Reviews for If I Knew You Then: Part 1
Aundielen chapter 16 . 4/20
Really enjoyed reading this story! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Aundielen chapter 11 . 4/20
Good job Tom for standing up to your dad!
Aundielen chapter 10 . 4/20
interesting dynamic there!
Aundielen chapter 8 . 4/20
Heh good heart to heart there
Aundielen chapter 7 . 4/20
Definitely got a good read on Tom there
Aundielen chapter 6 . 4/20
the last line from Paris lol good comeback
Aundielen chapter 5 . 4/20
lol of course torres would be at the top of her class
Aundielen chapter 4 . 4/20
Heh go figure that Torres would the one to make the first move in initiating their friendship
Aundielen chapter 2 . 4/20
You definitely got their banter down!
Aundielen chapter 1 . 4/20
Interesting premise to start with! Def into the story.
Heather Snow chapter 16 . 6/7/2011
Good stuff! Love the characterization and the back and forth between Tom and B'Elanna. I think this is a very believable what-might-have-been story. Already started on Part 2.
EstellaDoreaBlack chapter 5 . 4/26/2011
I like the Locarno references. Would you believe someone had to tell me the correlation existed before I picked up on it?
oakroot717 chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
It's a good story, but from your list of stories I think you need a change of story type. How about an AU story involving Janeway and Chakotay together, not Chakotay and Seven? Anyway, I thought you did a good job with Tores,and Paris was great. Keep up the great work.
Rat chapter 16 . 7/11/2009
That was a great story to read... moving along to the next part now
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 16 . 6/24/2009
Intriguing bit of work you have here, to say the least.

If nothing else, your reference to various other continuities or future events won you some not-insignificant points; putting aside your explanation for the connection between Tom and Nick Locarno (You know, the “Voyager” producers apparently thought about just bringing McNeil back as Nick before concluding that Nick’s actions made him irredeemable?), the parts with B’Elanna and Max Burke added in a VERY interesting touch (Particularly with B’Elanna’s brief ‘prophecy’ after she ended their relationship about how Burke would turn out).

Admittedly, I’m kind of disappointed that Tom and B’Elanna didn’t go all the way in their relationship, but you made a valid point about why they didn’t so I’m just going to ignore that and focus on the characterisation.

And as for the characterisation…

Your reasoning for how B’Elanna’s presence influences Tom to NOT take the post on the “Exeter” that he took in the ‘original’ course of events was, again, very well thought-out and clearly expressed; if anything else merited my admiration in this story, that was it.

An excellent start to a highly intriguing series; I look forward to seeing where things go from here.