Reviews for That's the way I am: A Ricky Linderman Tale
Erzsebeth Bathory chapter 4 . 1/2/2010
This was such an emotional and moving chapter. I'm such a huge fan of happy endings, and this was definitely an ending that left a huge smile on my face. Romantic but not overly so, and it tied two people together after many years of not seeing one another. And Clifford - so wise and such a good friend to Ricky. I enjoyed this story very, very much. Please keep up the good work!
Erzsebeth Bathory chapter 3 . 1/2/2010
It was really great to have someone like Coral to listen to our poor Ricky. They complimented each other very well and it was too bad she wasn't in the movie. She would have been a great addition! I like her willingness to listen and to push him into confronting his problems. I also like how she has her own insecurities XD But she really was focused on trying to help him more than anything, huh? This was a wonderful chapter that really could have happened in the flick.
Erzsebeth Bathory chapter 2 . 1/1/2010
Ha, ha, what a fun chapter! This was a great in-between-movie-scenes type of story. I enjoyed the dialogue between Ricky and the girl, because it wasn't your love at first sight deal. Both had their agendas and both forced the other to think about their own troublesome issues. I definitely got a kick out of what the girl said about Ricky's "bunny face" XD
Erzsebeth Bathory chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
I must have already informed you of how I love the way you write Ricky. If not, it definitely bears repeating! Even as an adult, I can read this and easily imagine this as being as close to a canon-view of an older and wiser Linderman. I'm glad I'm not the only one who imagined him growing up and becoming a counselor and/or mechanic :) The history you gave him after high school is very well crafted and I like that he'd spent time with Gramma Peache (I loved her character, too!) And it's nice to see Ricky and Cliff still the greatest of friends after all of this time.

Onward to the next chapter!
verkisto chapter 4 . 3/23/2009
This is a terrific "missing scene" story with an engaging original character. Thanks! ;-)
spencerthekat chapter 4 . 2/26/2009
Now that was a good story! Very moving! You really hit on alot of emotional conflict with this one. Glad that they found each other after all this time (so called that one :P ROFLMBOPIMP). I can't wait to see what else you choose to write for this category in the future! EXCELLENT JOB! :)
spencerthekat chapter 3 . 2/26/2009
This was just such a thought provoking chapter - you really hit the nail on the head with Coral telling Ricky that he was being selfish! You had some superb dialogue and emotions in this chapter - extremely moving - Wonderful job! :)
vandevere chapter 3 . 2/20/2009
Oh, this is sad, and so sweet. Hopefully you'll let grown-up Ricky find her again, now that he's turned his life around so successfully...

Vandevere
spencerthekat chapter 2 . 2/20/2009
OH...The Blackout! That explains the "mystery woman" from the last chapter...Her BF is a really jerk, she needs to kick him to the curb!

Great chapter. I like this train girl, she's pushing the right buttons on Ricky to make him see that it was an accident and not let it eat away at him.

Really great job, can't wait for the next chapter! :) U/Q ::hides:: Hee Hee!
spencerthekat chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
Wow - what a nice treat to see what could have been in the future for Cliff and Linderman. Very touching that Ricky would go to that spot every year to reflect and remember the past. I have this odd feeling about this mysterious woman on the train..heh heh?

Wonderfully written 1st chapter, looking forward to reading on.
vandevere chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
Oh, so sweet...

This a one-shot? Or do you have more of this in your wonderful bag of treats?

Vandevere