Reviews for Kill and Save Me
SunshinePony37 chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
Ah. Ed CAN be a sweetie can't he?

Great work on Ed's part of this. I can really see him saying this. But where you had him say, 'don't be silly' I would've had him say 'don't be stupid'. Heh. Sometimes he's very critical... Okay not sometimes. Almost ALL the time.

Still, his dedication to Al and both the logic and sentimentality of it is dead on. Nice writing. :)
TheWaffleMonster chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Oooooh, this is a real gem :) This sounds nice and also pretty in-character; I can hear this...well, maybe not coming out of Ed's mouth (he's not really the best with speaking sentiment) but I'd say this is a good look into how he thinks of Al.
I really like the quotes at the beginning, especially the one by C.S. Lewis.
Write more! Write soon!
HolyCowWorshipper chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
*sigh* ;_; I read this before I had an account. I understand it more now; I get the brothers more.

This one just makes me smile. I just want everyone to read it.

Favorite lines: "Hearing his voice call me "Brother" makes every moment worthwhile. And I'm not earning any of this with my hard work. It's not Equivalent Trade, so it's not that I'm getting it in exchange for anything I've done. It's a gift, pure and simple. It's a gift I'll never deserve, but always treasure."

Also, oh mai. :I That last review by BecauseHeroesNeverDie: "The whole time I was reading this I swear I heard Vic Mignogna talking in my head." - ...C: If Vic comes to a con here, do you mind if I print this and suggest a recital, if he has time? Unless you got a more suitable fic? I could give it/them to him one day and then he could read the one he liked the most the other day. It would be the most amazing thing ever...
BecauseHeroesNeverDie chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
The whole time I was reading this I swear I heard Vic Mignogna talking in my head. The voice was so direct, so Ed, so amazingly in character that I could hardly believe it. You're very good; there's no doubt about that.
The Chocolate Alchemist chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
Very in-character, I liked it :D
Hollow Mashiro chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Wow... It's... so deep... I'm really choked up with emotion right now... I can't believe how well you describe Ed's feelings...

Himitsu Miko chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
huh...this oneshot kinda makes one stop and think. but in a good way, of course. but, what were you and your friend talking about, anyways, that would spur this fic? i mean, it's intricate and deep and beautiful in it's own way, but what conversation could possibly spur something like this?

love it, it's really beautiful

Agatsuma Ritsuka chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
Deep, really it's deep.
EllaAngel chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
Oh my goodness, that was amazing. I wish everyone understood this.

Allow Me To Speak chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
"Just being with him, knowing that he loves me, that I’m the single most important person in his life, is worth a thousand years of blood, sweat, and tears. Hearing his voice call me “Brother” makes every moment worthwhile. And I’m not earning any of this with my hard work. It’s not Equivalent Trade, so it’s not that I’m getting it in exchange for anything I’ve done. It’s a gift, pure and simple. It’s a gift I’ll never deserve, but always treasure.

I love my little brother. I depend on him completely. I can’t see how anyone could honestly call that a weakness.

Alphonse is my whole world. And the world is a vast place, isn’t it?"

...Wow... That was beautiful... You did a good job of Ed's point, and you have so many beautiful reasons, logic, and arguements all on the concept of something that in itself is a miracle... THat was simply fantastic. ] It was a joy to read. 3
JoPo08 chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
Exactly. That is was love is.

Now, wonderful story, but now I'm tempted to ask of Al's perspective of the same thing.
Kame-tan chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
wow this is really cool! bravo! well said! I can easily imagine Ed saying all of this stuff
bmystee chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
I am...speechless... This was extremely well written. Very realistic and in character. I think everyone just needs that little set back from all the wild fantasies out there, just once in a while. Again, very well written and hope you do more!

Silver Souhait chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
Your stories are still a breath of fresh air. It's hard to find any fics that measure up to your standard of writing. Don't worry, it flows just fine. More importantly, the content just plain works. It's beautiful.
NewMoonFlicker chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
You kill me, you know that?

*bursts into tears*

Really, you never cease to amaze me. You caught a lot of what I had been thinking about already, and used imagery and description I had never considered. Like the automail example - awesome. Just plain awesome.

I read this and I see is Ed saying "This is a weakness, a chink in my heart, but I chose not to see it as one. Everyone has something to give their lives meaning. This is mine."

This reminds me so much of my siblings in several ways, especially the "even when we're at each other's throats or when he irritates me so much I just want to scream" and the like. It is so like many sibling relationships, and definitely like my own. I know I've gone out into the garage and punched a door so hard I almost broke a few bones because I was ready to kill my brother, but then the next day I complement him on his beautiful piano playing like nothing had ever happened. If that isn't love, I don't know what is. Like you wrote, "I loved him before I could comprehend the concept of love..."

I REALLY love: "When you depend on someone, you give them your heart. You make yourself vulnerable to them. If they wanted, they could tear you to pieces and you might never heal. But there are people who will take your heart and treasure it, cradle it close to them and keep it warm. They'll protect it from any assult the world can make on it. They'll encourage it to grow, and it will grow so much larger and stronger than it ever could have on its own."

Well said. I honestly can make no comment on that, beyond its repetition. Perfect and befitting.

One thing I do know is that I hate my world when I'm looking out for just me. What kind of a life is that? It's disheartening and painful to live in a perception so small and shallow. And lonely is a pain everyone knows. But then you read something like this, and everything changes, in some small way. It brightens up and becomes bigger.

And just to hear Ed say "It's worth it" is all I really need. It heals some of the pain. If Al is marked as human for his compassion, Ed would be known for his sincerity and understanding concerning this. I believe it is a strength, not a true weakness, to love someone so intensely. It builds you up and breaks you down until you are someone completely new. Stronger and weaker. Bigger. Free.

Your last line is beautiful. Really, how do you do it?

You know what I'd really love to see, if I can be selfish and make a request? I'd love to see Al's perspective on the same thing. I'll be sure to show this to Star when she gets a chance to sit down and read it!

Stunning, as always. May you never lose your touch!