical creature, pure, white. Most importantly, it represented her lost childhood and innocence. I saw this poor girl finally feeling what it should have felt back home to have a loving family. To be given something loving instead of something painful. All she's had up to this point has been bodily injuries and scars reminding her of her former life. But when she saw that Pegasus and held it tight, her joy in that moment was all I could feel. Nothing could bring her down right then, not even the devil inside of her. She's been many things so far: Abuse survivor, tormented by Devil, mocked and bullied by strangers but here she finally caught a glimpse of something that she's needed to be but couldn't: a little girl on Christmas morning. Okay, I have to go grab a kleenex lol
JunKing chapter 7 . 3/6
Aw this was a cute chapter! It was sweet to see Razer and Hwoarang finally getting along. Hwoa reverting back into the concerned, caring person during Razer's nightmare goes to show how gentle he really is on the inside. Speaking of nightmares, whoa. I'm not going to lie, I teared up a little reading the abuse she suffered along with her mother. But that's good because that means you did your job as a writer of making me relate and feel. In some ways, re-reading these is helping me conquer my own writer's block. With my Peter character as well as Sylvia in Untold, they are also victims of abuse (and that's what draws them to each other/argue). Seeing Razer experience it just goes to show just how much damage abuse can inflict. The physical pain eventually heals, but your emotions are scarred for life. I can relate to Razer's hatred of her father and this trait comes across rather well in this piece. Oh and on a side note; 'The leaves fell into piles until they were collected, bagged memories'- beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL line.
JunKing chapter 6 . 3/6
Hey again! Was just reading this and got your PM:-) I really enjoy reading about Razer. I feel like she is a breath of fresh air. While I love OC stories, sometimes female characters tend to be a little too damsel in distress, but even with Hwoarang around, she still has her own internal struggles. She's interesting enough where you don't necessarily even need other characters in a scene to feel what she's about. A lot of time, things are revealed through dialogue or the way we read interaction, but right from the beginning she's highly likable. It's funny because even though she has Devil pushing her around, she actually kind of comes in handy when she needs to. That fight scene was pretty awesome and I was intrigued by the duality Razer/Devil display together. This thing that she just wants gone ends up being her only friend and protector sometimes. Also, nice job on tying in her abuse with her high pain tolerance! Little things like that make me see that at home in Greece, she was harmed badly to be able to fight the way she does.
JunKing chapter 5 . 3/3
I actually laughed out loud a lot in this chapter. My favorite was, "The doctors must've drilled some leaves into your eyes when you were born". Hilarious! And then Razer's following comment about someone bleeding into his hair for days since it was so red. And the whole 'A middle finger stood tall and proud, staring right back at him'. Lots of funny stuff here for sure. On a different note, wow Hwoarang is really becoming a punk to Razer. When he blew up at her at the end there, my jaw dropped slightly. That was a lot to say! So far, I'm really enjoying the realness of the dialogue. In real life, I'd hear people arguing the way Hwoarang and Razer do. Great job!
JunKing chapter 4 . 3/2
And finally this chapter brings us the jerky Hwoarang we know and love. What a punk to hit a girl like that. But I guess it is Tekken and in the game, men fight women all the time lol. I really like how smart Razer sounds for a 12-year old. Her diction, her thoughts, she just seems very mature for her age. I really like that she called him out about his attitude, he's probably not used to that. Poor Razer. The Devil seems to give her one advantage though, she warned her about the incoming kick! Also, nice dialogue with Baek. I haven't read too much including him but he seems like a decent man here in your series. So far, so good. I'm really liking this piece!
JunKing chapter 3 . 2/28
As I read about Razer's plight, it made me realize just how freaky it is. I can't imagine being trapped in a constant nightmare state with a Devil in my mind, taunting me. If days kept going by, I'd probably been so worried I might've suggested a hospital. But that wouldn't have done any good. It was touching to see Hwoarang as a 13 year old caring for her. Its a nice change of pace seeing as how he's usually always portrayed as a complete jerk 24/7. Once I got the dialogue rules down, this story has been more and more fun to read. Can't wait to see what happens next!
JunKing chapter 2 . 2/26
I must say, that was scary! But you write so well, I felt like I was Razer watching her demonized imitation speaking to me personally. Creepy. I now see the comparison between my character Sylvia and Razer, they both have some really messed up dads. I'm really enjoying this so far and again, great job. Some of the Devil's speeches were just bone chilling. You are amazing!
JunKing chapter 1 . 2/25
Hey Razer! I remember reading through some of the Me series way back but I decided I wanted to come back and read everything from beginning to end! I wanted to start with this prequel and work my way up and I love how this explains how Razer, Hwoarang, and Baek first met. I liked the different styles you used for speech, thoughts, and Devil communication. I like a good mystery and this opening chapter does a great job making you wonder what Razer has been through. I can't wait to revisit your amazing writing style and wonderful characters.
Guest chapter 23 . 5/27/2013
This is to stinking cute love it. You are knowledgable and have great story telling skills. Love your portrayal of Hwoarang. What made you desire to introduce a " a devil within"? Will there be release or peace? God/Jesus and the Devil, Angels and Demons, Heaven and Hell? Well it be destroyed?... Will they meet Jin?
KJHWCCS chapter 35 . 1/19/2013
Finally leaving a review! I just got the time to sit and read through everything today.

I'll be honest with you in that OC with Devil Gene doesn't hold appeal to me, but Razer is wonderfully balanced and you can see her progression as a character. I really adore SH seriously, I look forward to reading more of him later on. Your take on Hwoarang was interesting, it wasn't exactly how I would picture him but it worked well here. They blossomed wonderfully and I could get a sense of passing time as I read.

Devil held particular interest for me, especially near the end (likes Hwo too eh?) consorting with Razer that way was surprising, though maybe I just have to read on to find out why. I'm looking forward to seeing Jin's entrance and everything in future (though honestly it may take me a while as I have not been up to scratch in regards to fanfiction reading lately)

One tiny issue I noticed was in Selfish Love, when Hwoarang explains to Razer about the people who visit, here:

"...because they realised I love you"

But later it's clear Hwo has not said 'I love you' and still can't say it to her. Whether this was intentional or an accident I'm not sure, just mentioning it :)

Anyway, it's got my interest and I'll definitely be checking out the next story in the series, though it might take me a while!
Pinkbuffer chapter 35 . 10/2/2010
I can't believe this is the end of this fiction.

Great to have Shin and Changmin back, whatever happen to them did they ever speak to Hwoarang and Razer after their meeting? Hopefully you mentioned them in "Whisper to Me" (ha ha I know you posted it lol can't to read it.)

Great ending. Happy ending. Ya ya ya ya ya!

Aw thanks for the thank you note: -D :-D I'm back too.
Pinkbuffer chapter 34 . 10/2/2010
"Cancer stick?"

"My new nickname for you."

SH lmao lmao

Ya ya Hwo got his first motorbike- awesome.

I miss Baek in the story. Last quote was heart warming.

OMG next chapter is the last.
Pinkbuffer chapter 33 . 10/2/2010
This was a short chapter but filled with Razer and Hwoarang love. Flower Knight than last name would be garden hmmm that's mean lol but laughable ha. Come on flower boy at least say thank you lol.
Pinkbuffer chapter 32 . 10/2/2010
I love Baek's speech, has strong meaning. This chapter was filled with action from beginning to End. Fantastic.
mariannesolvold chapter 35 . 9/30/2010
Oh, so this whole story is totally amazing! I love how you made each of the characters seem so real and that they all had different personalities. I also love how you write. Your descriptions are amazing. It makes everything seem so real. And it's kinda freaking me out.. Anyways.. This story is heartwarming, heartbreaking and breathtaking at the same time! Everything a person could possibly ask for. Humor, drama, love and, of course, the fighting! :D

To sum up this review: I WORSHIP YOU! :O xD

Oh, and pleasepleasePLEASE do write a tekken 6 'you' fic! And prehaps then you could put some -a lot- of Swedish hotness in it? ;O -makes puppy eyes-

Looking forward to read more! ;)