Reviews for Slip
Descended From Elves chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
Aww (: me likey 3
shan21 chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
I looooved this. Absolutely perfect little vignette. Ignore Caellach Tiger Eye. Good lord, talk about freaking out over the tiniest thing. That's her hang up. You rock and you shouldn't change a single thing about this. Thank you :)
ElizabethGMontgomery chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
Aw! I mean just complete Aw! :)

Lizzie
thunderings chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
I totally loved this. Good Nine/Rose fics that aren't smut are so hard to find! The ending was bittersweet, and although I certainly wish Rose couldlve said it back to him, I loved the end. Great job.
MajorSamanthaCarter chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
i loved that part! when they were dancing... so sweet! i love it all! keep writing!

:D MSC
NadaZilch chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
If only, eh? Nice.
the house of the rising sun chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
This is SO good.

And i love this bit:

He opened his mouth, grinning, to tell her he loved how she looked right now. To tease her of course or see how she would react, he told himself.

At least that was what he meant to say.

But what came out was “I love you.”

This is brilliant! Please write more Who stuff. :-)
montypython203 chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
Aw! So cute! I think this actually worked really well with Nine. Jack's reaction was great.
The Alternative Source chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
This was cute and simple. And you were right. It did fit better with Nine than Ten. Even though I love Ten/Rose. Good job.

Ciao.
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
Well written if short. I can see them all doing this, and for some reason I can even accept Nine saying those words to Rose. After all, it was the heat of the moment, and Nine needs to have said it! Besides, Rose HAD felt differently about Ten for a while, and that makes it all the more plausible. Well-described, good dialogue and characterisation - I especially LOVED Jack shuffling and the 'small cough, laughing'.

The only PROBLEM with this fic is continuity. I mean, come on!

It's not the Doctor saying the three words that gets me - it's that you set 'Boom Town' directly after 'The Doctor Dances'. Besides the 'New Adventures' spin-off novels set between these two episodes - which have Jack going on adventures with Nine and Rose - the series ITSELF references at least one adventure which the threesome have together prior to 'Boom Town'. And also, do you realise how familiar the characters were acting with each other. Honestly, they wouldn't be giving each other high-fives like a team if they hadn't prepared it beforehand and gotten to know each other better - the Doctor had only JUST started to put up with Jack in the end of the story. They need time to become mates.

Sorry if that came out harsh, really I am. It's just that I get so ANGRY with people who assume that the televised adventures are the only ones which the Doctor has - dialogue, unseen character development and the Dctors changing age (he was 749 with Sarah Jane Smith, 760 with Romana) make it clear that there's more going on. While I acknowledge that a number of stories 'lead-into' each other, some - such as these two - O just can't see happening. If you needed something for convenience (to break the suddenly tense mood), you should've had the TARDIS suddenly transport ehm to their next adventure. Just a suggestion, really, but be mindful of it.

Like I said, it Is well-written and I enjoyed reading it, just be careful of canon and continuity.

gODSPEED!
enigma-kar chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
Aww! A very cute little fic! I loved it! :D You've captured the Doctor perfectly, I think. I can so see him reacting like that!

Thank you for the great read!

Kar, xx