Reviews for Hiko Gaiden
Jeremy chapter 4 . 1/23/2010
very entertaining read. just the right contrast of entertainment and detail. I am a huge fan of Samurai X and Rurouni Kenshin and especially the character Hiko Seijuro XI. This fic really does bring his personality into much better light. Thank you for taking the time to write it.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 3 . 5/15/2009
Very well done. Good use of research details, an engaging OC, and a plausible and effective plot.

The parallels between Kenshin and Hiko's early years go far in explaining why Hiko would choose such a tiny little boy to be his apprentice. They were both rescued from certain death, and Shinta/Kenshin already instinctively knew the lesson Hiko the 12th taught Kyouta, that no matter what a person was in life, death is the great leveler. Stumbling upon Shinta burying the bodies of the bandits would've definitely brought back memories of the day Hiko the 13th met his own master.

I liked the incorporation of the lines from the manga about the taste of sake. It became a sort of unifying sub-theme to the story and tied the past and present together admirably.
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 3 . 3/1/2009
The scene of Hiko and Kenshin standing in front of the small lake while Hiko explains his philosophy of sake to Kenshin is one of my favorite in the whole manga and the first OVA.

Thanks for the cool story.
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
I really look forward to you creating a back story for such a strong and amazing character. Hiko's master sounds like a far cry from Hiko's arrogant attitude.
SzaharaTheSame chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
So, I've read this chapter three times and I finally found the time to review.

I loved this so far. I haven't read your other story yet, but now I'm interested.

I was always curious about the past of Hiko 13, and so far I only found maybe 3 stories that dealt with that... they were either discontinued or I didn't like them. However, this is something I can totally imagine happening.

It is plausible that Hiko's Shishou would be only a bit above average... it'd be strange if all masters of Hiten Mitsurugi were "superhuman"

I liked that Hiko learned that quote about sake from his master, it sort of creates a connection to canon story line.

Probably making the student think that Kuzu Ryu Sen is the ougi is also passed down from generation to generation. It's too much fun and rightful payback. *laughs* Evil, evil Hiko XII...

I wouldn't be surprized if Hiko Xii's original name was Kenshin... then we would know where Hiko got that name from.

I only found one weird little detail I'm not sure about... the glasses... Yes, it's a nice detail for the character, but wearing glasses when sparring with swords is just asking for trouble... Especially since they are probably made out of glass (not plastic like these days) I know it's late to change it, but I still think he would take them off... maybe Hiko XII has very, very, very bad eye-sight...

I'm eagerly awaiting your next chapter. :D Szahara-TS
Ridicully L chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
Well, I haven't noticed any major differences between Hiko 12 and Hiko 13's script so far (nor Kyouta and Kenshin's for the matter). It's rather funny how Hiko 12 would trick Kyouta the same way Hiko 13 tricked Kenshin. Maybe such a prank calls for recycling.

I guess it's too early to comment on anything further right now, though.
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
Hiko XII seems to share some physical attributes with Kenshin. That makes me wonder if Hiko XI wasn't another superhuman giant like XI.

Update soon!