Reviews for Touch of Chaos
iamkagomeiloveinuyasha chapter 5 . 9/6/2009
oh mi gosh! EVERYBODY'S DEAD!

CARSON FREAKING KILLED JOHN!

O.O ...Rodney's gonna be in therapy for years
cflat chapter 13 . 6/14/2009
Great story! It was interesting to see what could have happened in the other alternate realities.
Jinxauthor Mel chapter 13 . 4/30/2009
Thank you for another wonderful story! Except for chapter 4, everything was very logically structured and made sense even though we traveled through different realities, so it provided easy and engaging reading. In particular I noted:

Regarding Chapter 2: Knowing (or at least suspecting) what the device was about to do, how come Rodney didn't figure out at once that his team wouldn't have been in the room with him?

Regarding Chapter 4: Jumpers don't have shields by Ancient design. Those were a development of the expedition's engineers inspired by the super-Wraith's modifications in 'The Defiant One'. In this reality, there'd only be a cloak available. (And *if'* the Ancients had been clever enough to install shields in all their Jumpers in this reality, then why would water enter the Jumper upon releasing the hatch? The door would lower passing through the shield, but the water should be held back by the force field.)

On a positive note, the Jumper Rodney went down with in 'Grace Under Pressure' held its own pretty well even without a shield, and in that same episode it was stated and shown that Atlantis had been resting on a plateau far above the depths to which that Jumper sank. (Remember, it had been sinking for over an hour before the window cracked!)

You are right however, that even said plateau was deep enough that the pressure would crush an unprotected human. I'm not sure the water pressure could be counteracted just by sealing the doors though, unless Rodney also established a positive air pressure bubble as in the GUP Jumper, but in this case I'll just suspend my disbelief. .~

I suppose the only way to fix all this (aside from outright disregarding canon facts, in which case you might want to clearly announce such) would be to let that lab area remain shielded and intact until Rodney is gone.

Regarding Chapter 5: The whole Genii encounter was great, the twist at the end certainly unexpected. Awful, but awesome.

Regarding Chapter 8: I love that last scene here and the sense of hope it brings. A legacy! That's certainly something to look forward to.

I also like the end very much, especially that single different digit in the comparison number. Since the archway is gone, this little discrepancy certainly provides a lot of 'what if's to think about. A great story that I thoroughly enjoyed reading.
Shelly chapter 13 . 3/28/2009
Great story Varda! The different realities were quite interesting and quite the challenge for poor Rodney. Like how you tied some of them in with episodes we have seen. Loved the whump much. Liked the twist at the end where we are not totally sure if Rodney really is back or not. At least he is where he can be happy judging by the end with him and Jennifer. Thanks for writing and thanks for sharing this story with us!
tishtash221 chapter 13 . 3/12/2009
Nice ending to the story with an interesting little twist there. Very sweet ending with Jennifer, looks like she'll help him to adjust to everything :)
angw chapter 13 . 3/10/2009
Back at last! Yay. But so much anguish...
vcg73 chapter 13 . 3/9/2009
Fantastic ending to a real roller-coaster ride of a story. Every chapter held some form of pain and terror for poor Rodney but the last one was the most painful of all. He'll never know for certain whether he's in the proper reality and the anguish over his myriad new scars and how Jennifer will react to this damaged version of him were very poignant. Rodney doesn't know how to live with everything he's been through, so he can't imagine anyone else wanting to either. I thought Jennifer handled the situation just right, not trying to challenge his feelings but just showing her total acceptance of him, good, bad and - to his mind - ugly. Nicely done.
ElisaD263 chapter 13 . 3/9/2009
What's this I read..."He had seen a single different number after the first minute." ...He isn't back to "his" reality!

Wow...didn't see that one coming! But good ending!

Love how you show how he was emontionally affected by all the horror he went through..flinching when Jennifer approched him, worrying about his scars, more realistic. And Jennifer there for Rodney, helping him to heal.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story with us! Looking forward to you next one!
The Watch Stander chapter 13 . 3/9/2009
Poor McKay! He really needed a hug after all he went through and a group one at that! Loved this story as always.
Whirlwind421 chapter 13 . 3/9/2009
Awesome story! You mean he's not in the exact right reality? That's kind of ruins the ending. Sort of but not really! I love the ending!
Delta Two chapter 13 . 3/8/2009
Wow! I can see a sequal following this story you know.
roseyangel chapter 13 . 3/8/2009
Bravo! this story has been wonderful, it's kept me on my toes throughout the whole thing, wondering where poor Rodney will end up next. You created the worlds so perfectly, giving us an insight of what could have happened in our reality.

Just to clarify, Rodney isn't at 'home', yeh?
voyfan7 chapter 13 . 3/8/2009
So he is close to home, but not quite there - oh well, he can live with it. Why do men think they are ugly with scars? Keller of all people would be used to it. Loved the last scene, Rodney needs help getting things through his thick head sometimes - HEHE. Now, new stories? YEY! Bring them on! :)
RodneyIsGodney chapter 13 . 3/8/2009
Wow! I almost couldn't finish reading this it was so sad. He didn't make it home to \his\ Jennifer. I feel so bad for her. And for the rest of his team, Atlantis(his Atlantis) just won't be the same without him. Also, I feel horrible for Rodney.

Very well written ending to a very well written story... BRAVO VARDA!
JperW chapter 13 . 3/8/2009
So was the number slightly different because Rodney's real reality had changed during his absence, or because he had, or because he is really in a slightly different reality?

I knew there was something like this coming. Why? Because you would choose/write a great ending to this amazing story. This was just one of them, but I just had a feeling. It was an amazing/awesome journey, with ups and downs, but utter entertainment.

I do have to ask, no epilogue? You know about a little mckay?

The McKeller part in your story was great, the mystery was awesome, the Rodney Whump was just all over it, balancing on the fine line between humanly possible or credibility and pure entertainment, turning into a "the edge of my chair" story which dragged me along, each time eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

This final chapter, was certainly strange at some times, very romantic at other times, scary and mysterious sometimes, too, but a more than worthy end (for now?) to your story.

My congratulations and thank-you, in huge appreciation and admiration, for this story!

Jasper