Reviews for Resound
Erin Elric chapter 7 . 2/16
This story was simply amazing. Everyone is in character and you captured the charm of One Piece with their antics. I hope you update this story soon :)
Nekocin chapter 7 . 9/8/2014
This is really a nice introspective read for CP9. Thank you for writing them. I especially love Kaku and the Kumadori. This last chapter is really poignant! Thank you for sharing it!
At some point, I hope they will get Spandam and torture the coward without leaving a trace of their identities.
SparklyPinkLemonade chapter 7 . 2/22/2014
Oh, wow. It's been forever since I've read good fan fiction in One Piece! This is an incredible take on the individual report!
Sprintingfever chapter 2 . 9/13/2013
Another incredible instalment! I really love what you've done with this fic, there's expansion yet no OOC.

Ok little, grind-down of your charas: Jyabura's still hot-headed and loves his trash talk, but I love how he still has the humility/concern to acknowledge Lucci and Kaku's power. But there's a good balance and I like the rarity of those moments. I think we'd only encounter this side of Jyabura in emergencies like this. After Kaku, I think Jyabura has been the least affected by the emotional training from CP9 - to be completely emotionless.

Kalifa has exhibited great control over her emotions and displaying as little as possible, when she tries to hide her amusement at Spandam's injury. But I like how you can describe the turmoil inside her head which is totally natural given that she really believed that CP9 were invincible and her training.

Fukurou tends to be one of those lesser-looked into charas in Fanfiction, which is a shame when he provides so much humor and an immature endearment to CP9. I like how he wasn't cast off to the side but he's there providing very One Piece-esque humor.

Blueno's also very difficult to write so often he's also ignored in the reals of fandom. I also loved the analysis of the air-doors here, of course, me quite like the rest of CP9 it took me a couple of times to understand it well enough. But I felt like i knew it better than when I read the manga or watched the anime. Yeah it took me that long -.-

Kumadori - ahahahahahah! Oh that mother of his :') I LOLed so hard when I read how Jyabura had to wake him up out of his trance. It was hilarious! Something Oda would have been very proud of. Again (jeez I feel like I'm repeating myself) Very IC here, dramatic as usual... and I do wanna know where he kept that staff of his.

Kaku - I would like to see more of. But from what I can tell he was very IC and very intuitive and quick on the uptake with how Spandam's reaction would be to CP9's defeat and how for all of Jyabura's trash talk he's still staying cool and blowing him off casually :P Go Kaku.

Lucci - I really look forward to how you write Lucci... it'll be really interesting and I'm curious to know what his first reaction will be knowing that CP9 seemingly indestructible were defeated. Will Jyabura be correct? Doubtful since the guys made it out of St Poplar all in one piece. Hahhaha geddit? :P
Sprintingfever chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
Wow, you know out of all the One Piece canon, (bar the Straw Hats of course) CP9 were my all time favorite! :3 and this is a truly rare gem to see them all so in character! Yet you've expanded beautifully on their given characters, I don't think the others would be quite as emotionless and as cold as Lucci would be, so when you described Kalifa's concern for everyone it was realistically done and sooo not OOC since she does keep herself in check and reverts back to her secretary/business-like manner.

I also liked how in the midst of such a serious and tense situation the chapter was not without some good ol' One Piece dramatic humor (e.g. Kalifa's THAT BITCH! and Jyabura's general hot-head getting him way in over himself and his jibes with Kaku). It was pretty cute to see some concern from Jyabura for Kaku, like underneath all the rivalry and trash talk there's a sense of camaraderie. I would have liked to have seen more of that in the Enies Lobby and Water 7 arcs!

Out of all CP9 I'd say Jyabura would show quite a lot of emotion, mainly because he's quite hot headed and from what we saw in Enies Lobby arc he was prone to the most outbursts (after Spandam of course - but he doesn't count :P) and laughed so much at Kaku's giraffe fruit.

Ah Fukurou, I was so very entertained by his antics here. Still got the old blabber mouth in him and I could practically hear him proudly confessing that he had blabbed about Jyabura's antics. :P

Also you explained Kumadori's technique and Blueno's air-door in between quite well, I like how you expanded on their powers. Anyhoos I'll see you in the next chappie! :)
Infinitechange chapter 7 . 7/27/2013
Interesting and fun story so far!
snowwinter486 chapter 7 . 7/17/2013
It's rare that I see an independent story done really well. So thank you. This is really good and I hope that you plan on seeing this through.
Lily Noir chapter 7 . 7/8/2013
Oh oh oh oooooh, tell me you'll update this story eventually. Please, please tell me! It's awesome. You follow the 'snapshots' we got in the manga covers perfectly, yet do not concentrate on those situations only. Rather, you expand them and add scenes and generally make a flowing story. The conversations and situations flow together seamlessly. I like it! And, in my opinion, you captured the personalities of the agents exceptionally well. I love the scene at the end of the last chapter (the 'gong'), it shows that the defeated enemies don't necessarily hold grudges against our favourite pirates (even if they have great cause to have those ill feelings), but that they gain respect for them as worthy opponents (and that they see their worth). Seriously, those last two lines from Kumadori made him into my second most favourite of the CP9 (behind Lucci). And Lucci, I like how you portray him - how he accepted his defeat, and how it 'opened' his eyes. I can't wait to read more. Good luck!

lily
Nerd chapter 7 . 5/16/2013
Amazing
Roi JadeJaws chapter 7 . 3/19/2013
Love this story! Hope you update again soon. This is seriously my favorite fanfic that involves Kaku, and he needs more love. 3
alynawatlovers chapter 7 . 3/15/2013
This is... surprisingly good. Not meant for your writing skills, because clearly they are good enough if I even passed the first chapter - I'm not a huge fan of CP9, even after reading the cover story arc, but this is very well done. :D Thanks!
Sora10 chapter 7 . 2/27/2013
I thought that your whole story has been amazing so far and i can't wait for you to write the next chapter. Besides i am a fan of Kaku so i was really happy when i finally found out that he had survived the whole incedent at Enis Lobby. Good luck on the next chapter i can't wait to read it! :P
fritillary252 chapter 7 . 1/24/2013
Jyabura plopped back down in a huff. "I wouldn't chase Kalifa anyway. I'm way to old for her, and she has her eye on someone already." He sipped at his whipped-cream topped strawberry frappachino.

Ooh, i wonder who Kalifa likes...lol And Lucci woke up! Loving this, update soon plz :D
fritillary252 chapter 2 . 1/24/2013
Loving this! Favorited ;D
Vheeri The Succubus chapter 7 . 1/1/2013
Lucci making snow angels.. pft. Also,did you know that a cat's purr works as a healing aura? It's like an area of effect mage spell. I think it'd be beyond hilarious if Lucci purred, just to see how you'd write their reactions.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work too.

I also appreciate the lack of pairings. Sure there are strong believers in nakamaship here, but sometimes, it's just not fun to read ya know? Good work.