Reviews for Lost At Sea
BillyV chapter 9 . 2/26/2009
Wow! This is an amazing story; you've done an awesome job capturing everyones voices and anxities. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Tangled up in Blu chapter 9 . 2/26/2009
I don't typically reveiw but the conversation Rodney had and John's responses to Rodney's answers was just awesome and soo on the mark. Excellent job.
msdarque chapter 9 . 2/26/2009
Despite the angst & other stuff, I found this chapter more funny.. with McKay predicting & knowing John's moves & reactions, & John's reactions to those.. ;) My favorite part.

For me, who has read the previous stories, it was easy to follow.

Now I'm looking forward John watching McKay's every step because, honestly, doesn't he do that after McKay has been injured & he couldn't do anything to help at that time.. LOL

Anyways, I'm sure you'll continue true to yourself & thus I can't wait to read some more - you have a good style.

Congrats & lots of stars!
Silverthreads chapter 9 . 2/25/2009
Excellent chapter. Although nowe I've got "Early in the morning..." running slapdash through my brain...
hellomynameisidontknow chapter 9 . 2/25/2009
I love this story! You do such a good job. :)
sentarla chapter 9 . 2/25/2009
was hoping you would mention the uncles in this story :-) found it strange at first going back to shepard pov at the start. I think it was becuase the lorne pov did not seem dated, so I assumed it was happening right after we left rondney, not before time to lead into shepard pov, don't worry only threw me for a few seconds and then I dived right back in :-) THanks for the reply, it is always special when an author takes the time to reply and you made me really laugh with the last sentence. Great chapter, I was on the edge of my seat when they found rondney. thanks and have a good night/day
umino-gaara chapter 9 . 2/25/2009
That was good. Being in that huge ocean all by yourself, thinking that you may never get found. Very scary. And Rodney doesn't even have the ability to die from drowning when tired, so it would be prolonged by quite a bit. Luckly he has some really smart and determined people looking out for him.
Sqweakie the Wonder Mouse chapter 9 . 2/25/2009
Sqwee! That was great! I know I keep saying this but I absolutely love your writing. That was so...I don't have the words to express how awesome that was. Just imaging Rodney alone out there, singing and ranting and just talking, not knowing if anyone could hear him... and I liked the little tie-ins with Still Waters. They're all together but I'm assuming they're not out of trouble yet. Amazing as always.
Kit-SGA chapter 9 . 2/25/2009
Awsome chapter!
Korilian chapter 9 . 2/25/2009
I loved the reference to still waters! The radio monologue was fantastic and I got a special thrill when I realized how well you set up the damage to the jumperbay to explain why they couldn't come for him sooner! And your explanation for finding him at all was very clever as well. Nice one. I hope you're a long way from finished with this :)
Sqweakie the Wonder Mouse chapter 8 . 2/25/2009
Oh no! Chapter Seven was intense but Chapter Eight had to be the best one yet!

I immediately was sucked into the place Rodney was and could feel his panic. I completely get some of his fears (the whale thing is understandable). And then you switch pov...OMG! Sheppard just standing there... only able to listen as his best friend is lost and alone and he can't talk to Rodney. That almost broke me!

And you delivered! Sheppard finally whumped (emotionally and physically) and Rodney lost and alone. Can't wait to see where you take us from here.
Blue Shadowdancer chapter 8 . 2/25/2009
To me, the thought of floating by myself in or on an ocean is terrifying, so poor Rodney! And hurt, too, and completely lost... Not that I have anything against hurt Rodney, as long as he remains alive...

Anyway, I really loved how he just had the mike and not the earpiece, I was wondering for the whole of the first scene if they could actually hear him or not. Knowing that they can hear him, I'm not sure that his monologue would make them worry much less about him, though! I liked how he decided that he was perfectly entitled to panic, and how he refused to throw away the tool belt, even though it would help him. And the section about how he hated being vunerable and calming himself down by imagining John raising an eyebrow at him - loved that.

I really liked too how you used Miko's perspective to show John and Zelenka, especially their confrontation, and her thoughts about Rodney. And I laughed at DeBoer and the lycra line :]

Again, great chapter, and I really hope you update soon! :D
Blue Shadowdancer chapter 7 . 2/25/2009
Everything was going suspiciously smoothly up until now, but I wasn't expecting that... (although I suppose the clue is in the title :P) The first section was wonderfully tense, and I loved that John and Rodney still found time to bicker, as always! Great image of Rodney holding on between the window and the shield, I can picture that really clearly.

I have to agree with John that by the end of the chapter, the situation really does seem to be FUBAR... I'm wondering first whether it actually will be as easy to get the jumper to surface as Zelenka thinks, and I'm very very worried about Rodney out there on his own somewhere, so I'm going to read the next chapter right away! Really enjoyed this one, of course :D
Wagthedog chapter 8 . 2/25/2009
Loved this chapter! When I found out they were listening in the jumper, I went back and read Rodney's monologue with that in mind.
Blue Shadowdancer chapter 6 . 2/25/2009
I can send reviews again! :)

Loved this chapter, especially with McKay's continued way of giving everyone only as much information as he considers they need to know, and John having to almost prise it out of him. Also Zelenka providing variably helpful commentery (his comment about the ocean being like coffee made me laugh) and being told to shut up was funny, and very in character for both of them! So was Rodney sulking at not being able to attach the radio and telling himself that he *would* have been able to...

Also loved the underwater scene, very atmospheric, and I liked the way both men felt that the other's tone of voice 'shouldn't' be able to be heard. John's nervousness at what was going on with Rodney was really good too, as was Rodney's annoyance at it!

I'm worried about what might have happened back on the city, and what Rodney's problem is... but thanks to the couple of chapters that have just popped into existance I won't have to wait long to find out! :]
128 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »