Reviews for Red Serpent
Remus love chapter 11 . 12/27/2012
excellent plot... Remus as James Bond and Severus the spy who fell in love... haha... likes it very much...
MokoBunChan chapter 5 . 4/11/2012
I love me some gratuitous explosions.
Her Royal Goddess chapter 12 . 1/31/2012
I really enjoyed this story Xx
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 12 . 1/27/2012
Dark Lord Voldemort in Communist Russia? You give me complicated Riddle. First, Communism is/was not restricted to Russia. Second, Voldemort is British, not Russian. Third, Lord and Communism don't match well. But then... You write your own history. And I shall cheerfully read it, for it's welcome difference from Britain- and Europe- centered fiction.

Tom Riddle. Russian citizen. Pretends to wish to move to Britain as land of his father. Considering his likely dislike for the father, he wishes to use Britain for his own purposes. Being a communist should not be surpising given that his father was a rich landlord, and left his mother helpless and alone. Tom Marvolo Riddle, A powerful one. He's a clever, if twisted man and he has the gift of convincing people - that's why I like the character, as long as his morals are strict enough: he has great potential, and not as tool - unfortunately, his potential is frequently wasted on villainy. And he's not alone either; he runs his own organisation, known as the Death Eaters - and that's disappointing, since his standards are likely lax, considering the name; why not something more mysterious, like Knights of Walpurgis?

~ 'Do you think I'm that shallow?' He sighed. 'Please assure yourself that I do indeed have my reasons for this, not all entirely self-serving. Only some of them.'

I welcome Snape's smirk... Even in that smoky place.

I just hope rat animagus doesn't tread here, overhear them. And that Nagini cannot smell the two intruders.

~ He had, it seemed, missed the most important part of the damn meeting.

I hope Snape didn't. How could werewolf lose his balance?

Moon... I hope Lupin keeps track of days of full moon.

~ 'We have all the time in the world.'

Not true, I am afraid.

Severus has not betrayed Remus! Either somebody overheard them, or Severus's mind was read, or Veritaserum was slipped. In either case, Severus is in worse situation than Remus.

~ Do you really expect him to tell you the truth? I had more respect for you than that, Remus.

Remus trusts too easily to those who are strong and manipulative. Usually, I am angry at Remus for trusting Dumbledore when Harry is abused; but now, I am angry at Remus for trusting his captor. Riddle enjoys mindgames, doesn't he?

That's time for Remus to show how strong wolf can be, to break Riddle's chains, to let Severus Snape free.

If you can hear it, you can break the wall between you and torturers.

Can wolf swim in the sea?

~ 'It's love then, is it?'

It better eternally true be.

~ darkness was just beginning to brighten into a grey dawn.

Silver of white night...

~ The jigsaw pieces of his life had slotted into place and at last the pattern was clear.

Good night, and good luck. Thank you. Truly. Red serpent is somewhat distasteful combination; at least, this one Tom Marvolo Riddle is disliked by me like no other version of Voldemort is. Probably because I like idea of Communism still, despite its falls. Pairing Remus - Severus is usually not read by me, but this one is done outstandingly well. Mind you, I am not a fan of James Bond. The part with eavesdropping on the inner circle meeting is too careless, and Severus Snape did it only because of desperation, of lack of time.
Knocks chapter 12 . 1/24/2012
I like this AU and concept. :-) And imagining Alan Rickman's Snape with a Russian accent...

Ooooo.
Sasha Mubijo chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
This is boring, your grammar needs work, you ramble, and you take to long to get to the point.
Viviane Renard chapter 12 . 8/3/2011
What a fantastic journey you've taken us on! It's full of action and romance and the intrigue of espionage. I love your characterization of Snape and Lupin, and how your elegant writing makes them come alive. The finale really hits home, wrapping everything up in a thrilling battle, and then that final scene between Snape and Lupin afterwards is a wonderful conclusion to a wonderful story. Great job, and thank you for sharing this delightful gem!
olimakiella chapter 12 . 6/25/2011
This is the first story I read where I actively searched for s R/S fic and, boy, have you set the standard.

It is utterly astounding and equal parts astonishing that a fic of this callibre does not have more reviews.

You have done a fantabulous job and I hope to start stalking you very soon...
shakespeare's sister chapter 12 . 6/21/2011
That was an absolute delight. You write so beautifully and understatedly, the sex bits were hot, the characters were believable, and the storyline was original and gripping. I loved it!
shakespeare's sister chapter 8 . 6/21/2011
I normally try to review sensibly and pick out bits of stories that I like, and generally engage with the author in a meaningful way, but I don't think I can! You get a fangirl squeeeeee and caps-locked I LOVE THIS! Must get on and finish it. I'll try and review like a rational being at the end (maybe).
Virus chapter 12 . 6/16/2011
Amazing ending to an amazing story. Loved it. An worth the wait.
Guest chapter 12 . 6/16/2011
Absolutely loved it!
Fayet chapter 12 . 6/16/2011
How wonderful it is when hopes are fullfilled even if they seem fruitless. And what a good way to tie up all the loose knots and ends. I will have to snoop through your LJ now - who knows what's waiting around there now?

thanks for finally updating, and for finishing this story. It was sure a pleasure to read.
Addictedreader09 chapter 12 . 6/15/2011
so glad you finished :D
Fayet chapter 11 . 6/15/2011
This was wonderful. I had to read it in one sitting, stopping somewhere in the middle was just not possible. What an original plot, and how detailed the characters are painted. I did enjoy your choice of words, your descriptions, especially those concerning places. The swift plotline swept me up and got a close hold on me. A truly entertaining read, and I might say a fitting way to honour the spy novels you seem to like so much.

And how sad that there is no final chapter. At least you finished the plot till Riddle's death and did not leave us readers hanging in suspense.. but I'd still love to read how things are wrapped up in the end. Sadly the long-ago date of the last update tells me that this is not very likely to happen.