Reviews for What the future holds
This is the real deal chapter 17 . 1/12
You know, I kinda take back what I said about not needing to update this. I really miss Medabots fanfic, and I see why this has been left in the dust too. The last couple of chapters you got didn't seem to get any reviews for something and I don't know why since this was always the fic I looked at back in the day as stealing all my reviews when I was writing my arguably terrible Medabos fic (okay I know that's not really how it works but that's kinda how I pictured it in my head), but now I guess the Medabots fandom is pretty empty? I dunno, I haven't stopped by there in a while... That, and I don't really read any of your other fandoms that you still write in so this is all I can read of yours sooooo there's that...

"I can read it [his expression] alright. I just like to see him steam." This line, THIS LINE RIGHT HERE, was perfect! But I think I know what you mean by how the two halves feel a little different. It's very subtle, and I can't exactly tell where it splits, but it feels like somewhere a bit before that line is the big jump.

Problem identified though: there's very little indication of a change of scenes between Jessy and company and Nick. Actually, there's NO indication. No line break, no double spacing, no weird dot things or even ellipses. It's really jarring and just overall not a nice sensation. Don't do that. Indicate scene changes somehow. Anyhow as long as we know as it happens.

This scene seemed kinda filler to me. Same with the last actually, but this one in particular because at least in the last you see the face off between Nick and generic-villain-protagonist-dude and that they're both hiding something, but here nothing progresses or changes. It just stayed with a near pointless camp chapter. Now I do understand why. When I return to old fics, it's really hard to get back into them, especially if it's a story I don't particularly like anymore, so the first couple of chapters tend to just kinda become... mediocre I guess.
This is the real deal chapter 16 . 1/12
Whoa, you still exist?
Sorry, that doesn't make much sense. I've just been going back over my old fics that I loved back in the day but were actually terrible and, well, 'correcting' my old reviews, but I was kinda surprised that this one wasn't bad. It actually still holds up pretty well! I've gotten a lot better at reviewing (and writing in general... I'm so sorry for asking you to read my horrible fanfic...) so let's go!

The dialogue for the most part is pretty good. Like, I don't have any major qualms or anything, and Metabee's dialogue in particular is good. It's a little hard to get Metabee JUST right as some people just kinda insert a few catchphrases and some vaguely gangsta era lingo into his speech and be done with it, but this is closer to the original than most. He's fun to read and listen to. The same goes for Jessy. I can't remember a lot about Jessy but I remember her being one of the girl protagonists I liked more on fanfic for being pretty unique and different. I dunno anymore, but REFUSING a Robattle due to loyalty to your family is pretty out there for a medafighter, and I actually liked that! The problem then stems from Nick and Kamari.

Does... does ANY teenager talk like Kamari, Japanese or not? He sounds absurd. He talks like a plank of wood is stuck in his teeth or like he's TRYING to be a 90s TV show villain, even when he's sounding polite. I wouldn't be surprised if he said "shalln't" or some other weird variation I can't quite recall the spelling of instead of "shall not". Like "You and I are destined to battle with a wider audience..." You don't get the right to talk like this unless you're Vergil from Devil May Cry 3.

The action scene was pretty good, it definitely felt fast paced and rapid, much like a real robattle. I feel like it felt a little bland though, and it wasn't very descriptive or immersing, but it's overall okay I think.

Ha! Mr. Referee got shut down! Shame though, this is kinda his job. Actually, how exactly IS he paid? Is he paid per each match? Hmm...

Anyway, it's obviously not as glistening and shiny as when I first read this, but it IS still a good fic! You seem to have an infinite number of projects that you're working on though so I'm not even gonna bother telling you to continue this one, but it would be pretty cool if you did I guess because this was fun. Good stuff!
bajy chapter 19 . 12/30/2016
I was totally not expecting this
I absolutely love the story so far!
its great!
What will happen next?
I am very much looking forward to reading more soon!
Netbug009 chapter 17 . 7/13/2016
It's neat watching your style evolve!
Netbug009 chapter 13 . 7/13/2016
I'm a bit confused. if Ness regulars the megabit museum, how did she not know about her dad being in the championships?
Netbug009 chapter 19 . 7/13/2016
Update soon!
Netbug009 chapter 14 . 7/13/2016
Gonna take a wild guess that Phantom X is Nick.
Netbug009 chapter 13 . 7/13/2016
Netbug009 chapter 17 . 7/13/2016
It's neat watching your style evolve!
Netbug009 chapter 19 . 7/13/2016
Update soon!
Netbug009 chapter 14 . 7/13/2016
Gonna take a wild guess that Phantom X is Nick.
Netbug009 chapter 12 . 7/12/2016
Gee, I wonder who the Shadow was. XD
Netbug009 chapter 7 . 7/11/2016
You surprised me with Sumilidon! There were a lot of spelling errors in this one though. You should reread your chapters before you post them instead of relying too much on AutoCorrect.
Netbug009 chapter 4 . 7/7/2016
There's a few spelling errors and missing words so you might want to look over your chapter again. Anyways, what the heck happened to make Ikki do this?
James Birdsong chapter 19 . 4/1/2016