Reviews for The Scarecrow
MaxPower chapter 1 . 3/25
...I really hope I'm not the only one who cried through most of the story...
piratequeenz chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
I accept this as my new headcanon. That Sherry interaction is perfect and wonderful and I accept this now. You are the best.
nizan uzumakie chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
great storie. i loved it.
Matchet Hatchet chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
You captured him, and the way he thinks, perfectly.
Lexicon chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Back in a Scarecrow mood so I had to come back and re-read this one. There's just not enough good Scarecrow stuff out there. More's the pity.
Shekiah Rosay chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
So original and beautiful - Jonathan is sadly misunderstood, but at the same time, the classical nerd archetype. xD

Good one!
DrakkenWasHere chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
I have always loved Scarecrow. He is one of my top favorites. In a way...he just feels real to me. Don't get me wrong, so do my other favs. But Crane has this aurora about him. Some would say fear, which I guess he would perfer. But I, however, think it's sadness and pain. I can't help but feel sorry for him. Not pity, I don't see how one can have that emotion. No, it's like the longing to give him a hug. To show that the world can be kind. (Also...my motherly instints make me want to cook him a nice dinner. That boy needs some meat on his bones!)

Which brings us to your story. You portrayed how real the character is. It's obvious he was abused, on many different levels, as a child. And because of that, ghe had to control his impulsives for years. The need to hurt, to destroy...to SCARE. Growing up, that's what the world did to him. I don't blame Johnathan for wanting to repay the favor.

Well...thanks for the great read. I enjoyed it.

Perched Upon a Bust of Pallas,

DrakkenWasHere
highland girl 1592 chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
This was awesome!You've captured Jonathan

perfectly.:)I liked that he was surprised

that he could still feel something when he

saw that poor dog dead by the side of the road.

And how later he would have offered Sherri

Squires 'the comfort of his body' when she

cried over the loss of her dog.I'm sure that

he wasn't thinking of sleeping with her,but

just to hold her.:How different would Jonathan

be if he had had just one friend growing up?

I'd like to think that his friend would have

been a girl if only...*sigh*:(

Loved your story!:)Will you write some more

like this? Maybe about when he was at Gotham U?

Perhaps he had Harley as a student,since she's

the only one of the Rogues who calls him

Professor the fact that she genuinely

likes him and respects him.:)
Twinings chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Wonderful ending. Wonderful entire story, really. But then, you never disappoint.

-3.0
Lexicon chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
I like this interpretation of the Scarecrow. I don't really know his back story but this really fits. Well done.
Jen Rock chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
Wow. This is a beautiful, haunting series of snapshots about important moments in Crane's life. They're all very well done but I particularly like the last one as well as the little Mad Hatter appearance. Great job.
Lady Assassin Moonbeam chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
Fantastic! I admire how well you characterize Jonathan Crane in pretty much every aspect of his life. It would have been interesting to see what his relation with his grandmother would have been like. However, I adore what you did. The tiny story snippets were a good idea. Two thumbs up!
PineappleGrenade chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
This is probably one of the most well-written pieces I have ever read on this site, I really liked it. Your writing style is really good, you managed to bring so much poignancy and depth to it, but in a subtle kind of way... if that makes any sense.

I liked the way it was set out in all the little sections too, and the way they interlinked. ]
lithle chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
This is rather excellent. I don't have much more to say than that. The shorts are all successful, interesting, and feel IC. The writing is very solid. Really beautiful work.
Esperata chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
Yay! Another origin story and about one of my all time favourites. I loved the back story with Sherry... it really explains in more detail why he believed she'd go to the party with him and added so much pathos to his already sad tale. Previously he just seemed rather foolish (bless) but now it's even more apparently her fault (b... I won't say it but the dog link was very appropriate).

And how frabjous of you to include Jervis!