Reviews for Crown and Anchor
jupimako chapter 13 . 4/8
What a fascinating story. I wish there was more.
Thou shalt not fear chapter 13 . 7/28/2014
please, don't be dead. continue the story or i might just cry.
commonlustforcrazy chapter 13 . 2/3/2014
I need this.

So bad.
Demon's Requiem chapter 13 . 12/5/2013
For starters, I really like this fic :)

I know you've long since discontinued it, and that (as other reviewers have pointed out) there are numerous illogical flaws in C&A, but honestly... I do love it. In the end, it's fiction, and not everything has to make sense. Sometimes, you just want to have this idea and run with it - in this case, a total stranger claiming to know Naruto, showing up at his door and asking him out on a date. I like the idea, and I like the plot that was born from it, especially the characterizations. Plus, your writing style is great, so that's always a plus xD

I do wish you had the inspiration to finish the fic, or continue it, but I'm glad you at least posted this much. Thank you for writing :)
bridmatt chapter 1 . 9/13/2013
Yeah, what 123 said. Ditto to that person's reviews x1,000.

I kind of enjoy reading discontinued fics mainly out of perverse curiosity, sort of a what could have been kind of thing. So, even though the fic has been dropped, I'm going to leave a review anyway, in case it's of use to you for other writing projects.

In general, I would say you did the right thing by dropping this. I don't want to say the fic is outright bad, but there is *so* much of it that is illogical. Oftentimes, the characters' actions are so far removed from what real people would say or do that they turn into space aliens; they are no longer human beings.

I mean, my goodness, Sasuke showing up on Naruto's doorstep out of the blue and *repeatedly* demanding Naruto go out on a date with him BEFORE even introducing himself. Who does something like that? Why on earth wouldn't he elaborate on who he was, how he knew Naruto, and why he wanted to go out with him once Naruto indicated that he didn't know who Sasuke was?

Even worse than that was Naruto sending Sakura to deal with Sasuke! Sasuke could have been deranged for all Naruto knew, and he thought it was a good idea to send his young, female friend to deal with him *alone*? Again I have to ask: who does something like that? And why meet with Sasuke to "talk about Sakura"? What is there to talk about, didn't Naruto want to chase off his stalker? And why not just *tell* Sakura the truth about Sasuke, that he was some kind of stalker? Why put her potentially in further danger?

And why did it take Sasuke *until the end of the chapter* to realize that Naruto didn't know who he was? Wasn't it obvious the second Naruto failed to recognize him or react to hearing Sasuke's name? Why didn't it occur to Sasuke that Naruto might not recognize him, or that he might possibly have forgotten about him? Not only has it been years since they last saw each other, but they were children at the time, so they've probably changed a lot physically. Even if dating Naruto was eventually Sasuke's goal, you'd think he'd start off more modestly by introducing himself, explaining that he'd been searching for Naruto, and then asking if Naruto would be willing to meet with him so they could catch up. It's what anyone on this planet would do. (But clearly these characters are not from this planet, so they must be space aliens.)

That was just a brief discussion of the first chapter alone. The problem was, every chapter afterward had the same kinds of "why are they doing *that*?!" moments. I got the impression as I was reading this that you fell in love with the idea of a mysterious Sasuke showing up on Naruto's doorstep and demanding a date, then tried to build the fic around that scene.

I think you are a good fic writer - I started reading some of your oneshots and have been enjoying them - the main issue isn't really you as a writer, it's more like the premise of the fic was flawed to begin with and there was nowhere to go with it. If the point of the scenario was that Sasuke is mysterious and won't explain anything, there's only so far you can go with that. Seems to me, trying to justify and already-outlandish situation led to even more extraordinary outlandishness.

Well, I hope that provided some food for thought? It's too bad you are no longer writing for this series, but a lot of people have lost interest in this manga, so I understand where you are coming from on that. Good luck on your current fic writing!
kage kitsune no yami chapter 13 . 6/27/2013
I haven't read a Naruto fanfic this breathe-taking in a very long time. This is absolutely amazing! Oh my gosh, I hope you update this. I just can't wait to see what happens next. AmazingXD
Yuki-kyo-kira chapter 13 . 6/10/2013
Can't wait to read more!
musme chapter 8 . 1/31/2013
I like it
123 chapter 6 . 1/27/2013
He needed to call Neji, except he'd left his phone at home. Of course. And Sakura guarded her phone like a bitch guarded her pups. No way was he touching it. And there was no phone in the room, which went to show just how cheap the place was. No helping it-he'd have to go to the lobby and ask to use the phone there. Damn. It was freezing outside, too.
-they're being followed- possibly by people who want to hurt one or both of them- and naruto thinks that sakura would be angered by naruto using her phone- as if this were an ordinary situation- and what kind of idiot goes out alone if he's worried about being followed and possibly kidnapped/attacked/murdered_or worse- if he thinks it's sakura these people are after- why would he leave her alone and unprotected ? so that stuff doesn't make much sense.
- and why doesn't he question his friendship with sakura- she's keeping things from him- even though he's endangering himself by being with her (or so they think at this point). she can't tell naruto why she thinks she's being followed- and naruto just lets her get away with that ? and when he discovers that he's the one being followed why doesn't he tell sakura- so that she can stop worrying about her own safety ?
123 chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
so your naruto likes/loves sakura so much- that he'd set her up with a gay guy that actually wants him- and then he'd let the farce continue- he'd meet with sasuke a 2nd time and get unreasonably angry and allowed uchia to leave w/o asking about their childhood friendship_-this naruto sounds like a horrible friend and a terrible person- these weren't accidental fumblings- so your naruto is just a dick ?
koko chapter 13 . 12/26/2012
Updaaaateeeee pleaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !
StarscreamXBumbleBee1243 chapter 13 . 11/6/2012
omg, please finish this wonderful story soon! I love it!
kiki2222 chapter 13 . 10/19/2012
mabidiso chapter 13 . 10/2/2012
Coolest. Story. Ever. Holy hell. It started out so freakin' hilarious. Then it was sweet and adorable and every good, warm thing. Then it was verging on gothic romance mystery suspense. Then it was good old whodunit gumshoe film noire with fantastic violence and rage. So fantastically good. Sure wish it was finished, but man, do I ever love what you have here.
kaori kuni chapter 13 . 9/9/2012
wow this is like...the biggest pity ever, the pity of something this nice not being updated ever again. it was lovely while it lasted. good luck