Reviews for Perdition
rahne2 chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
How perfect. Dean through Castiel's eyes. I do admire him, very much, though I'll never "get" him the way I get Sam.

And I've never envied him, having to handle angelic expectations and justifiable pride in his innate skills, while dealing with his self percieved failures and selfless nature. Dean is a hero in the finest sense, yet can't let it go to his head or he sets himself up for Zachariah's duplicity and manipulation. A hard line to walk for anyone, especially a man as giving and loving as Dean. Loved it.
Muse-at-dawn chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
You were right I liked it (:

It seems like something Castiel may have been doing when Dean was 'reborn'

This is funny, I'm new in this fandom, so far I've reached episode 2x14, yet, I know what's happening.

Goes to favs, cause it was good and cause I like Castiel a lot (:
bhoney chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Wow. Just...wow. I have tears in my eyes and chills, this was such a beautiful story and you did a phenomenal job with it. So well done. It was really moving.

I loved the image you paint here of nature bowing to the will of God: "They fell without protest, knowing and accepting what was asked of them; it was their purpose to fulfill His Will, and nothing would tempt them away from that. So they bowed to that Will and died without a whisper."

I LOVED this: "The life had been bought with a price, and it was precious to his Father." Great reminder that we've all been bought with a price and are precious to God.

Loved this portrayal of God's love: "Castiel could understand why his Father loved the humans so dearly, so fiercely that it begot the existence of all he saw before him. All of it for them." It's nice to see some positive portrayals of God and the side of good. I've been a little unsettled with how the show's portraying both lately.

Loved this statement on the sovereignty of God: "The demon believed he had turned the child from Heaven’s purpose; and yet, all things were in the Father’s control."

I LOVED how you tied in the meaning of Dean's name. Excellent! And so apt, because names in the Bible are given so much weight. Great echo of Psalm 23: "From the valley, was its meaning. And yet, though Dean walked through the valley of the shadow of death, he should fear no evil, for the Father was with him." It gave me chills.

I loved this too, a glimpse at Dean's destiny: "This child, this man whom his Father had chosen...would be the bearer of great deeds from on high. This one from the valley had been lifted from the darkness to step into the light." Wow. Really powerful.

But this was my favorite part: "The strength in this child...was a gift from his Father, and it was beautiful. It broke through the darkness that surrounded the child, the darkness that had tried to claim him. There was nothing that the Father could not bring into his will; there was no darkness that could stand against His light. This child had been snatched from the brink of a black future and pushed into his destiny.

The demon Azazel had celebrated his victory over Heaven the night that Mary Winchester perished; this day the angels in Heaven sung of their Father’s victory. This child from the now valley belonged to Heaven and its purpose. No one could take him from the Father’s hands." Loved so many things about this section-the reminder that God is Light and nothing can stand against His light, the glimpse of Dean's destiny, the image of Azazel thinking he'd won when he killed Mary versus the angels singing of God's true victory. I especially loved the last line, and how reminiscent it is of John 10: 27-29.

Really well done. Lovely, lovely story. I'm adding it to my favorites.
AquarianNightSky chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
Very cool story. I like how you tied it in with your first story.

Sky
CaptainPixie chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
WoW! that was really groovy man :D
amyblair chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
Nice little fic. Short and sweet. Nicely done from Castiel's POV. You got a little something going on there, Holly.

You know, I have only had a beta for the last couple of stories I've written and I did just what you did - I wrote something and asked for a beta. I got a couple of takers. I chose mine, but I'll PM you the names of a couple of folks who offered.

Nice job with the story.
Aimed mischief chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
Damn. That was great.
me and Mr. Jones chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
I really like this story, i've never really thought about what Castiel was thinking when he raised Dean. Very nicely written and cool.
Periphrasm chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
Wow, I really like this one. I'm a huge fan of Castiel, so it's awesome to see something from his view. The ending was frggin awesome, by the way. And I love how you kind of did the opposite of your last story. Cool how Castiel thinks about Dean as a child,which really makes sense since he's completely ancient.

One of my favorite parts is the whole plant thing. That was just awesome, and it totally is a good explanation for why everything around the grave was toasted. And the whole thing with Dean's name was cool, too. Another nice story, Holly.
Phoenixed chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
Short, but good. I didn't catch onto too many mistakes, if you were worried about that. Definitely great to see something from Castiel's perception, I thought his tone was well carried with the writing. Too bad Cas didn't realize how piercing his sound was going to be for Dean. A great touch to this would have to be how the creatures and any form of life would give into God's Will without a whisper. Well written and very insightful as I never examined Dean's plot to have been deathly because of Life making a sacrifice so he could breathe again. Great work.
snchills chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
Cool story, thanks for sharing.