Reviews for Poltergeist's
Blee Bleep chapter 1 . 5/20/2017
Okay, wow, I just read this and holy shit dude, this was seven years ago?

Okay, let's not sport over numbers here but I'm going to talk about the plot and characters.

From my great interest of Pokemon fanfics, yours was truly gratifying to a certain extent and is a lot more gory than I could've thought it would have happen to but seeing that you are a fan of Higurashi (that anime is totes awesome), I should softly understand that you just wanted to shit people.

So, here we have Priscilla Vo, our main bratty protagonist that has absolutely no idea where she will go next. And her mother is diseased, oh my God, but no worries, Zenith that legendary copy-Pokemon is giving her a deal to let the single-mom live! Sweet! But wait. She has no solid Pokemon. Well, time to go to the marsh.

It's really a refreshing take on this fanfic of yours. The heroine is not the overly-kind or righteous powerhouse who has powers to understand Pokemon type but she is the most average girl you can think of. Not only is she representing reality of starting a Pokemon journey with real fucked-up scenes but you have rather piqued the true natures of what ten-year old girls should be in the true beginning, even her fifteen year old story but I would rather say that she's too bratty.

So, her starter is a Yanma... really? I, uh, was expecting either a Buizel or that slug-Pokemon which you always see in that Marsh. Meh, whatever. So, the starter isn't really all that special to the story, nor is he a material for something big since Darcy is mainly the person who has create a major plot-point. That being said, I was really disappointed for Jet to be the most un-determined to Priscilla but since you spared him a very, very important scene which consisted of that Dawn stone, I guess I can take that sort of loyalty thing to its trainer.

Now, the Pokemon: I was guessing for a real starter, like those Turtwig and Chimchar, and thingimajig, but instead, you gave her a shiny roselia and traded it for a Turtwig... really though. Disappointment swells into my stomach but I fought it off with chocolate. Eating helps me think.

And here we go: Just like that. Darcy getting an innocent girl into something bizzare all because innocence and ignorance is key trickery through plotting a major event. Really. Well, I could have wanted a good-old, single travelling with Pokemon, not some Gory-ass shit but the author of this is a cruel mistress (by any chance, are you happen to be Miss Vigallia?).

And, kid problems about trust. Seriously, have Priscilla seen the countless movies about adults trusting some entities?

So, the heroine nearly died but she's safe and, cue time-skip. Really, I was not shocked by that time skip since majority of all the gory-animes I watch will not be shit-scary without a time skip.

And, Champion Dawn becomes a tutor for our heroine! Hooray! How filler and exceptionally cliche! Not that I am complaining but really, a person who has been some sort of fault into something international that has caused problems region-wide, I am not surprised that the soon-to-be Champion of Sinnoh will take an eye to the protagonist.

Although as expected it to be, Dawn seems to be more... icy than what I could have expect. Also, Priscilla already went through a blizzard! What more cold things will she face!? But nevertheless, unexpectedness is what I like.

So, like, the Sinnoh arc is now reaching its Climax and people are dying. Ah, how beautiful. The characters that has a lot of potential to be more has died before my eyes, making me nostalgic of those times when I read a good book but then my favorite character suddenly dies. Soon enough, majority of all my favorite characters are graves. Do I need more space to make it a cemetery now?

Also, Priscilla becoming a Hoenn trainer! Whoop! I really liked where you took this off and it's truly impressive but, the news of time-stopping is a bit unexpected and I just think, because you said nothing about time-gaps in the earlier chapters, that this is just an excuse for love-arc, not connecting to the majority-event since most of these are just some chapters are just useless (to me).

Ugh. Please no. A guy? As rival? Well, if I've had a say, this is too game-cliche. And for the program of that Rustorbo-thingiemajig, I could really think less of it as important because one, if you tend for the readers to ease their way through this then make more scenes that can connect to the climax than acquaintances events because really, characters are useless not unless if they have a majority say into the whole event. And two, I think using nicknames for Pokemon are really confusing, but, that's just me probably since I didn't bother memorizing the Pokemon because: being the standard pokemon trainer who rather have two or three Pokemon until the eight badge, I really hate training loads of Pokemon who are just going to be in the PC for their whole lives (it makes me feel guilty).

Another thing: best friend falling in love with best friend is fucking dooope! And I still love it! I'm a fan of any Yuri things and seriously! A dyke-alert made me fucking sluggish in my bed!

So, that's all I'm going to say but can I at least see where you've taken up the next arc? Because I really wanted to see whether or not Priscilla will live or not.
CrassKal chapter 41 . 9/6/2015
Well, I liked it. Left a lot of questions, and seeing as how it hasn't been updated in 5 years they won't be answered, but nonetheless and interesting read.
Veno7913 chapter 41 . 1/2/2015
Non stop reading this is awesome! I read Pedestal and the was reading Ree majors wonderful journey and all that linked to you now im going to go read summer heat
Veno7913 chapter 30 . 1/1/2015
You story keeps reminding me of shadow pokemon from colosseum and XD.
WyldClaw chapter 21 . 11/8/2013
What?
WyldClaw chapter 19 . 11/8/2013
That was creeeeeepy
WyldClaw chapter 17 . 11/8/2013
Why does Darcy want to go to snowpoint city?
WyldClaw chapter 16 . 11/8/2013
How will the sunset heal zenith ?
What's gotten Darcy all wound up?
WyldClaw chapter 15 . 11/8/2013
I'm really beginning to hate Darcy
WyldClaw chapter 14 . 11/8/2013
I think tsuruda was very helpful
Shadow Serenity 57 chapter 15 . 9/3/2013
Well, I wasn't going to post anything, but I took a pause from reading and checked your profile and saw the bit about "Oh - and if you read something, please leave a review. I'd love to know what you thought about what you read, no matter how long ago it was posted, no matter what your opinion was. Love it, hate it, feel neutral on it, I'd really love to know." so...

I don't actually have much to say, and maybe it's because it doesn't look like you've been active for the last three years that's keeping me from going into detail, but I'll leave something, anyway.

Basically, I like what I've read (up to Ch. 15 so far - judging by some of your past reviews it looks like this isn't complete, so that's going to be depressing if that turns out to be true, but meh). Can't remember when Sinnoh came out, but if this was written alongside Pedestal, then I imagine it was when Sinnoh was at least fairly new. Personally, I hate Sinnoh, but that's partially why I loved Pedestal - the way it portrays the region is sort of how I pictured the region (and speaking of Pedestal, that's actually how I ended up finding this - I was going to look for some information in it to reference, and happened upon the note in the first chapter that mentions this story, which I actually hadn't checked out before. I don't think there was any other mention of it, else I'd probably have left comments two years ago).

Anyways, the characters are developing fairly well at this point so far. Darcy creeps the hell out of me, and to be honest, I don't like her much. I never really liked characters like her. Of course, she's actually a pretty good character; I just don't like that sweet controlling type.

So, it seems that you and Skitty had written these stories side-by-side with some sort of requirements. I had noticed several similarities up to this point (for example, the quiet starter, the dancing shroomish, the creepy stalker ghost, the mysterious Xatu and strange dreams), but I didn't realize they were on purpose. Do you by chance have a list anywhere of what all those requirements were? I don't recall anywhere in Pedestal that mentioned any of this and now I'm curious to see what you two had schemed up. I think I'm going to make up my own list to keep track, because I imagine it's just a shot in the dark to get a reply at all, but hey, can't hurt to try.

In any case, I'm going to continue to the end of what's been posted.
Johnclaw Dragonhelm chapter 41 . 2/10/2013
Wow, so much content! It's hard to keep track of it all! I look forward to more!
colbub chapter 41 . 12/27/2012
I like "Shannon' more than Priscilla a lot - at the start Priscilla kind of... annoyed me? Made me skip a few chapters as well, but now she's getting better. I like how it's going with character development (since you can see it!)
Looking forward to the next chapter!
yay chapter 12 . 12/15/2012
I KNEW it was Zachary! :D As soon as he said Carlita I was like, "Is he talking about Shroomish?"
ShineTheMew chapter 41 . 7/8/2012
I LOVE it! I cant wait till you update! This makes 2 stories Ive gotten to the end of and were disappointed they werent finished... The first was PMD: Silver Resistance. :D I love this so much and hope that you do really update soon... I heard its been 2 years... maybe Ill check deviantART...