Reviews for Turning Point
RC-1169 chapter 20 . 7/2
This was one of the best stories I have ever read. Thank you so much for creating such a wonderful fanfiction!
heartfortwilight chapter 1 . 4/2
Dear MaureenT,

CONGRATULATIONS! The Fanatic Fanfics Multifandom Awards would like to inform you that you have been nominated in the following categories:

-Time Favorite Stargate Fanfic - Turning Point
Sci-Fi Fanfic - Turning Point: Divergence
Undiscovered Fanfic - Turning Point
Undiscovered Fanfic - Turning Point: Divergence
Veteran Author

Voting will start on April 11, 2016. We will take votes for three weeks before closing on May 2, 2016.

Feel free to let your readers know about this event, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

-Fanatic Fanfics Multifandom Awards
awards. fanaticfanfics. com
Romain01 chapter 20 . 11/26/2015
I must say this is one of the best Fan Fiction that I have read.
fan of sun chapter 20 . 11/22/2015
Admire the way you can craft either a short story or a many chapter story, keeping it interesting through the chapters, some changes in pace and tone.
fan of sun chapter 17 . 11/21/2015
Your writing is great. Sorry not to review so often, do not know how to critique, love all your stories, have read many, working my way through them.
Aeris Mae chapter 20 . 6/5/2015
The amount of tears -both happy and sad- I shed in the last two chapters more than proves to me how amazing this story was. It was the full-circle that did it for me; the knowledge that Daniel really did impact the fight with the Goa'uld in a MAJOR way and that Oma let him know that was just breathtaking. Great characterization of Daniel and interesting depiction of the Tok'ra queen Egeria. All 'Gate knowledge was accurate and any leaps taken were backed by logic. The writing style was smooth and imagery fantastic, however it's the concepts that truly awed me. The search for selflessness, the need for bravery, the want for love; it's the overpowering humanity that gets me in the end.
NightWithMoon chapter 20 . 5/8/2015
I figure if you go into the past and change the future, you're really creating a new diverging branch - you can either make only teeny tiny differences and that branch will run parallel to the original, or you can make big ones and it will go in a totally different direction, either way you don't have to preserve the future to make sure you still travel into the past, because the future you came from isn't the one you're heading towards...
Since the tok'ra wouldn't exist without daniel, I just say the future he came from was already a deviation from the original.
Lina03 chapter 20 . 5/24/2014
great fic, it was awesome! )
edboy4926 chapter 20 . 2/8/2014
Good story
Sad about the ending, would have rather liked to see alt. ending 3.
The sequel better be good.
chrnno chapter 20 . 5/13/2013
You know as much as I agree with you to some extent I find it funny that you think Daniel with two thousand years and plenty of knowledge less likely to get things right than Canon considering how utterly full of sheer luck it is. Any sane person can't possibly consider canon a route to take since pretty much every single 'victory' requires extremely convoluted events.

That said is 2009 so far back that it was before the episodes which showed that there would be no paradox whatsoever?
DaisyKitten chapter 7 . 4/15/2013
Ra didn't kill Egeria.
LongyWangy chapter 20 . 2/23/2013
whew, after all this dedicated reading today, this is one heck of a short story. it's soooo AWESOMENESS :D where's the next sequel :D
Ravus chapter 15 . 2/8/2013
Maybe i'm just old fashioned, but the longer this goes on the more it feels like Daniel is a bad person and manipulating Egeria :-/ I guess I just like openess and no secrets in a relationship.

Oh while I remember, I'm pretty sure the Tok'Ra in the tv show had memories of knowledge otherwise they would have taken ages to be able to do anything. Plus any that do get taught by Daniel will remember him. But that's a minor plot hole at this point.
spiritedghost chapter 3 . 1/16/2013
So in essence it is Gene Splicing. Makes sense. However since Hathor told Daniel, "We do so enjoy the method of procuring the code in your species. It is much more pleasurable than most." It would stand to reason that sperm does fertilize the eggs. However as is true of what science can now do, it could be done with semon and than artificially inseminated. So while I agree, in part with what you are saying. I do not think, and again this is my thinking on the subject, it is the only way to achieve the code of life and make it viable for the larva not to be attacked by a humans immune system. Great chapter. I am loving this story so much...Ghost.
spiritedghost chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
To say I am intrigued is an understatement. Glad I found this one. I eagerly await what waits for me within these hallowed pages. Sincerely as I am and always will be he who walks within shadows...Ghost! (smirks and slowly fades into the shadows that lead to chapter 2)