Reviews for And sometimes it has to hurt
smexualbeast chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
really clever
starfish36M chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Interesting.
xBlownxAwayx chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
I always thought McGonagall was fond of Harry. :)
sammyfish chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
Fascinating.
carolinesayer chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
That was SO GOOD! Aw! :D Thankyou, I really loved it! Poor Harry, after that maze I would have been KILLING myself over everything! I'm watching it now actually :D Aw... I do actually feel a bit sorry for Ron.. anyway, thankyou! Really good! And sweet :D xx
FloatingWithoutPurpose chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
Oh this is really good! More please!
Katheryn Mae chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Just wonderful! Hope you write more!

Katheryn Rose (formerly tabbyhearts/also under the same username on the ADMM board)
BellatriaMusica chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
Lovely. Both Harry and Minerva are wonderfully in character, and this would have fit right in with GoF...it's a pity JKR never wrote something like this in the book. Great job!
Missing Linka chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
I love Minerva and I love it when she talks to Harry ... It's a shame that JKR didn't let them talk very often ...

THX

God bless you!

Thara
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
I love scenes that fit in with and deepen canon, and this story works very well in that way. The Harry / McGonagall interaction is believable, and Minerva is nicely in character (something I'm a stickler about). She's understanding, yes, and even sympathetic - but only in her own unsentimental, tough, and surprisingly (to some) effective way.

There are some minor punctuation and format errors. For example: "Charming." She said -Should be a comma and no capital letter: "Charming," she said Same with “Sorry.” He mumbled. - should be "Sorry," he mumbled. (There are a few other instances of this pattern, too.)

And in this line, "Madame Pomfrey opened her door carrying three viles," the word should be "vial." (Although I suppose the potions probably taste vile enough!)

Overall, I quite enjoyed your Minerva and this story.

Lines I like:

"And save absolutely everyone." She seemed slightly proud of the ridiculousness of it.

McGonagall was a strange kind of company, but she was company all the same.

"How many greatest dark wizards of all time?" she asked and he nodded, "Oh, more than I can count." (should be a period after "nodded," though)
A-zla chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
a very nice story. It's very believable that it happened this way.
Chemistress chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
Hi, it's me again: I think you have done extremely well, imagining how Harry, Minerva (and Albus and Poppy) must have felt that night. It sounds so right, that I declare this for myself to be a "missing scene" and put it into my C2, which collects such stories that fit canon very well.
Umbridgeskitty chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
A very touching and enlightening fic. I've actually just finished reading Goblet of Fire again so this was nice to read. I always think of Minerva McGonagall as a female version of Dumbledore and you made her very much like here.

Well done.
Emerald447 chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
Aww! That was so good! And I loved the way you kept Mcgonagall in character! Most stories about her on here are so unrealistic! I would like you to continue with this story! How did Minerva understand Tom Riddle? But I spuppose a one shot is good as well! Wow excellent job! ] Minerva is my favourite!