Reviews for A Different Light
Nikolai22 chapter 16 . 3/4
Worth reading I suppose...someone you did this dual pairing kinda like one then the other than back to the first
Nikolai22 chapter 11 . 3/4
Comment as if chapter 11~
Something you do very well is develope character relations without it being incredibly forced. I'm most of these romance stories things start when a character suddenly "realizes" how much they like someone and they are confused. That never feels real, those always feel like "well the reason you unexplainably feel this way is because the author wills it; of course."
But (for the most part). Your story doesn't just start with that, it is an actual development. Now don't get me wrong, you still did that a little bit. But for the most part you actually have believable feelings. Well done, sire.
Nikolai22 chapter 4 . 3/3
I'm 4 chapters in to this story and the dialog between Aang and Katara is TRAGIC...
Like, you know how someone can come in clutch? This is the opposite of clutch. This dialog and lack of understanding is right up there with
"Hey du-"
"I LOST MY WALLET!"
"Yea I know I fo-"
"YA GOTTA HELP ME FIND IT BRO!"
"Dude chill it-"
"PLEASE I CANT LOSE THAT CASH!"
"Bro chill! I came to say th-"
"WTF WHERE COULD IT BE!?"
"...I found your wallet."
"DUDE IF I DONT FIND MY WALLET I CANT LIVE ANYMO- wait wha?"
Except with Aang and Katara it's like she ping the wallet but now he doesn't have any way of contacting Aang. Tragic lol
Brisalad chapter 16 . 8/6/2015
Can I say how perfect this is? Because it is, through and through! Not at any one given moment did I dislike it because I didnt, but rather at every given moment I loved it. My heart swelled at all the emotions, at the closeness of their friendship, the arguments they had, all absolutely done in the best possible way. I personally am a kataang fan, but open to the idea of taang so this story had me interested. In the show we don't see much of their friendship grow as you've cleverly put into your story, so this fanfic was amazing in how they became so close, Toph's sarcastic remarks and in the same time as the title suggests we certainly see her in a different light, while in the same time you've kept her in character which might I add is pure genius! I loved seeing big strong Toph to be caring and harbour concern for Aang when he was hit and needed to recover, I loved reading about how serious their arguments get but they still make up. This story shone with absolute awesomeness and I want to thank you a million times for writing it, this has by far got to be my most favourite and best fanfiction stories I've ever read (and that's saying something because I've read lots). You've got true skill at being a writer and author. I can in my mind see this as having a sequel but certainly not essential since you've ended it in a wonderful note, I loved how you incorporated a couple scenes from the show and bent them into your fantastic story, brilliant thinking from a brilliant author. Now I'm going to stop there otherwise ill be going on a rant on how amazing your writing is and you probably will get bored, so this brings my review to a close as I say I'm definitely putting this on my favourite list. Also I must say I loved how it wasn't ridiculously filled with lovey dovey stuff, but rather had a small reasonable, realistic amount - also genius!
Queen-Of-The-SuperNatural chapter 16 . 6/8/2015
I loved the story, there is no denying that.
... but I kind of would have appreciated the heads up that the story ends with kataang. You got my hopes up in the midst of the drama there.
You know, as you may have noticed, I do not ship kataang. However, this story is simply a rare exception of mine. Too wonderful a storyline to pass up.
I guess it doesn't really bother me that much that kataang ended up the finale shipping, because I actually shipped them when I first watched the show... And then everything came crashing down when they actually kissed. Somehow it's always less appealing if something actually happens, and the yearning for something different becomes overwhelming. And so I stopped liking Aang and Katara together, and starting looking into new possibilities. I was much more satisfied with taang and zutara than kataang, because it's something that will never happen, but could have.
And as you can see, I'm very good at rambling. If I had continued on with my views on avatar shippings, you could have very well read a long one- shot on why pairings are fit and why they are not. Still rambling. I'll stop now.

Again, great story.
...Okay, bye...
AgiVega chapter 16 . 12/13/2014
I have never seen much potential in Taang, never felt the chemistry between them, but since it was you who wrote this fic, I wanted to see if you could make me get interested in Taang. Only because you wrote it. And I'm glad I read the fic. It was truly great. But naturally I loved the ending most. Yay, Kataang!
Guest chapter 16 . 8/29/2014
Why did you list this story as aang/toph when he ends up with katara?
La Lectora de Libros chapter 16 . 7/20/2014
Reconozco que al principio no quería leer este fic precisamente porque era Taang, verás, yo soy definitivamente una kataanger, tengo una obsesión por la serie y por la pareja. De verdad que si Aang y Katara no hubieran terminado juntos no me hubiera gustado para nada la serie. Sin embargo, cuando terminé leer tus fics kataang quise seguir leyendo cosas tuyas sobre avatar y bueno... este fic quedaba. Debo decir que me encanto el fic, realmente no esperaba que me gustaba, generalmente cuando leo cosas como fic zutara prácticamente me pongo a llorar de la rabia y decepción. Pero he descubierto que, el taang es una muy linda pareja. En serio, después de leer este fic me puse a leer otras historias taang, fueron pocas historias las que llegué a leer, pero igual me gustaron. Toph y Aang son una combinación rara, son completamente diferentes, con pasados muy distintos, pero eso es lo que los hace especiales. Incluso creo que me has animado a escribir un fic taang apenas me sienta cómoda en fanfiction. También noté que tienes otro fic taang que empecé a leer pero, francamente, no creo tener la fuerza de voluntad para terminar de leerlo tomando en cuenta de que Katara murió... Simplemente soy demasiado kataanger para sopórtalo.
En fin, este ha sido un fic excelente, me hubiera gustado un poco más kataang y un poco más de el punto de vista de Katara y sus sentimientos hacia Aang, pero supongo que así está bastante bien.
Adoro tus fics, y realmente espero ver más historias tuyas pronto.
moosejuice5 chapter 16 . 3/16/2014
i'm sooooo disappointed with the end of this story, i keen he ended up with HER, i knew that was a possibility going into this fic but if you were going to do that you could of at least put her into a few chapters, apart for the start and very end she was barely their
Kombinant chapter 16 . 12/16/2013
I must say I was disappointed with the ending, but that's the Taang shipper in me being whiny. What this fic truly is is a wonderful piece of writing that captured the characters beautifully and wove a story that I truly loved. The interactions between the characters were spot on, I could hear their voice in my head!

Excellent story, my friend! I plan to check out your other works.

Wonderful job!
Kombi
dragoncreators chapter 14 . 9/19/2013
This was a really great and wholesomly Toph-aang friendly chapter!
dragoncreators chapter 16 . 9/19/2013
Fantastic and Awesome story! I loved it! even if Taang didin't happen it was still very special.
dragoncreators chapter 13 . 9/19/2013
Damn, just when katara decides, she loses him... I never liked the couple of katara and aang, she treats him like a child and a little brother, she respects him, yet she doesn't... it wouldn't work.
dragoncreators chapter 9 . 9/19/2013
I knew it as soon as I heard that he had a reason not to come to her... poor little bei fong...
dragoncreators chapter 6 . 9/19/2013
I guess you really have to know toph to know when she's joking and when she's hurt or serious... I'm pretty sure she was joking when she said 'not in a million years' O.o