Reviews for Closet Monsters
4895703957r84 chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
so wat had happened 2 Zick's dad?
Tsuza Alzhea chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
I love how simple this is, but it's still fun to read.

Midori kind of took out most of the words, so I don't feel the need to repeat. xD;;

.Keep on Writing.
midori-no-ink chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
I really like what you've done with the "past" portion of the story. It's a very touching scene that squeezes itself into the MA universe rather nicely, I think. It makes sense that Zob would make Zick aware of the monsters and even the Dom/Tone for the first time. His explanation was well-worded considering the 3-year-old audience he was addressing. Very effective!

Monsters in the closet are such a common childhood fear...you've played off of it nicely and turned it positive. The fact that it was Bombo hiding in Zick's closet (eating his shoes) made the encounter innocent and safe. While reading, I couldn't help but smile.

You've definitely tried to mimic a similar scenario in the "present day" section of the story, but I feel like it doesn't carry as much weight as the original event. You have two different things going on - Zick seems to have been telling the story of the first time he made a monster in the closet go away, while Zeph indicates that Zick may have banished a monster from his closet in present day. If you fix this, and perhaps reformat to indicate the stronger link between the two events, it might flow better and be stronger as a whole.

Overall, though, I really enjoyed the peek into what you imagined Zick's past to have been like. It's very calming, even a little uplifting. I'm glad I read it before turning in to sleep myself :)
LM Simpson chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
SO. CUTE! Good job for a first MA fic, by the way.

Have a nice day!