Reviews for New Friends
MyRandomName chapter 13 . 9/15/2013
Really excellent story
Zakeraz chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
I read this story a while back and just got a strong urge to find it again. This was an incredibly well done piece and one of the first stories to get me into reading fan fiction. Thanks for this awesome exploration in Shepard's back-story. It is a believable and deep portrayal of her as a teen.
LoquaciousQuark chapter 13 . 5/18/2012
Oh wow, this is /lovely/. What a unique, interesting look at Shepard's background! Seriously, every bit of this is pitch-perfect, and the change from orphan to gang member to soldier is wonderfully subtle and perfectly clear at the same time. Gina is incredible. Thank you so much for sharing this!
Chris7221 chapter 13 . 8/23/2011
Wow, that was amazing. It was kind of grimdark, and felt more Twenty Minutes Into The Future than truly futuristic until near the end. And I did notice a few grammar mistakes. But that's like saying there's some flux residue on a couple solder joints. This story was amazing.

Very well written, for one, but unlike most "well-written" stories I've seen, that doesn't come at the expense of anything else. Very good characters and they felt real and deep, not forced and flat. It was a little short, but an excellent story, and felt fleshed out. Even with the dark, serious plot, however, there were a few funny bits mixed in which was great.

I don't say this as often as I would like, but great story.
Koi chapter 13 . 7/22/2011
Beautifully done. Definitely an instant favorite~
Jenna53 chapter 13 . 7/2/2010
The first half of this story was a little slow, but the last half really made up for it. All together a great story. Thanks.
Kknd2 chapter 13 . 12/29/2009
Dear Mister Buch,

I do belive that you should consider professionally writing material. Your denying yourself a chance to spread this level of writing to everyone else. Simple, virtually flawless, belivable and charmingly addictive. Its a rare thing, even amoung the top quality gems to be found on FFN, to see concise writing like this, I think the best word for it is succinct. In all honesty, this is superlative work, so much so that I actually feel a little guilty because I did not pay for it.

I will look forward to reading your other works, and would like you to know you have my respect.
TFRiD Queen chapter 13 . 7/31/2009
Wow. That was amazing. I love it how you explored a possibility of an Earthborn Shepard's life in such detail, and giving us an insight of what she might've been like and the life she lived. Very impressive-it was a great read.
rutger5000 chapter 13 . 6/26/2009
Brilliant story. Loved every word of it. Thanks for writting and posting this.
rutger5000 chapter 10 . 6/26/2009
An amazing chapter, it fits perfectly with the previous one. Great job. There isn't one thing in this chapter what I didn't love. Just amazing.
rutger5000 chapter 9 . 6/26/2009
Impressing fight scene. I always feel it's hard to those right.

I'm not sure if not describing any moral dilema from Shepards part about killin a man was a good thing or not. But you're the writer so you decide.
rutger5000 chapter 3 . 6/26/2009
This is great stuff. I already liked your way of writting, but now I like it even more. This is really well written.
Tillian chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
Lovely story and a very touching ending to top it off. I like the realistic attitude and settings, especially with the social attitudes between humans and aliens. (The part about a dead asari is heart-wrenching in one of the chapters.)

The climatic ending in the last 3 chapters is wonderful, especially the interaction between Nash, Shepard and Rymus.

Good work. :)
Knightfall1138 chapter 6 . 3/13/2009
Again, I keep forgetting this is a Mass Effect story. This is just the way sci-fi should be. There are some things that humanity just won't be able to outgrow in the foreseeable future, and you've managed to touch on many of those aspects that keep your Earth from looking anything remotely close to a utopia.

The main thing that stood out for me was the dead asari. It was sad in an almost "To Kill A Mockingbird" sort of way. The way Nash kept saying "It" instead of "Her" was a marvelous touch.

And these interludes are astonishingly relevant, lol, and they're so detailed as well. The way they're written in the present tense makes it feel like a dream state.

Awesome work!
EasterOfFlesh chapter 13 . 3/13/2009
I was worried for a while that Shepard was attacking Rymus to prove something to Nash. And I have to admit, this is one of the best written ME fics I've read, and I'm sad to see it over. All your characters were so realistic and believable. I guess I can only hope that you'll continue to write for this fandom. ;)