Reviews for A Father's Ire
Terahlyanwe chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
Yeah, you tell her, Isshin!

hehe
Rake1810 chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
I'm not a fan of Ichi/Ruki but this one shot was fantastic.
darklover chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
This was well written. Isshin's words were so true and I'm glad he told them to Rukia. She needed some sense spoken to her.
Kaileychicago chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Awesome story. Some people say Ichiruki would never work out because she's dead..yet Ichigo's DAD was dead and had kids with a human. I love how Isshin was like "Either way… don't tell yourself there was nothing you could have done differently. Don't tell yourself you had no choice. Saying those things is a choice. So if you're going to break Ichigo's heart like this, then don't tell yourself those things because they are excuses for your own cowardice, and you know it."
MrsKurosaki x chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
Fantastic story! It's the first time I have seen some common sense beat into Rukia, instead of the usual 'I'm leaving because Soul Society told me to' bullcrap. And I loved how you potrayed Isshin with the subtle hints of his protective-ness of Ichigo :3

Thanks for writing this story. Are planning to continue it? It would be great if you added another chapter with insight on what Rukia will do next.
Goku's Daughter chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Wow that was really good ) I would definitely like to see some sort of sequel to this, but I guess that's obvious - Rukia would fight for him upon realization that yes, shinigami can be with a human.

Great writing! Keep up the good work.

GD

xx
VioTanequil chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
Brilliant!
midnightwaters chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
Oh my god that was just beautiful and awesome. Although I felt that you should've at least continued it and had Rukia talk to Ichigo again after that confrontation with Isshin. But still...great fic.
Peter chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
I look forward to another chapter
Guardian Writer chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
...ah...ah...AH!

Oh my God! That was AMAZING and so BEAUTIFUL! The way he kept pounding on her, to make his point, to convince her, I LOVE IT!

I don't know how you did it Jessie, but that was breathtaking.

Probably the fact that I love this pairing made it even better.

I also loved...(more like hated, I hate when they get mad at each other)...the argument in the beginning. It was completely convincing.

Smiles and Stars,

guardianwriter
Imaginarivalued chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
It shames me to admit that I've taken quite a liking to IchiRuki stories, and while it's not exactly the most original of settings, it's interesting enough that I want to know what happends next. Write on.
Emerald Tiara chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
This is cool, because it really shows that Isshin understands the differences between Shinigami and humans, and knows that Rukia can't use that as an excuse-maybe he's made the same mistake? or maybe he thinks she doesn't want to miss out on it because he was happy with Masaki. This story make you think.
gadez chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
beautiful
Saigo no Hajime chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
I love it! Serious!Isshin is always great, and he (and Masaki) are living proof that a Shinigami and a human can have a relationship. There are tons of fics in which Rukia leaves Ichigo because of the 'two different worlds' argument, but hardly anyone ever acknowledges the cowardice involved in Rukia's decision. I've always seen the idea of Rukia leaving (even when ordered to do so) to be a betrayal of Ichigo, and all that he has done for her. As you had Isshin say here, Ichigo is willing to fight for Rukia, but Rukia isn't willing to fight for Ichigo. Great job putting this idea into words!

By the way, this works as a one-shot, but it might be interesting to see Rukia's reaction, both to Isshin's words and the fact that he is a Shinigami. Maybe we'll be seeing a second chapter in the future?
SheherazadeSohma chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
That was great. Hopefully that chat knocked some sense into her; Isshin can be scary when it comes to looking out for his kids. My only complaint is that it isn't longer. It's fine ending where it is, but perhaps an addendum showing whether or not Rukia tells Ichigo she's willing to make things work?