Reviews for Purple Pen
Satellites on Parade chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
Your HA fanfics make me more ridiculously happy than any others I have read. This one is no exception. I adore it. Buying her a new pen is such an Arnold thing to do. 3
That Dumb Wolf chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
This reminds me so much of myself at times. My favorite pen is carefully protected. XD

The writing is superb and the interaction is adorable. I can clearly see Arnold feeling guilty enough to buy her a new pen, but adding in that sneaky P.S. just to show her that he can one up her if he really wanted to.
the-lionness chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
It was so good! I loved it. I almost wish it was more than a one-shot-almost because I realized that if I wanted more, then it may lose it's uniqueness. :)
AngelicFairy chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
Very cute and you characterized them well. It's just how I'd imagine they'd act being older.
sporker101 chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Aww, this was very sweet. I enjoyed reading it.
weartheseshorts chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
Aw, not in love with this? But you have every reason to be. At least, I do. So sweet. So, so sweet. I loved this so much. It could be because this reminded me all too well of a similar incident with a pen *I* love to use (but there was no Arnold to give me a replacement), but, I don't think it's just that.

Your writing just seems to have a smooth flow and casual language that seems to perfectly reflect Helga's thoughts, though the little events seem to back this up as well; like, how Helga idly balancing the blue-ink pen shows that she isn't as careful with it or as loving toward it. But, I really think Arnold's letter was the one that hooked me. It was just so... Arnold. For lack of better word. Haha.

You never seem to fail. And here I am, finally catching up to your stories, falling in love with your writing all over again.

that's me

ahhelga

aka Pauline
cherrysakura5 chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
I giggled, smiled, and had small tears coming from my eyes. This is perfect. Your scene in the class reminded me of school three year ago. I loved the dialog, Helga's thoughts and Arnold and Helga's personality. It's a very cute and funny fanfic. I don't think Arnold was very cold to her though if he was i wouldn't blame him Helga and her Love/Hate disguise. I do think in the show that Arnold at least liked he as a friend and cared about her. If Helga wasn't so mean to him.. well you know what I'm going to say here. I'm glad to see that not all authors in aren't all "zomgzz i lovz u like 4 ever character makeovers!1"

5 stars. awesome work.
I-Can-Spell-Confusion-With-A-K chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
I love this so much! I only recently discovered that Hey Arnold fanfiction even existed and this is such a treat. It always killed me that we never got any resolution with poor Helga and Arnold...curse the need to cancel great kids shows and replace them with annoying crap! Great job, really!
kialajaray chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
I meant to post a review for this days ago but for some reason the site wouldn't let me, but i like this. Her paranoia about her pen is how I act sometimes. Good job

kialajaray
Sapphyre Snow chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
LOVE IT! I think it is way cute and characters are developed very quick which for a shorty is great! And sorry for the delay in review...i was so busy working 40-50 hours these past few weeks and then the site wasn't letting me review! It is working now and you are awesome!
Thundercatroar chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
Pure reading pleasure!

I love how you take something as simple as a regular pen and craft a beautiful story about human relationships and real feelings around it.

I love the way that just as we feel Arnold and Helga may never find each other, you always give us all a little glimmer of hope for them. That perhaps Arnold does see Helga as a little special after all.

I thought it was funny, but how entirely appropriate that Helga would be so concerned with the welfare of her (newest representation) of her "trusty purple pen". Helga's never really been one to demonstrate or share her feelings as all we true believers know, putwardly, so she wraps all that up in the only outlet for them, the pen.

It's almost like the pen is a delicious extension of herself, and in turn it is Arnold's grasp.

How wonderful I also found it that Arnold gave Helga a monogrammed purple pen as a replacement. Now she has someting even more sacred to trust her thoughts with, and an object of her beloved that she doesn't need to secret to cherish.

It makes me think anything she would write with her pen now would be like an MC Escher drawing but comprised of words. All beginnings and no ends.

I know that makes no sense, please be assured that I meant it as complimentary.

I waited to give a review until my husband could read the story too, he passes on his compliments and thanks you. He is a GIANT Civil War buff, and he enjoyed the mention of Antietam because one of his distant relatives fought and died in the battle on the side of the Confederacy.

I love your chapter stories, but I earnestly hope that you never tire of favoring us with your absolutely brilliant smaller fics! They are like well wrapped Birthday and Christmas presents combined, and are always a welcome surprise.

'Roar
Lotusnapper chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
Wonderful! I like how Arnold aplogy to Helga is a purple pen with her intials engraved into it,( so sweet).

Well written and well portrayed.

Peace.
Jae B chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
Hey, I really liked this, so be so down on yourself, ok? You didn't need the song, but it's a nice addition. Keep up the great work.

-Jae-
robin's clone chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
This was so cute! I loved the purple pen, it made me feel a lot less lame for having a favorite pen. And for some reason I was reminded of that line from "Say Anything" about "I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen." Only the pen in this story is much better.
Gabzilla chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
Absolutely adorable, as usual.