Reviews for Masochistic Me
slightlyxjaded chapter 2 . 12/25/2015
Wow. That was wonderfully dark. Clearly Death knows the best ways to torture Remy's psyche. He really is playing on the masochistic tendencies of Remy and Remy's guilt that he constantly carries with him. I do wish that you would continue this after all these years. I love me some happy endings, but it seems that even if Rogue succeeds in tearing Death away from Remy, Remy will still be beyond damage. Because Death is right, this will stick with Remy. Thank you for writing this wonderful piece!
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 2 . 9/3/2011
This is good and its nice to see a fic including and using the Death situation and personality since its, surprisingly, almost never written about.
jessjess3377 chapter 2 . 2/23/2011
A very unique story indeed I like it I hope you decide to continue it
MarySioux chapter 2 . 11/16/2010
I think this is a very interesting idea, I hope you continue it
Crysania Fay chapter 2 . 11/5/2010
Interesting. I like how you don't have Rogue blaming Remy for this whole thing. I hoe that you update this eventually. I noticed that it hasn't been since 09, but I know that that doesn't always mean that a story is abandoned... _ Hope to see more.
Lucky's Girl chapter 2 . 9/26/2010
Hi,

I like the plot of this story a lot! I think that you should definetely continue, you are very good with their characterization, and I think that it will be interesting to see what comes of Remy, Rogue, and Death. Thanks!

~Lucky
SassC HiJinx chapter 2 . 2/26/2010
I haven't read too many fics dealing with Remy as Death, and I think it's a shame. There are so many ways to deal with his decision (betrayal?) to become Death and the aftermath of it.

Which why I really enjoyed your story so far. You have to continue! The way you capture the multitude of emotions that Rogue, Remy and Death are going through is amazing and so palpable. At one point, you almost had me falling for Death's "charm." I can only imagine how Rogue keeps herself in check. I'd hate to see this one languish, there's soo much potential here.
scribblemyname chapter 2 . 9/3/2009
It's amazing. Rogue is one of the few people that truly understands that one body can hold two minds, separate, yet so twistedly similar. She can separate out Death and Remy because she's experienced as much herself (different, but similar). It's amazing into both of their psyches, horrible, beautifully written, seductive... You've drawn me in and I don't think I really want to come out too soon. Keep writing. You're amazing.
Sweetcornbee chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
Holy cow. I so want to know what happens. Please oh please continue.
Random chapter 2 . 5/10/2009
Wow. I mean, W-O-W, this is so friggin intense ). I love Gambit, I love introspective stories, I L-O-V-E angst, and I adore when the three come together *grin*. Your story gave me the chills (the good kind)) and I don't think they're going away anytime soon. It's so great that you've decided to explore this whole aspect of Death twisting and trying to destroy the remainders of Gambit's personality (I really think you're the only one on ff net venturing into the subject, finding your story made me go *skwee* and bounce on the chair like a loon XD - I love it when one has to fight against one's evil alter ego), and I applaude you for going about it in a mature honest no-corner-cutting way, because none of it can - by its very nature - be pretty, and trying to soften it up would, in my opinion, make the whole thing feel fake. And I totally love that you're not having Rogue be just a typical victim of a maniac, she's strong-charactered, keeps her head about (as much as anyone can be expected to under the circumstances, and then some) and she's actually making plans of her own - which I'm hoping will, no *must* work (waves Save-Gambit flag madly). You language is great, couldn't find any typos or make-me-stumble sentences, the whole thing has a polished shine - stories of that kind always make me smile. So please-please-please continue with this delicious story, I can't wait to see how it will unfold, don't reduce me to begging for updates (more than I already am XD).
kitsuK8 chapter 2 . 3/5/2009
this is such a great story! soo detailed! i love it! I just hope that in the end, Rogue accomplishes her mission, save Remy!
Prexistence chapter 2 . 3/2/2009
this is truely a beautiful fic. Even through all the torture they go through they always love and try to save each other. I can't wait for u to update again and hope it is soon!
ishandahalf chapter 2 . 3/2/2009
ah, glad to see more of this. which seems a bit of an odd thing to say, when i think about it - i mean, yay for more torture? lol. despite the horrific nature of it all, it's fascinating to see rogue's strengths (and weaknesses) shine through here. great glimpse into her psyche, i loved it. you always write her so well, so i was definitely pleased to see more from you. :)
Road chapter 2 . 2/28/2009
WOW.

holy shit that was intense! You're an awesome writer!

Please update!
Me chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
I was a little put off by the "Rogue is the victim again" aspect but your writing is so captivating that I read around it. Definitely has the WOW factor! I'd be too curious to miss further chapters.