Reviews for Pedestal
Flamingp0tat0 chapter 38 . 11/15
This was a waste of time. Realized it about 10 chapters ago but I was hoping that it'd get better.
Uvuvwevwevwe Onyetenyevwe Ugwe chapter 1 . 11/12
Reggielacey not all males masculine are false. Or should I say craven. Must be proud calling men coward. Unless they are gay or have identity and gender confused.
Uvuvwevwevwe Onyetenyevwe Ugwe chapter 1 . 11/12
Eating Upside DownYour comment are correct. True men usually seeks conflict or prove themselves superior. That is genetic to obtain better mate. They fight each other, meanwhile women are choosing best men to provide them stability even wealth. This is still exist even now. That is why the word bully came first from men rather than women. In the past women are forced to be meek, and abide the rules created by men. Why there are many harem of kings and emperor to prove them superior than their peer.
piquelmyuzk chapter 10 . 11/11
"it's realistic"
Umm no. No matter how frustrated I got as a kid I didn't contemplate arson or public destruction of property. I also never contemplated stealing a pet or whatever the irl equivalent to a Pokemon is. This kid is a rocket grunt in training not a realistic portrayal of human children.
drkprince chapter 13 . 10/21
I just puked .. yuck.. the fk is this...fk me..
drkprince chapter 10 . 10/21
im only reading forward coz of 4 k likes . this is extremely realistic...for all those realistic morons do u know what realistic really is.. it's really boring..!
3tim chapter 14 . 9/26
Omg exactly like I said, he acts like a 9 year old.
3tim chapter 8 . 9/26
This protagonist is such a kid. Like this has the same energy as 9 year old me getting scammed by older kids while pokemon trading cards. Thankfully I had a older brother to beat people up.

I feel sorry for MC. He's pretty lost and not at all ready for this journey.

This has to be one of the more realistic takes on the other side of the Pokemon circuit. - Well most realistic while staying in theme (aka none of that depressing super dark pokemon stuff)
reggielacey2 chapter 1 . 9/21
also "male ego is out entire self worth" no...that's YOUR self worth because your probably insecure
reggielacey2 chapter 1 . 9/21
not all males are "masculine"
Eating Upside Down chapter 70 . 9/19
No masculine tone, the attention to detail of clothing, the mood swings, the lack of accountability, the brotherly relationship without the undercurrent of rivalry, this is a girl masquerading as a boy.

If you want to write a male character, understand the underlying methodology of dudes is more about control. Scenes where a 11 year old who has his own money is physically picked up and carried are 100x more humiliating for a guy than a girl. We respond to violence and commands differently than girls, and pride is way more important. Boys brag, boast, challenge each other- it is how we get stronger. The handholding through the region/gym would wear down very quickly. Independence is more important to guys than community is for girls. And in this story you don’t quite take it far enough. For example that first loss reaction was fearful of the water Pokémon. Guys ready differently and would get a water type or learn how to get their starter to manage those fights. We break the problem or it breaks us before we run from it. Facing challenges- that’s what fuels us. Conflict means victory and pride.

That’s why rivals matter. They force anyone to grow but guys take it way more personally in general. See Ash and Gary. Or Naruto Sasuke. Boys or young males seek conflict. That’s why sports are so appealing. It’s just genetic. Male ego is a real thing, as you can probably tell, by this review, but it’s a thing because it’s our entire self worth. Put differently, there are no willing female lone wolves.
Eating Upside Down chapter 66 . 9/19
Ah it’s this chapter that clued me in. No dude talks like this. This is how a girl speaks. “Why would I be happy now” and not having the authority of “his” Pokémon team. “Saying stop it” gets bullied out males at an early age- and it’s just different from how girls are. That’s the disconnect I’ve been having.

Even if this character is meant to be male, the author has too passive of a voice for the character- the only assertiveness in the story are emotional outbursts, and guys rarely do that. One would think a boy who grew up watching Pokémon beat the shit out of each other would be desensitized to it, but girls would respond differently. You might almost say that the hero is “motherly” to his Pokémon rather than a father figure.
Eating Upside Down chapter 43 . 9/19
I wish I had a Hanna in my life.
Exotic4M3 chapter 160 . 9/4
beautifully written story. brought tears to my eyes. thank you for the story. 10/10
adithyavigneshdayal chapter 37 . 9/4
is there actually a story here i dont see it and i dont want to read boring stuff till the last is there anything worth reading im dissapointed really
4,255 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »