Reviews for Marry Me First
grayskittles chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
I'm so glad that you did this! I'm sure that this could have turned in so many different ways, but you always seem to hit it right on. Be proud, you are one of the few that have been able to enter Edwards mind and nail Ms. Meyer's flair.
ickaren chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
I think you have it exactly right! Edward's nightmare was seeing her walk down the aisle to someone else. His dream was Bella as his bride! Her dream was eternity with Edward. I love reading your insights into Edward's thoughts. The closing paragraph is perfect-combining his self-image as a monster, moving into her acceptance and love, becoming his acceptance as one of the best nights of his life.
cinroc chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
That was fantastic. Thanks for sharing it.
Lady Dragona chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
I loved this chapter. The inner workings of why Edward choose to propse the way he did the first time. A great addition to this might be the second proposal. The one she accepted. I would love to know what he was thinking then. I know that it isn't in the same book, but it is the same time frame, sort of.
starlit skyes chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
Hey, this is very great! Very well written... seriously. You got Edward's thoughts very accurately, the way I imagine he WOULD have thought. Great job!

Your language is very easy and interesting to read – and at the same time, slightly poetic. Very nice! I feel like I couldn't stop reading once I'd started. _

I liked Edward a lot in this... especially the bit when he's imagining them married. Cute! I really like it... the descriptions, everything...

The only bit I felt a little bit... um, well, unconvinced about, was when Edward's trying to make her marry him, and the whole 'channeling his love into his eyes' bit. I would have thought, being away from her for so long, he wouldn't be that convinced of his ability to dazzle her anymore. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I saw it.

Anyway, awesomely written! Great job! u_u
ebhg chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
"It was going to take massive doses of Bella for me to begin to recover from all that." Spoken like a true addict:)

Rang clear as a bell! I honestly think his proposal was his heart's earnest desire; the same as Bella's desire to be changed by Edward.

I love how you had Edward grab hold of the idea of changing her himself, but still hate himself for desiring it. Very Edward:)

Great job!
Absolutely Cullen chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
I think you are right for your take on this story. I think Edward realized deep down that he truly wanted to get married one day in his human life but he had thought he had to give that up. I think it's the same with his child. He never really thought of himself as a father but once it was all said and done with I think he was truly happy to know that he and the love of his life had created something that was purely theres it wasn't turned, it wasn't brought in to the family by some other means...the woman he loved carried her, gave birth (even if it was by rather harsh means) to her, and every time he looked at her he would be able to see little bits of himself and Bella mixed together to make a true miracle. I think that Edward loved being a father as much if not more than being a husband. And I KNOW he longed for his venom to rush through Bella rather than having to turn the job over to someone else. I think it was a deeper need just like you described a way of sorta sealing his connection with Bella forever. I thought it was a beautifully done story...I think you hit the nail right on the head.
TheSingingGirl chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
This is exactly what I thought he was thinking. It started off as a trying to find a ploy to get her to wait, but he wanted it so much underneath...

My favourite bit was the realisation that it's an entirely win-win situation for Edward. Stupid shiny Volvo owner. Hee hee.

TSG