Reviews for Blood Ties
Guest chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
live this story its kinda cute in away how the plot moves i really like it

Dawn
Hekateras chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Hilarious, and it doesn't seem OOC. :D

One point of criticism, though... the writing style...

"No!" Rorschach made an irritated growling noise, and pulled a sugar cube from his pocket. He deftly unwrapped it, showed it to the kid, and dropped it into the milk with a plunk.

See, when you do things like that, it seems like Rorschach is the one who said "no", but you clearly intended the kid to say that. It's better to keep one person's response in a separate line from another person's phrase, otherwise it gets confusing.
8I chapter 2 . 4/14/2009
It's kind of cute how Rorschach is so concerned about Dan... he really DOES care about people! 8D
AnonyMiss731 chapter 2 . 4/12/2009
They got a Robin how cute. Ha ha ha. J/K. I wouldn't put it past the kid but I doubt they'd let him in on the dynamic duo. _ This is pretty cool. I like the relationship you have going between Rorschach and Dan. It's like Rory is his best friend without even acknowledging it. The kid is hella amusing too. I loved the milk thing. It was hysterical. And Raw-shark was a teehee moment. Hope I get an alert for a new chapter soon. Also hope to see this on lj if your over there. The comms don't have a lot of AU and the like.
Indy is awesome chapter 2 . 4/12/2009
I always knew Rorschach would be good as a family man. You just gave me an idea for a story where Rorschach adopts a kid.
too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
"so surely another more sinister character could do it."

;; no one's more sinister than Rorschach... XD
water kangaroo chapter 2 . 3/31/2009
ah! this made me smile so much! Rorschach is so cute and awesome when he's worried about Dan ] and vice versa. i LOVE the way you write Rorschach! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE write more soon! it's like Paineater said, your stories are crack, and i'm addicted! frankly, i'm not planning to end the habit, dangerous as it may be XD
Adi Sagestar chapter 2 . 3/22/2009
Love it. Entirely.

Adi
crazy queen of toast chapter 2 . 3/17/2009
That was cool!
A Person of No Great Import chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Just found this story, and hee! I like it a lot. Little Ben is especially good, with v. realistic characterization for a four-year-old (as any babysitter will tell you. Blech).

One small critique before I continue: the date is given as 1968, but Rorschach is talking in sentence fragments, like he did after the Roche kidnapping/murder (which was in... '75, I think? I lent my copy to a friend and can't look it up ATM). Anyway, prior to that little slice of brain-breakage, Rorschach used full sentences, with personal possessive pronouns and *gasp!* normal speech balloons! I know, crazy, right?

It's a small thing, and doesn't impact on his character or personality (which is marvelous; his usual single-minded focus, well done), but it's there and I thought I'd mention it for the future. Anyway, funny and sweet, a difficult thing to do in this fandom, but you've handled it admirably. Hurrah!
cornflakesnobowl chapter 2 . 3/15/2009
so cute. you're a darn good writer.
Beatlemaniac1 chapter 2 . 3/15/2009
Heh, I love this story thus far! I though it was a slash fic (ick...) but am pleasantly surprised that it's something like THIS. :) Update soon!
Ties are Hot chapter 2 . 3/15/2009
This is great! I can't wait for more. :D
Fritz Will Get You chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
AHAHAHAHA.

Never thought Rorschach would be good with children, but then again, he would, wouldn't he? I love the image of Rorschach sitting across the table, staring down a stubborn kid. Best image ever. XD
Fritz Will Get You chapter 2 . 3/13/2009
Ah, this is so well written and makes me smile every time I read it.

You nailed the characters perfectly and I love Ben's reactions to seeing Dan's old 'friend' in both the chapters. Great job!